The best driver updater tool is what you need if you want to keep your Windows computer as well as the attached hardware devices running smoothly. Here’s a comprehensive review of the best driver updater software for Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2021.
Keeping drivers updated is essential for the proper functioning of hardware devices. Without proper drivers, the hardware devices and peripherals you connect to your computer—for example, a printer or keyboard—won’t work properly.
Since it is tough to manually search for the correct drivers yourself, there’s a definite need of getting the best free driver updater software. To help you make the right decision, we have put together an inclusive list of some of the best free driver update software for Windows 10 and older versions of the OS.
Our 3 Top Choices
|Bit Driver Updater
|Quick Driver Updater
Best Driver Update Software for Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2021 (Free & Paid)
Here’s a well-researched list of the best & completely free driver updater software of 2021 to help you update your drivers without any manual intervention.
Bit Driver Updater is at the top of the chart when it comes to improving the performance, hardware functioning, and stability of your computer.
Once installed, the application performs a complete system scan to detect defective drivers and then downloads and installs the latest ones to enhance the working of your system. Apart from optimizing system drivers, it also takes a backup of all the existing device drivers for easy restoration.
This multi-function utility brings together the most powerful features that are incomparable to other available free driver update tools in 2021.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater
Installation Path: “C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater\bitdu.exe”
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Bit Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Bit Guardian GmbH
Below are the few remarkable features that make this driver update utility a clear winner for the top spot.
- Most Compatible Utility: It fully supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
- Fast & Accurate Scanning: Its automatic PC scanning process efficiently identifies out-of-date or defective drivers.
- One-Click Driver Update: After scanning, it installs the latest, genuine drivers in one-click.
- Up-to-date, Extensive Driver Database: It contains thousands of official driver updates to fix any kind of hardware compatibility problems.
- Complete Driver Backups: It takes a complete backup of all existing Windows drivers to help you restore unwanted changes.
- Optimized Windows Performance: It takes care of all driver-related issues and gives you the supercharged PC performance, always.
- Smart System Optimizer: It improves the stability and hardware-functioning of your PC to help you keep it in the best possible state.
How to Use Bit Driver Updater?
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to update drivers using Bit Driver Updater.
- Download and install the tool on your laptop or desktop computer.
- After successful installation, launch the tool and press the ‘Scan Drivers’ option to detect all the problematic drivers.
- Analyze the driver scan results and click on the ‘Update Now’ button next to the drivers you wish to update.
- If you want to update all of the faulty drivers at once, you can select the ‘Overview’ option from the left-side pane, and then choose the ‘Update All’ button.
- Easy-to-use application with a simple interface
- One-click driver update functionality
- Supercharged Windows performance
- Installs only genuine drivers to resolve hardware compatibility problems
- Complete driver backup and restore options
- 24*7 Customer Support
- Not compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
Pro Tip: Schedule automatic driver scans to run on a recurring basis (daily, weekly, monthly) to maintain your hardware devices in good working condition.
After taking a close look at the pros and cons list, we can say that this is an all-in-one free driver updater available in the current marketplace. Unlike most driver update utilities, it not only helps check for driver updates but also allows users to install them on their PC without asking a single penny in return.
Quick Driver Updater is a new entry in the list of best driver updater 2021 on the basis of the recent performance test that highlights its capability to find and update outdated, missing and corrupt drivers on a Windows machine. Anyone who wants to update outdated drivers without going through any kind of complicated procedure should install Quick Driver Updater right away. This program comes loaded with many powerful driver management features, making it the best utility for updating all outdated and corrupt drivers and fixing PC issues related to them.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater\qdu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Quick Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: DIGITAL PROTECTION SERVICES S.R.L.
- Downloads & installs genuine manufacturer-provided drivers in just one-click.
- Saves your time that you might have wasted searching for driver download links online.
- Provides an instant performance boost for heavy tasks, i.e., gaming and video editing.
- Helps fix all compatibility and hardware-related problems in a jiffy.
How to Use Quick Driver Updater?
Downloading and installing the latest driver software using Quick Driver Updater is easy as pie. All you are need to do is just follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the Quick Driver Updater setup to install the application on your system.
- After installing, run a full system driver scan.
- Once the scanning is completed, select the drivers that you want to update.
- The automatic installer will then download and install the most updated version of selected drivers.
- Fast, elegant and clutter-free interface
- Updates all faulty drivers at once in just one-click
- No need to shell out a single penny to update worn-out drivers
- Takes your computer’s performance a notch up
- Round the clock technical support for free
- You need to upgrade to its premium version if you want to use highly advanced features
Pro Tip: Make sure to back up every driver installed on your computer so you always have the option to roll back to the previous driver version if you don’t like the updated one.
The downside of this driver updating software does not carry a lot of weight as most of the users have the latest Windows version installed on their PCs. Moreover, it encompasses a multitude of powerful features and pros that make it one of the best software to update drivers.
Is your computer suffering from slow Wi-Fi connection problems? Tired of the poor sound quality or excess heating problems while playing your favorite game? Driver Booster is the one-stop solution for all your concerns; from faster scanning speed and large driver database to advanced driver update technology, it has everything you need to fix common Windows errors effortlessly.
Similar to other best driver updaters, Driver Booster offers a wide range of useful tools to help you auto-download and update drivers in real-time.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0
Installation Path: “C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0\DriverBooster.exe”
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0\unins000.exe
Signed By: IObit Information Technology
- Accelerated scanning speed to help you get the correct drivers within a few seconds.
- Offers more than 3,000,000+ drivers to make sure your system drivers are always up-to-date.
- Identifies and updates outdated device drivers in real-time.
- Fixes common driver-related errors like BSOD (blue screen of death), crashes, stuttering problems, etc.
- Lightweight driver updater that helps improve the overall PC performance.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
How to Use Driver Booster?
Here are the essential steps that one needs to follow to use Driver Booster for updating PC drivers.
- At first, you have to install the application on your system
- After that, start scanning your PC for faulty drivers by clicking on the Scan button.
- Now, wait for a while (at least 2 minutes), until the driver scan finishes.
- Next, click on the Update button to auto-install the latest driver package.
- Large device driver database
- Accelerated scanning & driver download speed
- Fixes common PC problems
- Terminates background processes for an uninterrupted gaming experience
- Free edition doesn’t detects all outdated drivers
- Often recommends other products from IObit which sometimes gets really annoying and ruins the experience.
Pro Tip: Always restart your laptop or desktop computer after updating your outdated or mismatched drivers with IObit Driver Booster.
If shelling out a few bucks is not a huge problem for you, then Driver Booster is, without a doubt, one of the best driver updaters for Windows 32/64 bit that you can use in 2021.
4. Ashampoo Driver Updater: A Smart Utility to Update Outdated Drivers
Tired of frequent system crashes, BSOD errors (blue screen of death),or unexpected shutdowns? Looking for an easy way to update drivers on Windows 10 PC? If yes, Ashampoo Driver Updater is what you need. It is a well-designed driver update program that provides your PC the much-needed boost by fixing driver-related issues.
It offers more than 400,000+ official drivers to help you fix hardware problems causing trouble to the functioning of your computer.
It is another best driver updater software for both professional & novice users seeking to scan and update device drivers effortlessly.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater\ashpdu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG
- Quick and easy-to-use & setup.
- One-click driver updates to fix hardware problems and improve system performance.
- Easily fix & update your graphics drivers for enhanced gaming performance.
- Save your time and struggle to search for drivers manually on manufacturers’ websites. This powerful free driver software does it automatically for you.
- Supports all the latest Microsoft Windows versions.
How to Use Ashampoo Driver Updater?
One can try this amazing tool by following the simple instructions provided below.
- Install and launch Ashampoo Driver Updater on your PC.
- Next, select the Scan option available on the left side of the window to let this program find the latest available driver updates.
- After that, you can replace all of your old drivers with their latest versions by clicking on the ‘Update all’ button.
- Easy-to-use & setup
- Supports over 150,000 devices
- Maximizes system performance
- Creates backup of all available drivers
- Multilingual support
- Need to pay extra money to get their premium support
- Free trial version is not much efficient
- Does not support Windows 8.1, Vista, & XP
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for available driver updates at regular intervals to reduce the risk of buggy driver problems, system crashes, and freezes.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use program to check for driver updates, then you may consider using this utility. However, if you want to get round the clock customer support, then you need to purchase its pro version.
5. ITL Driver Updater: Free Driver Updates Available
ITL Driver Updater with its beautifully designed user-interface and colossal features ranks among the best driver updater software for Windows 10. This driver updater tool automatically scans and updates your outdated or broken drivers to help fix errors and potential device conflicts that are leading to computer freezing and crashing problems.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater\itldu.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\ITL Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: INNOVANA THINKLABS LIMITED
From automatic scans and one-click updates to keeping backups, ITL Driver Updater is perfectly designed and programmed. Let’s have a quick glance at some of its powerful features:
- Auto-Scanning: It automatically scans your whole system for outdated, missing or broken drivers.
- One-Click Update: Update all your old and broken drivers to the latest compatible ones with a single click.
- Backup & Restore: Backup all your existing drivers so you can always restore the older version if you don’t like the updated ones.
- 200% Larger Driver Database: Checks and updates more than 160,000+ official device drivers from over hundreds of major brands.
- Faster Download Speed: ITL Driver Updater speeds up downloads by 300%, so you get the latest driver updates within a few seconds.
- Top-Notch PC Performance: Enjoy enhanced system performance and stability with the latest hardware drivers on your system.
- Exclusion List: Driver Exclusion list to help you leave out specific device drivers from being scanned or updated.
- Highly-Compatible: It supports all the recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
How to Use ITL Driver Updater?
Below are the simple steps to use ITL Driver Updater.
- Launch the ITL Driver Updater tool after successfully installing it on your PC.
- Start scanning your system for missing and defective drivers.
- Wait until the tool finishes the driver scanning process.
- Once completed, review the generated list of old or broken Windows drivers. After that, select the driver you wish to repair and click on the ‘Update Now’ option.
- Downloads WHQL certified official drivers within a few seconds
- One-click driver updates
- Driver backup & restore options
- Fast and easy-to-use interface
- Supports more than 11 languages
- 200% larger driver database
- 24*7 technical support
- Doesn’t support older Windows editions like XP and Vista
Pro Tip: Accelerate the driver updating speed to replace your old or defective drivers with the new ones within a few seconds.
This renowned driver updater downloads all the hardware-related updates from authentic sources, making it one of the best programs to update drivers. It is by far one of the most suitable driver update tools of 2021 that you may use if you don’t want to spend a fortune on updating missing drivers.
6. Driver Magic: Best PC Driver Updater with Optimization Features
Driver Magic driver updater and optimizer with its very high rating and consistent performance has gained huge popularity across a wide spectrum of Windows users. It is undoubtedly one of the best Windows driver updater programs; from official free driver updates and complete web protection to extremely user-friendly interface, this driver update tool has everything that you don’t want to miss on.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Driver Magic
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Driver Magic\drvmgc.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Driver Magic\unins000.exe
Signed By: DRIVER MAGIC
Driver Magic is packed with many powerful PC optimization tools that help you boost PC performance by removing all the underlying driver and registry issues. Let’s have a quick look at its rich features:
- Smart Driver Updater: Scan & update all your outdated or corrupt drivers through its remarkable 200000+ driver database to fix hardware problems and enhance overall PC performance.
- Official Drivers: Get all the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers through a single platform.
- Invalid Registry Scan: Improve the response time of your system by cleaning and fixing all the invalid or corrupted registry entries present on your system.
- Web Protection: Block the suspicious websites on all major browsers for a much improved and safer web surfing experience.
- Start-up Manager: Speed up your Windows boot time and fix the slow system start-up problems by clearing out all the junk items present on your Start-up menu.
How to Use Driver Magic?
Driver magic is often recognized as the best tool to update drivers effortlessly. Here are the steps to do it properly.
- The first step is to let this utility scan your PC to detect missing or outdated drivers.
- Now wait for some time and let the automatic driver scan complete. It will then present you with a detailed list of drivers that require instant updation.
- After that, you can either choose to update them one by one manually or select ‘Update and Fix All Items’ option to automatically update all of them at the same time.
- Extensive database of more than 200,000 drivers
- Supports WHQL certified drivers from hundreds of top brands
- Fast, automatic, & accurate scanning process
- Installs latest manufacturer-recommended drivers faster than ever
- PC optimization features like Invalid Registry Scanner, Web Protection, & Start-up Manager
- Easy to get assistance with its 24/7 customer support
- Doesn’t support Windows XP and Vista editions.
Pro Tip: Permit the Driver Magic program to clean up the invalid registry entries and junk items to increase the overall performance as well as the speed of the system.
This best driver update software available for free can swiftly deal with any outdated and incompatible driver issues. Also, there’s a decent amount of PC optimization features available in this tool which makes it a must-have software to update drivers.
7. Driver Easy: A Beautifully-Designed Driver Update Checker Software
Don’t know how to update drivers for Windows 10? But, want to keep your computer’s hardware functioning at its best? To make it possible, all you need to do is get the best free driver updater for Windows 10 PC. And Driver Easy is indeed a good choice.
With the help of Driver Easy, you can fix all your potential hardware conflicts and update faulty drivers in just a few taps of your fingers. Driver Easy brings all the latest features and functionalities to solve common driver-related issues, making it one of the best driver update tools for Windows 10.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy\DriverEasy.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Easeware\DriverEasy\unins000.exe
Signed By: Easeware Technology Limited
- Smooth and efficient multi-layered drivers program.
- One-click fix feature to ensure your system runs at its peak performance.
- Auto backup & restore features help you roll back to the older version of drivers.
- More than 8 million fully-tested, certified drivers.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
How to Use Driver Easy?
Here are the simple steps to update your drivers using the impeccable Driver Easy software.
- Download the Driver Easy setup file and double-click on it to launch the installation wizard.
- Follow the simple on-screen instructions to install the program on your PC.
- Post successful installation, launch it on your laptop or desktop.
- Click on the ‘Scan Now’ button.
- After that, choose any driver from the list of scanned results that you want to update, and then press the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- Smooth and efficient driver software
- Offline scan feature
- Auto-backup & restore options
- Updates out-of-date & mismatched drivers in just 1 click
- Slightly expensive product
- Free trial version offers only basic functionalities
Pro Tip: Fed up with slow internet? Use the Offline Scan feature to install the latest network driver on your system.
If we ignore the few limitations of this software, then the features such as offline driver scans and one-click fix make it one of the best driver updater software for Microsoft Windows.
8. Auslogics Driver Updater
This tool from Auslogics occupies a prominent position in the list of the best free driver update software available in the market today. It brings all the powerful tools and latest features in one place to help you fix problems with your speakers, cameras, printer, and other external devices.
If you’re looking for the best Windows 10 driver updater tools, then Auslogics’ tool can be the best solution for your machine.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater\DriverUpdater.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Driver Updater\unins000.exe
Signed By: Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd
- Installs advanced and latest drivers for your hardware and software devices.
- Prevents driver errors and compatibility issues.
- Improves system stability & performance for a better user experience.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7.
9. Driver Genius: An Excellent Program with Vast Driver Database
Developed by Driver-Soft, Driver Genius currently ranks among the best driver update software in the world right now.
Driver Genius’s interface is very easy to navigate and packed with numerous powerful features for better performance and stability of your system. Updating outdated drivers has never been this easy; simply scan your PC for missing and defective drivers and choose the best, certified driver versions in a matter of seconds.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\DriverGenius.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\DriverGenius\unins000.exe
Signed By: Driver Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Over 1 million drivers to ensure your system drivers are always up to date.
- One-click driver updates for smooth hardware functioning.
- Cleaning and PC optimization feature to improve the overall performance of your system.
- Backup and restore device drivers for safety.
- Supports all Windows 7/8/10 (32bit & 64bit).
How to Use Driver Genius?
Here are a few hassle-free steps you can follow to update drivers using Driver Genius.
- Launch the Driver Genius application post successful installation.
- Click on the ‘Start Scan’ button to let the application check for any available driver updates.
- Press the ‘Update’ button to update a specific driver individually. You also have the option to click the ‘Update ALL’ button to update all drivers together.
- Supports 160,000+ device drivers
- System booster & clean-up options
- Ensures smooth hardware functioning
- Hardware temperature monitoring
- Supports all popular Windows editions
- Occasionally shows false driver updates
- You have to spend few extra bucks if you want to receive the latest upgrades of their product
- Driver download server takes time to download driver updates.
Pro Tip: Use the Drivers Cleanup feature to find and remove leftover driver remnants to free up a significant amount of RAM and keep your system running smoothly.
The shortcomings of this driver update checker may dampen the spirits of some users. But, the presence of efficient cleaning modules and auto-backup options make Driver Genius a great addition to the list of best driver updater for Windows 32/64 bit.
10. AVG Driver Updater: Top Driver Updating Utility For Windows
When it comes to fixing outdated drivers instantly, AVG driver updater software is a pretty solid option for both professional and novice users alike. However, this is not a completely free driver updater.
It comes with both free and pro versions. The free trial version auto-scans your computer and attached devices for missing, outdated or broken drivers. While the paid version lets you update them instantly to avoid any performance or hardware-related problems.
Installation Folder: C:\Program Files\AVG\Driver Updater
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\AVG\Driver Updater\DriverUpdUI.exe
Signed By: AVG Technologies USA, LLC
- Automatic scanning feature to identify faulty drivers.
- Updates all missing, outdated or corrupt drivers in just a single click.
- Boosts streaming, downloading and browsing speed.
- Over 127,000 official drivers from hundreds of top brands.
- Backs up your device drivers to help you restore older versions.
- Highly compatible with all the recent Windows versions.
How to Use AVG Driver Updater?
You can follow the below steps to repair your drivers using AVG Driver Updater.
- Select the ‘Scan’ option. It will then check the driver database to find the updated versions of all the drivers that are out-of-date on your computer.
- Wait for some time. Let the driver scanning process finish.
- From the list of out-of-date drivers, select the ones that you wish to update and click the ‘Update Selected Drivers’ button.
- Reduces hardware issues like crashing & freezing
- Up-to-date online device driver database
- Backs up your drivers to restore unwanted changes
- Auto-scans your computer for missing or out-of-date drivers
- A bit expensive product compared to other similar driver updaters
- No additional PC optimization features
- Paid version offers license key for only one PC
Pro Tip: Before scheduling a driver scan, make sure the check box located next to the ‘Automatically check for driver updates’ option is ticked.
After considering all the features and pros, we can say that this best driver finder software is worth giving a try if multiple device user licenses are not among your primary requirements.
Comparative Analysis of the Best Free Driver Updater Software 2021
|Features||Bit Driver Updater||Quick Driver Updater||Driver Booster||Ashampoo Driver Updater||ITL Driver Updater||Driver Magic||Driver Easy||Auslogics Driver Updater||Driver Genius||Avg Driver Updater|
|Installation Time||53 Sec||40 Sec||76 Sec||40 Sec||60 Sec||80 Sec||25 Sec||25 Sec||60 Sec||99 Sec|
|Drivers Found on Fresh Windows||6||6||3||5||6||6||2||3||2||1|
|Scanning Time||49 Sec||53 Sec||32 Sec||37 Sec||48 Sec||55 Sec||9 Sec||59 Sec||9 Sec||15 Sec|
|OS compatibility||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP||Windows 10, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8 & 7|
|Installer Size||7.36 MB||5.54 MB||23.8 MB||10.3 MB||7.53 MB||11.9 MB||4.95 MB||12.1 MB||23.3 MB||1.34 MB|
|User Interface- Scale of 10||9||9||8.5||8||9||8.5||8.5||7||7||8|
Few More Impressive Driver Updater Software
DRIVERfighter is a simple tool but still has managed to make its way into the list of best driver updater software for Windows. It flawlessly scans and detects faulty hardware drivers using its fast and accurate driver detection technology.
This drivers program is available in both free and paid versions. The free version only allows users to recover free space and detect out-of-date drivers. So, if you want to update them, you need to purchase its pro edition.
- Fast and accurate driver detections.
- One-click features to help you effectively update the drivers.
- Improves your PC’s health and performance by fixing the driver-related problems.
- Contains a large database of 85,000 device drivers from thousands of hardware manufacturers.
12. Device Doctor: A Lightweight Yet Power-Packed Driver Finder Tool
This completely free driver updater software automatically checks your computer to identify which device drivers are not working and causing trouble to the proper functioning of your machine. The thing that makes Device Doctor one of the top software to update drivers is the ability to find correct drivers for devices listed under the “unidentified devices” branch in the Device Manager.
- Simple, fast & easy-to-use tool.
- Choose the latest drivers from its vast database of more than 13 million official drivers.
- Automatic driver installation.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit or 32-bit), 8, 8.1, and 10.
How to Use Device Doctor?
Here’s how to use Device Doctor to keep your Windows drivers up-to-date.
- Launch the Device Doctor application on your computer and click on the ‘Start Scan’ button.
- After the scanning process is finished, you will see a list of outdated and missing drivers found on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Fix Now’ button available at the bottom right corner of your screen to install the updated driver software.
- Up-to-date device driver database
- Relatively lightweight application
- User-friendly interface
- Supports all Windows OS (both 64-bit or 32-bit)
- Sometimes fails to detect important driver updates
- Provides recommendations for already installed drivers
- Takes longer than usual to download drivers
Pro Tip: Device Doctor may often show recommendations for PC drivers you’ve already updated. Thus, to avoid repeat driver downloads and installations, make a list of the device drivers that you’ve already installed on your system.
Device Doctor finds and downloads original driver updates without too much hassle. However, if faster driver download speed is among your topmost priorities, then we would recommend you to check out other best automatic driver updaters mentioned in this list.
13. Avast Driver Updater
Avast driver updater is the best solution for keeping all your hardware devices in optimal condition. If you choose to install this software, then it will ensure that your Windows 10 PC encounters fewer crashes and driver-related issues.
This is definitely one of the best driver updater for Windows 10, enabled with real-time automatic scan provision to detect outdated or missing drivers and also checks for the latest available driver updates just in the blink of an eye. However, you will need to purchase its pro edition to update out-of-date drivers found in the scanning process.
- It offers compatibility across a huge number of brands.
- Creates backup of all individual device drivers for easy restoration.
- It is capable of fixing all the device drivers with the scaled installation process.
- Boosts your PC’s performance and maintains graphics and audio drivers updated to enhance the gaming experience.
14. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is another best driver update software that comes with a plethora of powerful features to help you fix all driver-related issues within a few minutes. Additionally, it comes with an in-built driver database which helps users install the best-matched, official system drivers without the need of any internet connection.
This driver software has a fairly intuitive, clutter-free interface which is available in more than 15 languages including German, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, and French.
- Safest driver updater for detecting and fixing outdated drivers.
- Quickly scans out-of-date or incompatible drivers.
- Automatic online driver updates
- It offers a one-click fix to all common PC issues.
- Pre-download or save device drivers for another computer.
- 100% compatible with all available Windows OS.
15. DriverPack Solution
Similar to other free drivers update software, DriverPack holds strong capabilities to find and repair common driver problems in the shortest possible time frame. This advanced driver updater claims to offer the largest driver database and helped over 40 million unique users worldwide with its accurate detection and latest driver installations.
It allows users to easily download and install drivers for every kind of hardware device, including Bluetooth, Network card, Wi-Fi device, TV-tuner, Modem, Printer, and more.
- The tool makes scanning for updating drivers effortless.
- It offers a vast database of unique system drivers.
- Installs drivers from all popular manufacturers and brands.
- Compatible with all popular Windows operating systems.
16. Wise Driver Care
It is another driver updater utility that aims to reduce frequent system crashes, sluggish performance, and other driver-related problems by installing correct and compatible driver versions.
Being one of the top driver updaters in the market, Wise Driver Care offers a wide range of features like scheduled scans, automatic driver installation, and driver backups to ensure the proper functioning of all hardware and external devices that are connected to your system.
- Reduces system crashes and driver-related errors.
- Automatic scanning and full driver backup & recovery options.
- Latest driver updates for over 600,000 devices.
- Compatible with Windows Vista/7/8/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
DriverMax is one of the most powerful driver update programs that helps you unlock your system’s full potential by updating all the outdated or corrupt drivers.
However, it is to be noted that it’s not a completely free driver updater as it comes with both free and paid versions. While the free version scans and generates the list of all missing and out-of-date drivers, the pro version automatically updates them to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions without the need for manual interruption.
- Supports more than 2,300,000 devices to keep all your drivers up to date
- Automatically downloads and installs recommended drivers and updates.
- Backs up and restores your device drivers for safety.
- Schedule scans to help you run automatic scans at a time that is convenient for you.
- Official drivers for all your hardware and attached devices.
- Fully compatible with all the latest Windows versions.
DriverAgent is another best free driver update software that keeps a track of all installed drivers and lets you identify and update the ones which are missing from your system.
Once you install the application, it starts analyzing your computer and generates a detailed report of all out-of-date and missing drivers which need immediate action. However, you will need to purchase a license key if you want to update them to the most recent versions.
- Fast and user-friendly driver management utility.
- Extremely lightweight application.
- Displays the list of all out-of-date drivers.
- Backup & Restore options.
- Supports all Windows editions.
19. Driver Magician
Are you looking to update the drivers of Windows 10? Well, your quest ends here! Driver Magician is one of the best Windows 10 driver updater tools in 2021.
Driver Magician is a bit different compared to other standard driver updater tools. Unlike other best driver updates, this tool allows users to clone all available device drivers to an auto-setup package (.exe) – so you can restore them even without installing its application.
Also, its built-in live hardware identifier database can help you detect all unknown devices on your computer.
- Most compatible driver utility with a simple and elegant interface
- Improves overall PC performance and stability.
- Backs up all device drivers and lets you restore them in a single click.
- Identifies unknown devices in your system.
- It comes with a driver uninstall option.
If you are trying to find out the best driver updater tool for your PC, then you can definitely install the Driver Finder software as it will efficiently find the most precise drivers to keep your computer updated.
The driver database of this tool is massive as it is sourced from various device manufacturers from all corners of the world continuously.
Being one of the best driver software solutions in the market, it offers support for various types of devices, including printer, camera, graphic card, keyboard, USB, etc.
It might come last in the list of best driver updater, but it is definitely worth a try for updating the device drivers automatically.
- It can quickly locate and install drivers on your system.
- The application is self-updating to ensure that customers can avail its latest features instantaneously.
- You can backup specific drivers with this tool and restore them when needed.
- They offer round-the-clock customer support services.
Frequently Asked Questions about Driver Updater Software
Q1. What is a driver updater Software?
Driver updater Software is an easy-to-use program that allows you to identify outdated or corrupted drivers present in your computer and then updates them to the latest driver versions without any kind of human intervention.
Q2. How does a driver updater tool work?
Device driver updater tool basically works by scanning through your computer, identifying your hardware, and providing you with a detailed report on missing or outdated drivers it detects. Most of these tools match the date/version of drivers and check their manufacturer driver database to see if there are new driver updates available for your hardware devices.
After that, they let you quickly replace your old or bad drivers with certified and latest manufacturer-recommended driver versions through their automatic driver installer feature.
Q3. Why do you need a driver update software?
Downloading and installing the appropriate and updated Windows drivers manually can be a very hectic and annoying experience for most users. Moreover, there is a risk of installing the wrong or infected driver that can further lead to hardware failures and adversely affect your computer’s performance.
Hence, you need a driver updater software that not only helps you identify all the outdated or broken drivers on your computer but also updates them automatically to the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers to keep your hardware functioning at its best.
Q4. How to Choose the Best Driver Update Software?
While choosing a driver updater tool, it is extremely important that you pay close attention to the set of features that it claims to provide. Make sure you choose a certified and trusted product that offers powerful features like automatic scanning, an extensive driver database, genuine drivers, backup options, and more.
Before shortlisting the perfect one, it is also suggested to consider a few other factors as well such as ease-of-use, customer support, and user reviews.
Q5. What are the qualities of best driver updater software for Windows?
A good Windows driver updater program must have the following qualities:
- Extensive Driver Database: It contains a vast database of official drivers from top hardware manufacturer brands.
- User-friendly Interface: It comes with a clean and elegant interface that allows you to effortlessly navigate through and select your desired options.
- Fast & Accurate Driver Detection Technology: A powerful driver updater is capable of performing a thorough scan of the entire PC and providing you with a detailed list of all missing, outdated and defective drivers present on your system.
- One-Click Driver Update: It lets you update all faulty hardware drivers to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions in just one-click.
- Official Driver Updates: It installs only official, WHQL certifies drivers, thereby eliminating the risk of installing inappropriate and malware-infected drivers
- Backup & Restore: It takes a complete backup of existing Windows drivers to ensure users can roll back to the previous driver version whenever they want.
- Time Saver: The top driver updater saves you a lifetime of effort that you would have wasted into searching for drivers manually.
- Performance Booster: The best driver updater is the one that supercharges the performance of your computer and makes it perform like a new machine.
- High Compatibility: A dedicated driver updater tool must support all the latest versions of the Windows operating system.
Q6. What is the Best Free Driver Updater for Windows 10?
I would definitely go with Bit Driver Updater. Several users who have reported performance and driver-related problems claimed success by using Bit Driver Updater. The tool not only effortlessly finds all out-of-date or corrupt hardware drivers but allows users to update them to the latest, compatible ones for free in just a single click.
Q7. Is It Safe to Use a Driver Updater?
Yes, driver software is a safe option when it comes to optimizing your computer for peak performance and fixing driver-related problems. However, it is always recommended that you download and install such programs or apps only from their official website.
Q8. Do I need a different driver updater for Windows10 and other OS versions?
No, most drivers updater available in the present marketplace supports all versions of Windows operating systems.
Q9. How to Know If Drivers are Up to Date?
You can either use Device Manager to manually identify (as explained above) if your system drivers are up-to-date or can get an automatic driver update utility to detect and install the right ones automatically on your PC.
Q10. How to Check for Missing or Outdated Drivers?
Here’s how to identify if your system drivers are up-to-date:
- First, click on the Start button, search for Device Manager, and then select from the list of results.
- Inside the Device Manager utility, double-click on the hardware device you want to identify drivers for.
- The Device Properties Window will then appear, showing the information about your device under the “Device status” section.
- If the Device status area is showing “This device is working properly,” it means that your device drivers are up-to-date. If not, look for any driver error messages or error codes flashing up on that screen to seek help.
If you’re still having trouble identifying outdated or missing drivers, you can always go for an automatic driver update utility.
Q11. Why Is It Important to Update Drivers?
Hardware manufacturers often release software updates to fix bugs and patch security risks which they have discovered. Moreover, the latest hardware manufacturer updates contain new improved features and functionalities for hardware components. Using outdated drivers, you may start getting driver errors or computer may become unstable, less efficient, and even lead to hardware failures. For instance, a graphics card with an outdated driver may lead to stuttering issues when playing the latest 3D video games or you may face excess heating issues that can harm your hardware components. Keeping drivers updated helps prevent such device conflicts and ensures smooth hardware functioning!
Q12. Does updating drivers increase performance?
Q13. How often should you update drivers?
As soon as a new software update or security patch is available you should update your drivers to avoid any kind of compatibility issues with your hardware components.
The best way to update device drivers is to use an automatic driver update utility. Using such tools not only makes the driver updating process fast and effortless but also eliminates the risk of installing wrong or harmful software programs.
Q15. Does Windows 10 install drivers automatically?
Yes, Windows 10 automatically detects and installs new drivers for a wide range of hardware devices. However, it is important to note that every now and then you may need to install drivers manually for several reasons.
Q16. Can I download and update drivers manually?
Although, manually updating drivers in Windows 10 is a pesky affair, but if you still want to try it out, here are the methods:
Using Microsoft Update Catalog
You can manually download and install the latest driver software for Windows 10 and other versions of the OS using the Microsoft Update Catalog website. Here’s how:
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog
- In the search bar, type the name of the device for which you want to update the drivers, and click the Search button.
- Now, you will get a list of matching updates. Locate the update corresponding with your version of Windows and then click the Download button.
- After the update gets downloaded, just double-click on it to install it on your system.
Update Drivers Using Device Manager
- Go to the search and open Device Manager
- Now right-click on the device name and select Update Driver option
- On the next screen, select Search automatically for updated driver software
- If a newer update is available, the wizard will install the package automatically, if it doesn’t find a new device driver, you can try and find the one on the official manufacturer’s website
Install Driver from Manufacturer’s Website
In case you don’t find any updates for your drivers via Device Manager, you can also download and install the latest Windows drivers manually from the manufacturer’s support website.
However, sometimes even if you visit their official manufacturer’s website the device drivers are difficult to find – you need to explore a long time but can’t get the compatible Windows drivers in the end.
But, if you still like to manually install a driver, here are the driver download links of some of the most popular hardware manufacturers:
- Intel Driver & Software Updates
- HP Driver and Software Downloads
- NVIDIA Driver Downloads
- Dell Drivers & Downloads
- Lenovo Driver Updates
Q17. Why device drivers should not be downloaded from third-party sites?
Tracking down the correct drivers for your specific flavor of Windows version and peripherals on third-party driver download websites is the most frustrating and time-consuming job. Also, there’s a huge risk of installing wrong, malicious, or unsigned drivers.
Q18. How to check whether a downloaded device driver is not a virus?
To verify whether the downloaded driver file contains any kind of virus and malicious content, you can go to the VirusTotal website, and upload it using the “Choose file” option.
VirusTotal website is a subsidiary of Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. which is designed to help users analyze suspicious URLs and files to check for viruses and other kinds of malicious content.
Q19. How to Verify a Driver’s Version?
Identifying the driver version is pretty simple, here’s how:
- Open Device Manager
- Double-click on the hardware device you want to identify the driver version for and then select ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the Driver tab and check your current driver version
Q20. What are the Common Driver Related Errors?
Let’s have a quick look at some of the common driver error messages:
- “USB Device not recognized”
- “There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”
- “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”
- “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” (BSOD Error)
- “Windows cannot connect to the printer”, “Printer driver is unavailable” or “The printer driver cannot connect to the network print server”
- “No audio output device is installed”
Q21. How Can I Resolve Driver Related Concerns?
The easiest solution is a dedicated driver update program that offers a wide array of optimization and driver-management tools to help you fix common PC issues like crashes, no audio and network-connectivity issues, printer problems, BSOD errors, poor game performance, and much more.
Q22. How to Roll Back a Device Driver to a Previous Version?
Here are the simple steps to restore the previous driver on Windows:
- Open Device Manager
- Navigate through the hardware categories and locate the device that you want to roll back.
- Then, right-click on it and select Properties option.
- Select the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver option to restore the older version.
Update Drivers in One-Click with Best Driver Updater Software (2021)
Through this article, we have shared a bunch of the best and completely free driver updater software for Windows 10, 8, 7 to help you update outdated drivers efficiently.
All of these aforementioned driver updating software helps download the latest driver versions within the snap of a finger and makes sure your PC stays running at peak performance. If you need recommendations, then we would suggest using Bit Driver Updater for a wide range of powerful driver-management tools. Get any of these Windows driver updaters now and update all out-of-date device drivers automatically with ease.
Do you think we missed to mention any highly-rated tool? If yes, please let us know your thoughts and picks on the subject in the comments section below.