6 Best Memory Cleaners for Mac to Speed Up the Performance in 2023
This article brings to light the top paid and truly best free memory cleaners for Mac to take the device’s performance to the next level.
Macs are often considered the most optimized devices with fewer performance issues. However, with time, even a Mac begins showing signs of sluggish performance, such as slow speed, freezing, etc. Hogged-up memory is accountable for most of these issues. Hence, the best memory cleaner for Mac is essential to free up the memory and make your device perform like a brand-spanking new model.
There are several memory cleaners for Mac to boost Mac’s performance. However, not all of them are capable enough to deliver the desired results.
Hence, we dived into the gamut of paid and free memory cleaners for Macs to find the best ones for our readers.
You may go through the following well-researched list of the top paid and best free memory cleaners for Mac to take your device’s performance to a whole new level.
Thoroughly Researched List of the Best Memory Cleaners for Mac
We compared various available programs based on their scan time, user interface, ease of use, features, and many other factors to compile the below list of the best paid/free memory cleaners for Mac.
Let us first introduce you to Mackeeper. It is not only the best memory cleaner for Mac but a complete performance booster.
Mackeeper boasts a wide range of features to enhance your Mac’s performance and security. For instance, it comes with a junk file cleaner, an antivirus for real-time malware protection, and a lot more. Below we share all its attractive features.
Key features of Mackeeper
- Security options like ad-blocking
- File encryption
- Data recovery tool
- Backup system for emergency situations
- Disk cleaning utility
- Duplicate file finder
- Cleans up Mac fast
- Amazing interface
- Excellent processes to diagnose Mac’s performance
- Expensive than similar software
- Malware protection is not that great
Also Read: Best and Free Duplicate Video Finders for Mac
Next, we would like to talk about CleanMyMacX, an Apple notarized application. It is yet another free memory cleaner for Mac you may use to clean and elevate your Mac’s performance.
We liked CleanMyMacX, especially for its maintenance tool that boasts a free-up RAM option to reclaim the memory with just a few clicks. Let us look at all its fascinating features.
Key features of CleanMyMacX
- Junk removal tool to remove unwanted internet log files, media files, apps, and system files
- Malware detection tool that detects and deletes viruses/malware from the device
- There is a smart assistant that finds the system junk and performs secure disk cleaning
- A lot of optimization tools to update apps and optimize the device’s performance
- Uninstaller for unnecessary applications
- Tools that offer complete web protection
- Clean and smooth UI
- Multiple language support
- Great customer support service
- Priced on a bit higher end
- No duplicate file search option
3. Gemini 2
Next, we have Gemini 2 on our list of the best memory cleaners for Mac. It is among the most highly-rated utilities to eliminate duplicate files from Mac. Its smart scanner scans every nook and corner of your device to find deeply hidden duplicates.
Moreover, Gemini 2 is well-known due to its following amazing features.
Key features of Gemini 2
- Scans for every type of duplicate file, such as doc, photo, and music
- You may filter results and then delete duplicates photos and other files
- Lets you restore mistakenly deleted files
- Fast and simple to use
- Supports multiple languages
- No support for older macOS such as Mountain Lion
- Free trial is available only for 3 days
Also Read: Best Uninstaller for Mac to Completely Remove Unwanted Apps
Recognized as one of the best free memory cleaner apps, CCleaner is an excellent tool for cleaning memory. It boasts an incredible clutter-cleaning utility to declutter your Mac’s memory.
Additionally, features like browser optimization and duplicate removal make it one of the top cleaners for Mac to boost its performance. Below we acquaint you with all its noteworthy features.
Key features of CCleaner
- You may uninstall unwanted applications with its app uninstaller
- In-built disk analyzer
- Cookie and search history deletion for safe browsing
- Deletes temporary files and other junk to free up space
- Accurate analyzer module
- Easy to use
- A plethora of optimization options
- Expensive than similar software
5. Disk Doctor
Here is another software to keep your Mac’s health in check. Disk Doctor is among the best memory cleaners for Mac due to its excellent ability to optimize Mac’s storage space.
Moreover, the simple and easy-to-understand UI of this software adds to the reasons that induced us to include it in this listicle. Furthermore, the following features are also worth mentioning about this software.
Key features of Disk Doctor
- Scans mail downloads, language files, trash can, logs, applications, and caches
- Removes developer files and partial downloads as well
- Lets you delete old updates of Apple software
- Large file scanning tool to scan and remove files exceeding 100 MB
- Boasts an attractive retina display UI design
- Friendly interface
- Powerful cleaning tools to delete junk items
- Comes with a high-end uninstaller module
- Options to clear system storage
- Availability of software updates for older iOS
- No virus and malware removal features
- A free trial is not available
6. Parallels Toolbox
Finally, we have Parallels Toolbox on this list. It is a trial-free memory cleaner for Mac with a clean interface and one-click memory cleaning.
Parallels Toolbox offers various cleaning options you can use, such as software dragging/dropping and device scanning. Moreover, we found the following features of Parallels Toolbox highly useful.
Key features of Parallels Toolbox
- One-click system scanning and cleaning
- Simple and easily adaptable interface
- System performance optimization options like defragging, software dropping, and cleaning
- Deep scanning and removal of associate files
- Fast scanning and cleaning
- Boasts over 40 tools to boost performance
- You may choose files before removing them
- No support for older Mac versions
- Free trial is available only for 7 days
Also Read: Best Free Backup Software for Windows and Mac
Concluding the Best Memory Cleaner for Mac
Through this article, we brought to your attention the top paid and best free memory cleaners for Mac. You may use any program from the above list (depending on your requirements) to clean memory and boost your Mac’s performance.
If you have any suggestions/questions about this write-up, you may drop them in the comments below.