Why do you need the best driver updater software for your Windows PC? A driver or device driver is an essential piece of software that each device or hardware component needs in order to perform specific functions. However, when drivers are corrupted, outdated, or missing, your computer may become unstable, or some of the devices like printer, keyboard, or other external devices may completely stop working.
Therefore, it is essential to keep all your system drivers up to date for the smooth functioning of a computer. However, if you don’t know how to update Windows drivers, don’t panic just yet. The easiest solution to fix & update device drivers is to get the best free driver update software for your Windows machine.
We at TechPout have tested and compared some of the most prominent driver update software on a fresh Windows machine to come up with the definitive solution for your system. The main focus of this comparative analysis is to identify which driver updater has the largest driver database that can detect the most numbers of outdated or corrupt drivers present on your system.
ITL Driver Updater
Ashampoo Driver Updater
Smart Driver Updater
AVG Driver Updater
|No. of Outdated Drivers Found||6||5||5||3||3||2||2||1||1|
Read more about these driver updater software and get to know the perfect one for you in the list below!
Our 3 Top Choices
|ITL Driver Updater
|Ashampoo Driver Updater
Here is the list of Top 15 Best Free Driver Updater Software For Windows:
To make your search a little bit easier, we’ve compiled a well-researched list of best free driver updater tools, so you get the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers and most up-to-date features every time. Let’s jump right in!
1. ITL Driver Updater (Free)
ITL Driver Updater with its beautifully designed user-interface and colossal features ranks among the best free driver updaters for Windows. The tool automatically scans and updates your outdated or broken drivers to help fix errors and potential device conflicts that are leading to computer freezing and crashing problems.
Why Install ITL Driver Updater?
From automatic scans and one-click updates to keeping backups, ITL Driver Updater is perfectly designed and programmed. Let’s have a quick glance at some of its powerful features:
- Auto-Scanning: It automatically scans your whole system for outdated, missing or broken drivers.
- One-Click Driver Updates: Update all your old and broken drivers to the latest compatible ones with a single click.
- Backup & Restore: Backup all your existing drivers so you can always restore the older version if you don’t like the updated ones.
- 200% Larger Driver Database: Checks and updates more than 160,000+ official device drivers from over hundreds of major brands.
- Faster Download Speed: ITL Driver Updater speeds up downloads by 300%, so you get the latest driver updates within a few seconds.
- Top-Notch PC Performance: Enjoy enhanced system performance and stability with the latest hardware drivers on your system.
- Exclusion List: Driver Exclusion list to help you leave out specific device drivers from being scanned or updated.
- Highly-Compatible: It supports all the recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
2. Driver Tonic
Driver Tonic with its very high rating and consistent performance has gained huge popularity across a wide spectrum of Windows users. It is undoubtedly one of the best driver updater software out there; from extremely user-friendly interface and official driver updates to complete web protection, this free driver updater tool has everything that you don’t want to miss on.
Why Choose Driver Tonic?
Driver Tonic is packed with many powerful PC optimization tools and the latest functionalities to help you install the latest drivers and boost PC performance. Let’s have a quick look at its rich features:
- Smart Driver Updater: Scan & update all your outdated or corrupt drivers through its remarkable 200000+ driver database to fix hardware problems and enhance overall PC performance.
- Official Drivers: Get all the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers through a single platform.
- Invalid Registry Scan: Improve the response time of your system by cleaning and fixing all the invalid or corrupted registry entries present on your system.
- Web Protection: Block the suspicious websites on all major browsers for much improved and safer web surfing experience.
- Start-up Manager: Speed up your Windows boot time and fix the slow system start-up problems by clearing out all the junk items present on your Start-up menu.
What’s more? It also helps users find & repair common PC issues like crashes, no audio or sound and shuttering problems, bugs, compatibility & connectivity issues, poor gaming performance, and much more. To download this excellent free driver updater, click the button below!
3. Ashampoo Driver Updater
Tired of frequent system crashes, BSOD errors (blue screen of death), or unexpected shutdowns? Don’t feel disheartened! Ashampoo Driver Updater handles it all. It is a well-designed driver update utility that provides your PC the much-needed boost by fixing and removing all the outdated or faulty drivers.
It offers more than 400,000+ official drivers to help you fix hardware problems causing trouble to the functioning of your computer.
It is an excellent driver update software for both professional & novice users seeking to scan and update device drivers effortlessly.
- Quick and easy-to-use & setup.
- One-click driver updates to fix hardware problems and improve system performance.
- Easily fix & update your graphics drivers for enhanced gaming performance.
- Save your time and struggle to search for drivers manually on manufacturers’ websites. This powerful free driver software does it automatically for you.
- Supports all the latest Microsoft Windows version.
4. Smart Driver Updater
Smart Driver Updater is another highly-effective maintenance & PC driver updater tool for Windows. Smart Driver Updater is a one-stop solution to unlock your system’s full potential by fixing and updating all the outdated or corrupt drivers causing problems to your computer.
This driver software comes with both free and paid versions. While the free version scans and generates the list of all corrupted or outdated drivers, the pro version automatically updates them to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions without the need for manual interruption.
- More than 1.2 million drivers to ensure your devices have up-to-date drivers, always.
- Automatically downloads and installs the latest driver updates.
- Backs up and restores your device drivers for safety.
- Schedule scans to help you run automatic scans at a time that is convenient for you.
- Official drivers for all your hardware and attached devices.
- Fully compatible with all the latest Windows versions.
5. Device Doctor
Device Doctor is a completely free driver updater that automatically checks your computer to identify which device drivers are not working and causing trouble to the proper functioning of your machine.
The best thing that makes Device Doctor one of the best driver updater is that it can also find the correct drivers for “unidentified devices” in the Device Manager.
- Simple, fast & easy-to-use tool.
- Choose the latest drivers from its vast database of more than 13 million official drivers.
- Automatic driver installation.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit or 32-bit), 8, 8.1, and 10.
6. Driver Easy
Are you looking for an easy way to keep your PC functioning at its best?
Driver Easy is one of the best driver update software that can help you update all the missing or outdated drivers and improve the stability of your computer.
With Driver Easy, you can fix all your potential hardware conflicts and update faulty drivers in just a few taps of your fingers. Driver Easy brings all the latest features and functionalities to fix common driver-related errors, making it the ‘most efficient Windows driver update tool’ of all time.
- Smooth and efficient multi-layered software.
- One-click fix feature to ensure your system runs at its peak performance.
- Auto backup & restore feature help you roll back to the older version of drivers.
- More than 8 million fully-tested, certified drivers.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
7. Driver Genius
Developed by Driver-Soft, Driver Genius currently ranks among the best free driver updater in the world right now.
Driver Genius’ interface is very easy to navigate and packed with numerous powerful features for better performance and stability of your system. Updating drivers has never been this easier; simply scan your PC for outdated drivers and choose the best, certified driver versions in a matter of seconds.
- Over 1 million drivers to ensure your system drivers are always up to date.
- One-click driver updates for smooth hardware functioning.
- Cleaning and PC optimization feature to improve the overall performance of your system.
- Backup and restore device drivers for safety.
- Supports all Windows 7/8/10 (32bit & 64bit).
8. Driver Booster
Is your computer suffering from slow Wi-Fi connection problems? Tired of the poor sound quality or excess heating problems while playing your favorite game? Driver Booster is the one-stop solution for all your concerns; from faster scanning speed and large driver database to advanced driver update technology, it has everything you need to fix common Windows errors effortlessly. Similar to other best driver updater software, Driver Booster offers a wide range of useful tools to help you download and install the latest driver updates in real-time.
- Simple & safe driver software to improve overall PC performance.
- Accelerated scanning speed to help you get the correct drivers within a few seconds.
- Offers more than 3,000,000+ drivers to make sure your system drivers are always up-to-date.
- Identifies and updated outdated device drivers in real-time.
- Fixes common driver-related errors like BSOD (blue screen of death) or system performance issues, crashes, stuttering problems, and more.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
9. Auslogics Driver Updater
Auslogics, Driver Updater software is the best solution for keeping all your hardware devices perform in an optimal condition. It brings all the powerful tools and latest features in one place to help you fix problems with your speakers, cameras, printer, and other external devices. If you’re looking for a powerful yet easy-to-use software, then Auslogics’ PC driver updater tool is the best solution for your Windows machine.
- Fast, Intuitive, and easy-to-use tool.
- Downloads and installs the latest official driver versions.
- Prevents driver errors and compatibility issues.
- Updates all the outdated drivers in one-click.
- Improves system stability & performance for better user experience.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7.
10. AVG Driver Updater
When it comes to searching and fixing outdated or broken drivers, AVG driver updater software is a pretty solid option for both professional and novice users alike. It comes with both free and pro versions. The free trial version auto-scans your computer and attached devices for missing, outdated or broken drivers. While the paid version lets you update them instantly to avoid any performance or hardware-related problems.
- Automatic scanning feature to identify faulty drivers.
- Updates all missing, outdated or corrupt drivers in just a single click.
- Fixes system crashing and freezing problems, sound and connectivity issues, and more.
- Boosts streaming, downloading and browsing speed.
- Over 127,000 official drivers from hundreds of top brands.
- Backs up your device drivers to help you restore older versions.
- Highly compatible with all the recent Windows versions.
11. Driver Reviver
Driver Reviver is an excellent user-friendly driver update software that is ideal for both personal and commercial purposes. It quickly identifies all out-of-date or infected drivers and makes sure that the correct ones are on your system.
Driver Reviver is packed with several robust functionalities like scheduler, auto backups, exclusions, restore wizard, and more to help you achieve your computer’s maximum performance.
- Fast, safe, and easy-to-use driver software with most intuitive interface.
- Maximizes the system’s performance by updating all faulty or out of date drivers.
- Saves your precious time by installing the correct driver versions.
- Creates automatic backup of all drivers.
- Supports more than 15 languages.
12. Avast Driver Updater
This tool from Avast occupies a prominent position in the list of the best driver update software available in the market today. If you choose to install this software, then it will ensure that your PC encounters fewer crashes and driver-related issues. This free driver updater is enabled with real-time automatic scan provision to detect outdated or missing drivers and also checks for the latest available driver updates just in the blink of an eye. It can check for more than 500,000 hardware drivers at once.
- It offers compatibility across a huge number of brands.
- Creates backup of all individuals device drivers for easy restoration.
- It is capable of preventing hardware problems with scaled installation process.
- Boosts your PCs performance and maintains graphic and audio drivers updated to enhance gaming experience.
13. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is another highly-effective free driver update software that comes with a plethora of powerful features to help you fix all driver-related issues within a few minutes. Additionally, it comes with an in-built driver database which helps users install the best-matched, official system drivers without the need of any internet connection.
This free driver software has a fairly intuitive, clutter-free interface which is available in more than 15 languages including German, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, and French.
- Safe and easy-to-use driver update utility for Windows.
- Quickly scans out-of-date or incompatible drivers.
- Downloads and installs the latest official device drivers.
- It offers one-click fix to all common PC issues.
- Pre-download or save device drivers for another computer.
- 100% compatible with all available Windows OS.
14. DriverPack Solution
Similar to other best free driver update software, DriverPack holds strong capabilities to find and repair common driver problems in the shortest possible time frame. This Windows driver download software claims to offer the largest driver database and helped over 40 million unique users worldwide with its accurate detection and latest driver installations.
With this free driver updater, you can easily download and install drivers for every kind of hardware devices including Bluetooth, Network card, Wi-Fi device, TV-tuner, Modem, Printer, and more in just a few moments.
- Fast and accurate scanning results.
- It offers a vast database of unique system drivers.
- Installs drivers from all popular manufacturer and brands.
- Compatible with all popular Windows operating systems.
It is another best free driver updater that aims to reduce frequent system crashes, bugs and connectivity issues by providing you with the latest driver updates. DriverMax uses an advanced self-learning technology to make sure that only the best and most compatible device drivers are installed.
Being one of the top driver software solutions in the market, DriverMax incorporates a wide range of powerful features like scheduled scans, automatic driver installation, device driver backups, and much more to ensure the proper functioning of all hardware and external devices that are connected to your system.
- Reduces system crashes and driver-related errors.
- Automatic scanning and full driver backup & recovery options.
- Latest driver updates for over 2,300,000 devices.
- Compatible with all Windows OS (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Bottom Line: Best Driver Update Software
That’s all folks! This concludes our guide that will give you a clear insight on how to shortlist the best free driver updater software for your Windows machine.
Among the glut of best driver updater, ITL Driver Updater is the most trustworthy program that outranks all other tools by its admirable combination of latest official driver updates, fast speed, and top-notch performance.
The best thing that makes ITL Driver Updater stand out from the crowd is that it’s completely free and contains the largest driver database among other similar tools in the category.
All of these aforementioned driver software offer a wide range of powerful features and useful PC optimization tools to improve the performance and the stability of your system.
So, now that you are aware of the benefits a driver updater brings, it’s time to start using it! Do you think we missed any highly-rated software? If yes, please let us know your thoughts and picks on the subject in the comments section below.