Disk cloning forms an integral part of this digital era, not only for professionals but also for home users. Our hard drive is filled with both essential and not so valuable data which we cannot afford to lose.
Creating a system backup is always advisable to avoid data loss, and this is where disk cloning software comes in picture.
This software helps you transfer data from one system to another and at the same time, ensures data privacy through encryption.
The post ahead will talk about the best disk cloning software available suitable for Windows 7,8,10 and earlier versions.
Top 8 disk cloning software for windows
Disk cloning software offers an easy way to transfer your operating system data from a hard drive to an SSD. These tools help in creating system backups and enable smooth data recovery with their advanced features.
The best part is, you need not be an IT professional to use these tools.
1. Paragon Drive Copy
This is one of the best disaster management and data recovery software available for Windows today. It uses a disk imaging system to clone your PC on a virtual machine. It’s an all in one tool for people who want to store data, manage partitioning, migrate data, and create system backups.
- It can clone your system virtually.
- It can restore your data on an HDD effortlessly.
- Takes system backup and transfer it to another pc in a systematic manner.
- Migrate data irrespective of the location.
2. Macrium Reflect
Another most talked-about option for disk cloning options is Macrium Reflect which is available in two versions.
First is the Home Edition for a single PC, while the other is Home Edition which supports 4 PC license.
Although it caters to only home PC, it can create a compact backup of your PC in a single compressed file.
- It supports GPT and MBR disk.
- It creates an exact image and partitions of your HDD, and lost files can be quickly recovered based on the image.
- Just a few clicks and you can recover your entire disk space with Macrium.
- Its Rapid Delta Cloning features offers faster and reliable system cloning.
- It also ensures data safety against ransomware.
3. R Drive Image
Another robust cloning software in the list is R-Drive, which is well known for its data protection features. As a utility software, it offers to copy data, make backups and duplicate files.
It works on the byte-to-byte pattern of data backup and transfer, some of the prominent features are
- It enables backup creations at various locations, including Jazz disk, CD-R, DVD, etc.
- Within seconds it can restore the backup at the desired location.
- While restoring data, R-Drive image is converted into a pseudo-graphic mode.
- No matter, if your system has suffered virus attacks, hardware failure, OS crash, it can restore your data within seconds.
This user-friendly software can easily copy, create a backup, and restore partitions of your entire system and transfer it to another PC.
4. NovaBackup PC
This power-packed cloning software comes with a user-friendly interface and has the best backup protection features to offer.
- With its extensive backup features, you can create both image-based and file-level backups. Specific files and folders can be copied with an image-based technique while you can take a complete hard drive backup with the file level option.
- It provides military-grade data protection with 256-bit AES encryption.
- It can easily manage cloud and local drive backups.
It takes your PC backup by sending emails to your account, which helps in effective disaster management.
5. Hard Disk Manager 16
This disk imaging tool offers an array of backup services which can be used by both Pro and novice.
- You can use both virtual and physical devices for system backup.
- This free cloning software works on a protected mode, which means you can preview the changes and confirm their application. It also has a one-step undo option.
- Keeps your system organized with basic partitioning.
- Even if your system is affected by malware, you can quickly restore your data with all applications working.
Another power-packed disk cloning software for Windows is CloneZilla. It takes care of cloning, backup creation, data recovery, and system deployment.
Comes in two versions including Clonezilla Live which supports a single PC and Clonezilla SE which is a service edition and supports 40 PC.
- It provides image file on various platforms including ssh server, NFS server, local disk, samba server, and many more.
- It supports various partition versions including GPT and MBR and can be booted on UEFI and BIOS and machines.
- It can restore PC backup at various locations and uses a data encryption algorithm for data protection.
7. MiniTool Partition Wizard
This disk imaging software comes for free, which optimizes hard drive disk space and protects your data.
- It offers various partition options, including Move/ Resize/ Extend Partition to solve space issues and ensures optimal organization.
- It can merge adjoining partitions for space creation.
- Takes OS backup and easily migrates it to a new SSD/HDD.
8. Active@Disk Image
Copy data and make a replica copy of all types of disks with Active@Disk Image.
- It creates disk backup of USB, CD, DVD, HDD, and SSD drives and saves it in a folder.
- It uses the backup image to restore important files and data in cases of a PC crash.
- Keep your data secure with advanced encryption algorithms, including AES- 128, AES-256 and AES- 192.
It’s available in various versions including free, Pro and a Standard version.
So, these are some of the best disk cloning options available in the market today. You can choose one suiting your requirements, create a backup, and restore data as per your convenience.
It also helps in creating mount images and boot media to access backup data.
Choose one today to reduce data loss and enjoy hassle-free working.