A driver or device driver is an essential piece of software that each device or hardware component needs in order to perform specific functions. Proper working of a device driver is very important for the smooth functioning of your windows computer and therefore the best driver updater software is required for automatic driver updates. We have compiled the complete list of best free driver updater software in 2020 to help you update your device drivers automatically.
There are myriads of free driver updater tools available in the market but not every one of them can update the device drivers efficiently. We have shortlisted 10 of the best driver update software to simplify your selection. Also, the list contains few other prominent driver update tools that performed exceptionally well.
What Are the Best Driver Updater Software for Windows in 2020?
To help you find out best driver update software, we did a performance analysis (Detection of Outdated Drivers, Database Quality, Efficiency to Update Drivers, Ease of Use, etc.) of these top driver updater tools and have ranked them accordingly so you can make the right decision. Our next segment focuses on the same.
Our 3 Top Choices
|Bit Driver Updater
|Quick Driver Updater
|ITL Driver Updater
Well-Researched List of Best Driver Update Software For Windows in 2020 (Free & Paid)
Choose the best free driver updater programs to automatically update the outdated device drivers on your windows PC with the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers.
1. Bit Driver Updater: Best Free Driver Updater Software 2020
Bit Driver Updater at the top of the chart is the best free driver updater software for windows 10 when it comes to improving the performance, hardware functioning, and stability of your computer.
Once installed, the application performs a complete system scan to detect defective drivers and then downloads and installs the latest ones to enhance the working of your system.
Apart from optimizing system drivers, it also takes a backup of all the existing device drivers for easy restoration.
This multi-function utility brings together the most powerful features that are incomparable to any other free driver updater software available in the market.
Below are the few remarkable features that makes this driver update utility a clear winner for the top spot.
- Most Compatible Utility: It fully supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7.
- Fast & Accurate Scanning: Its automatic PC scanning process efficiently identifies out-of-date or defective drivers.
- One-Click Driver Update: After scanning, it installs the latest, genuine drivers in one-click.
- Up-to-date, Extensive Driver Database: It contains thousands of official driver updates to fix any kind of hardware compatibility problems.
- Complete Driver Backups: It takes a complete backup of all existing Windows drivers to help you restore unwanted changes.
- Optimized Windows Performance: It takes care of all driver-related issues and gives you the supercharged PC performance, always.
- Smart System Optimizer: It improves the stability and hardware-functioning of your PC to help you keep it in the best possible state.
- Easy-to-use application with simple interface
- One-click driver update functionality
- Supercharged Windows performance
- Installs only genuine drivers to resolve hardware compatibility problems
- Complete driver backup and restore options
- 24*7 Customer Support
- Not compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
After taking a close look at pros and cons list, we can say that this is an all-in-one free driver updater software available in the current marketplace. Unlike most driver update utilities, it not only helps check for driver updates but also allows users to installs them on their PC without asking a single penny in return.
2. Quick Driver Updater: Highly Ranked Driver Updater Tool
Quick Driver Updater is a new entry in the list of best driver updater 2020 on the basis of the recent performance test that highlights it’s capability to find and update outdated, missing and corrupt drivers on a windows machine. Anyone who wants to update outdated drivers without going through any kind of complicated procedure should install Quick Driver Updater right away. This program comes loaded with many powerful driver management features, making it the best utility for updating all outdated and corrupt drivers and fixing PC issues related to them.
- Downloads & installs genuine manufacturer-provided drivers in just one-click.
- Saves your time that you might have wasted searching for driver download links online.
- Provides an instant performance boost for heavy tasks, i.e., gaming and video editing.
- Helps fix all compatibility and hardware-related problems in a jiffy.
- Fast, elegant and clutter-free interface
- Updates all faulty drivers at once in just one-click
- No need to shell out a single penny to update worn-out drivers
- Takes your computer’s performance a notch up
- Round the clock technical support for free
- You need to upgrade to its premium version if you want to use highly advanced features
The downside of this driver updating software does not carry a lot of weight as most of the users have the latest Windows version installed on their PCs. Moreover, it encompasses a multitude of powerful features and pros that make it one of the best software to update drivers.
3. ITL Driver Updater: Free Driver Updates Available
ITL Driver Updater with its beautifully designed user-interface and colossal features ranks among the best driver updater software for Windows 10. This driver updater tool automatically scans and updates your outdated or broken drivers to help fix errors and potential device conflicts that are leading to computer freezing and crashing problems.
From automatic scans and one-click updates to keeping backups, ITL Driver Updater is perfectly designed and programmed. Let’s have a quick glance at some of its powerful features:
- Auto-Scanning: It automatically scans your whole system for outdated, missing or broken drivers.
- One-Click Update: Update all your old and broken drivers to the latest compatible ones with a single click.
- Backup & Restore: Backup all your existing drivers so you can always restore the older version if you don’t like the updated ones.
- 200% Larger Driver Database: Checks and updates more than 160,000+ official device drivers from over hundreds of major brands.
- Faster Download Speed: ITL Driver Updater speeds up downloads by 300%, so you get the latest driver updates within a few seconds.
- Top-Notch PC Performance: Enjoy enhanced system performance and stability with the latest hardware drivers on your system.
- Exclusion List: Driver Exclusion list to help you leave out specific device drivers from being scanned or updated.
- Highly-Compatible: It supports all the recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Downloads WHQL certified official drivers within a few seconds
- One-click driver updates
- Driver backup & restore options
- Fast and easy-to-use interface
- Supports more than 11 languages
- 200% larger driver database
- 24*7 technical support
- Doesn’t support older Windows editions like XP and Vista
This renowned driver updater downloads all the hardware-related updates from the authentic sources, making it one of the best programs to update drivers. It is by far one of the most suitable driver update tools that you may use if you don’t want to spend a fortune for updating missing drivers.
4. Driver Booster: A Fantastic Driver Updater to Check for Driver Updates
Is your computer suffering from slow Wi-Fi connection problems? Tired of the poor sound quality or excess heating problems while playing your favorite game? Driver Booster is the one-stop solution for all your concerns; from faster scanning speed and large driver database to advanced driver update technology, it has everything you need to fix common Windows errors effortlessly.
Similar to other best driver updaters, Driver Booster offers a wide range of useful tools to help you auto-download and update drivers in real-time.
- Accelerated scanning speed to help you get the correct drivers within a few seconds.
- Offers more than 3,000,000+ drivers to make sure your system drivers are always up-to-date.
- Identifies and updates outdated device drivers in real-time.
- Fixes common driver-related errors like BSOD (blue screen of death), crashes, stuttering problems, etc.
- Lightweight driver updater that helps improve the overall PC performance.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Large device driver database
- Accelerated scanning & driver download speed
- Fixes common PC problems
- Terminates background processes for uninterrupted gaming experience
- Free edition doesn’t detects all outdated drivers
- Often recommends other products from IObit which sometimes gets really annoying and ruins the experience.
If shelling out a few bucks is not a huge problem for you, then Driver Booster is, without a doubt, one of the best driver updaters for Windows 32/64 bit that you can use in 2020.
5. Driver Magic: Best PC Driver Updater with Optimization Features
Driver Magic driver updater and optimizer with its very high rating and consistent performance has gained huge popularity across a wide spectrum of Windows users. It is undoubtedly one of the best windows driver updater programs; from official free driver updates and complete web protection to extremely user-friendly interface, this driver update tool has everything that you don’t want to miss on.
Driver Magic is packed with many powerful PC optimization tools that help you boost PC performance by removing all the underlying driver and registry issues. Let’s have a quick look at its rich features:
- Smart Driver Updater: Scan & update all your outdated or corrupt drivers through its remarkable 200000+ driver database to fix hardware problems and enhance overall PC performance.
- Official Drivers: Get all the latest manufacturer-recommended drivers through a single platform.
- Invalid Registry Scan: Improve the response time of your system by cleaning and fixing all the invalid or corrupted registry entries present on your system.
- Web Protection: Block the suspicious websites on all major browsers for a much improved and safer web surfing experience.
- Start-up Manager: Speed up your Windows boot time and fix the slow system start-up problems by clearing out all the junk items present on your Start-up menu.
- Extensive database of more than 200,000 drivers
- Supports WHQL certified drivers from hundreds of top brands
- Fast, automatic, & accurate scanning process
- Installs latest manufacturer-recommended drivers faster than ever
- PC optimization features like Invalid Registry Scanner, Web Protection, & Start-up Manager
- Easy to get assistance with its 24/7 customer support
- Doesn’t support Windows XP and Vista editions.
What’s more? It also helps users find & repair common PC issues like crashes, no audio, shuttering and connectivity issues, poor gaming performance, etc. To download this excellent free driver updater, click the button below!
This best driver update software available for free can swiftly deal with any outdated and incompatible driver issues. Also, there’s a decent amount of PC optimization features available in this tool which makes it a must-have software to update drivers.
6. Ashampoo Driver Updater: A Smart Utility to Update Outdated Drivers
Tired of frequent system crashes, BSOD errors (blue screen of death),or unexpected shutdowns? Looking for an easy way to update drivers on Windows 10 PC? If yes, Ashampoo Driver Updater is what you need. It is a well-designed driver update program that provides your PC the much-needed boost by fixing driver-related issues.
It offers more than 400,000+ official drivers to help you fix hardware problems causing trouble to the functioning of your computer.
It is another best driver updater software for both professional & novice users seeking to scan and update device drivers effortlessly.
- Quick and easy-to-use & setup.
- One-click driver updates to fix hardware problems and improve system performance.
- Easily fix & update your graphics drivers for enhanced gaming performance.
- Save your time and struggle to search for drivers manually on manufacturers’ websites. This powerful free driver software does it automatically for you.
- Supports all the latest Microsoft Windows versions.
- Easy-to-use & setup
- Supports over 150,000 devices
- Maximizes system performance
- Creates backup of all available drivers
- Multilingual support
- Need to pay extra money to get their premium support
- Free trial version is not much efficient
- Does not support Windows 8.1, Vista, & XP
If you’re looking for a lightweight and easy to use program to check for driver updates, then you may consider using this utility. However, if you want to get round the clock customer support, then you need to purchase its pro version.
7. Driver Easy: A Beautifully-Designed Driver Update Checker Software
Don’t know how to update drivers for Windows 10? But, want to keep your computer’s hardware functioning at its best? To make it possible, all you need to do is get the best free driver updater for Windows 10 PC. And Driver Easy is indeed a good choice.
With the help of Driver Easy, you can fix all your potential hardware conflicts and update faulty drivers in just a few taps of your fingers. Driver Easy brings all the latest features and functionalities to solve common driver-related issues, making it one of the best driver update tools for Windows 10.
- Smooth and efficient multi-layered drivers program.
- One-click fix feature to ensure your system runs at its peak performance.
- Auto backup & restore features help you roll back to the older version of drivers.
- More than 8 million fully-tested, certified drivers.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Smooth and efficient driver software
- Offline scan feature
- Auto-backup & restore options
- Updates out-of-date & mismatched drivers in just 1 click
- Slightly expensive product
- Free trial version offers only basic functionalities
If we ignore the few limitations of this software, then the features such as offline driver scans and one-click fix make it one of the best driver updater software for Microsoft Windows.
8. Device Doctor: A Lightweight Yet Power-Packed Driver Finder Tool
This completely free driver updater version automatically checks your computer to identify which device drivers are not working and causing trouble to the proper functioning of your machine.
The best thing that makes Device Doctor one of the best free driver update software is that it can also find the correct drivers for “unidentified devices” in the Device Manager.
- Simple, fast & easy-to-use tool.
- Choose the latest drivers from its vast database of more than 13 million official drivers.
- Automatic driver installation.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit or 32-bit), 8, 8.1, and 10.
- Up-to-date device driver database
- Relatively lightweight application
- User-friendly interface
- Supports all Windows OS (both 64-bit or 32-bit)
- Sometimes fails to detect important driver updates
- Provides recommendations for already installed drivers
- Takes longer than usual to download drivers
Device Doctor finds and downloads original driver updates without too much hassle. However, if faster driver download speed is among your topmost priorities, then we would recommend you to check out other best automatic driver updaters mentioned in this list.
9. Driver Genius: An Excellent Program with Vast Driver Database
Developed by Driver-Soft, Driver Genius currently ranks among the best driver update software in the world right now.
Driver Genius’ interface is very easy to navigate and packed with numerous powerful features for better performance and stability of your system. Updating outdated drivers has never been this easy; simply scan your PC for missing and defected drivers and choose the best, certified driver versions in a matter of seconds.
- Over 1 million drivers to ensure your system drivers are always up to date.
- One-click driver updates for smooth hardware functioning.
- Cleaning and PC optimization feature to improve the overall performance of your system.
- Backup and restore device drivers for safety.
- Supports all Windows 7/8/10 (32bit & 64bit).
- Supports 160,000+ device drivers
- System booster & clean-up options
- Ensures smooth hardware functioning
- Hardware temperature monitoring
- Supports all popular Windows editions
- Occasionally shows false driver updates
- You have to spend few extra bucks if you want to receive latest upgrades of their product
- Driver download server takes time to download driver updates.
The shortcomings of this driver update checker may dampen the spirits of some users. But, the presence of efficient cleaning modules and auto-backup options make Driver Genius a great addition to the list of best driver updater for Windows 32/64 bit.
10. AVG Driver Updater: Top Driver Updating Utility For Windows
When it comes to fixing outdated drivers instantly, AVG driver updater software is a pretty solid option for both professional and novice users alike. However, this is not a completely free driver updater.
It comes with both free and pro versions. The free trial version auto-scans your computer and attached devices for missing, outdated or broken drivers. While the paid version lets you update them instantly to avoid any performance or hardware-related problems.
- Automatic scanning feature to identify faulty drivers.
- Updates all missing, outdated or corrupt drivers in just a single click.
- Boosts streaming, downloading and browsing speed.
- Over 127,000 official drivers from hundreds of top brands.
- Backs up your device drivers to help you restore older versions.
- Highly compatible with all the recent Windows versions.
- Reduces hardware issues like crashing & freezing
- Up-to-date online device driver database
- Backs up your drivers to restore unwanted changes
- Auto-scans your computer for missing or out-of-date drivers
- A bit expensive product compared to other similar driver updaters
- No additional PC optimization features
- Paid version offers license key for only one PC
After considering all the features and pros, we can say that this best driver finder software is worth giving a try if multiple device user licenses are not among your primary requirements.
Comparative Analysis Of Best Driver Update Tools
|Fetures||Bit Driver Updater||Quick Driver Updater||ITL Driver Updater||Driver Booster||Driver Magic||Ashampoo Driver Updater||Driver Easy||Device Doctor||Driver Genius||Avg Driver Updater|
|Installation Time||53 Sec||40 Sec||60 Sec||76 Sec||80 Sec||40 Sec||25 Sec||21 Sec||60 Sec||99 Sec|
|Drivers Found on Fresh Windows||6||6||6||3||6||5||2||3||2||1|
|Scaning Time||49 Sec||53 Sec||48 Sec||32 Sec||55 Sec||37 Sec||9 Sec||33 Sec||9 Sec||15 Sec|
|OS compatibility||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1 & 7||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP||Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7||Windows 10, 8 & 7|
|Installer Size||7.36 MB||5.54 MB||7.53 MB||23.8 MB||11.9 MB||10.3 MB||4.95 MB||6.16 MB||23.3 MB||1.34 MB|
|User Interface- Scale of 10||9||9||9||8.5||8.5||8||8.5||7||7||8|
Few More Impressive Driver Updater Software
DRIVERfighter is a simple tool but still has managed to make its way into the list of best driver updater software for Windows. It flawlessly scans and detects faulty hardware drivers using its fast and accurate driver detection technology.
This drivers program is available in both free and paid versions. The free version only allows users to recover free space and detect out-of-date drivers. So, if you want to update them, you need to purchase its pro edition.
- Fast and accurate driver detections.
- One-click features to help you effectively update the drivers.
- Improves your PC’s health and performance by fixing the driver-related problems.
- Contains a large database of 85,000 device drivers from thousands of hardware manufacturers.
12. Auslogics Driver Updater
This tool from Auslogics occupies a prominent position in the list of the best free driver update software available in the market today. It brings all the powerful tools and latest features in one place to help you fix problems with your speakers, cameras, printer, and other external devices.
If you’re looking for the best Windows 10 driver updater tools, then Auslogics’ tool can be the best solution for your machine.
- Installs advanced and latest drivers for your hardware and software devices.
- Prevents driver errors and compatibility issues.
- Improves system stability & performance for better user experience.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7.
13. Avast Driver Updater
Avast driver updater is the best solution for keeping all your hardware devices in an optimal condition. If you choose to install this software, then it will ensure that your Windows 10 PC encounters fewer crashes and driver-related issues.
This is definitely one of the best driver updater for Windows 10, enabled with real-time automatic scan provision to detect outdated or missing drivers and also checks for the latest available driver updates just in the blink of an eye. However, you will need to purchase its pro edition to update out-of-date drivers found in the scanning process.
- It offers compatibility across a huge number of brands.
- Creates backup of all individuals device drivers for easy restoration.
- It is capable of fixing all the device drivers with the scaled installation process.
- Boosts your PC’s performance and maintains graphics and audio drivers updated to enhance the gaming experience.
14. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is another best driver update software that comes with a plethora of powerful features to help you fix all driver-related issues within a few minutes. Additionally, it comes with an in-built driver database which helps users install the best-matched, official system drivers without the need of any internet connection.
This driver software has a fairly intuitive, clutter-free interface which is available in more than 15 languages including German, Russian, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, and French.
- Safest driver updater for detecting and fixing outdated drivers.
- Quickly scans out-of-date or incompatible drivers.
- Automatic online driver updates
- It offers a one-click fix to all common PC issues.
- Pre-download or save device drivers for another computer.
- 100% compatible with all available Windows OS.
15. DriverPack Solution
Similar to other free drivers update software, DriverPack holds strong capabilities to find and repair common driver problems in the shortest possible time frame. This advanced driver updater claims to offer the largest driver database and helped over 40 million unique users worldwide with its accurate detection and latest driver installations.
It allows users to easily download and install drivers for every kind of hardware device, including Bluetooth, Network card, Wi-Fi device, TV-tuner, Modem, Printer, and more.
- The tool makes scanning for updating drivers effortless.
- It offers a vast database of unique system drivers.
- Installs drivers from all popular manufacturers and brands.
- Compatible with all popular Windows operating systems.
16. Wise Driver Care
It is another driver updater utility that aims to reduce frequent system crashes, sluggish performance, and other driver-related problems by installing correct and compatible driver versions.
Being one of the top driver updaters in the market, Wise Driver Care offers a wide range of features like scheduled scans, automatic driver installation, and driver backups to ensure the proper functioning of all hardware and external devices that are connected to your system.
- Reduces system crashes and driver-related errors.
- Automatic scanning and full driver backup & recovery options.
- Latest driver updates for over 600,000 devices.
- Compatible with Windows Vista/7/8/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
DriverMax is one of the most powerful driver update programs that helps you unlock your system’s full potential by updating all the outdated or corrupt drivers.
However, it is to be noted that it’s not a completely free driver updater as it comes with both free and paid versions. While the free version scans and generates the list of all missing and out-of-date drivers, the pro version automatically updates them to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions without the need for manual interruption.
- Supports more than 2,300,000 devices to keep all your drivers up to date
- Automatically downloads and installs recommended drivers and updates.
- Backs up and restores your device drivers for safety.
- Schedule scans to help you run automatic scans at a time that is convenient for you.
- Official drivers for all your hardware and attached devices.
- Fully compatible with all the latest Windows versions.
DriverAgent is another best free driver update software that keeps a track of all installed drivers and lets you identify and update the ones which are missing from your system.
Once you install the application, it starts analyzing your computer and generates a detailed report of all out-of-date and missing drivers which need immediate action. However, you will need to purchase a license key if you want to update them to the most recent versions.
- Fast and user-friendly driver management utility.
- Extremely lightweight application.
- Displays the list of all out-of-date drivers.
- Backup & Restore options.
- Supports all Windows editions.
19. Driver Magician
Are you looking to update drivers of Windows 10? Well, your quest ends here! Driver Magician is one of the best Windows 10 driver updater tools in 2020.
Driver Magician is a bit different compared to other standard driver updater tools. Unlike other best driver update’s, this tool allows users to clone all available device drivers to an auto-setup package (.exe) – so you can restore them even without installing its application.
Also, its built-in live hardware identifier database can help you detect all unknown devices in your computer.
- Most compatible driver utility with simple and elegant interface
- Improves overall PC performance and stability.
- Backs up all device drivers and lets you restore them in a single-click.
- Identifies unknown devices in your system.
- It comes with a driver uninstall option.
If you are trying to find out the best driver updater tool for your PC, then you can definitely install the Driver Finder software as it will efficiently find the most precise drivers to keep your computer updated.
The driver database of this tool is massive as it is sourced from various device manufacturers from all corners of the world continuously.
Being one of the best driver software solutions in the market, it offers support for various types of devices, including printer, camera, graphic card, keyboard, USB, etc.
It might come last in the list of best driver updater, but it is definitely worth a try for updating the device drivers automatically.
- It can quickly locate and install drivers on your system.
- The application is self-updating to ensure that customers can avail its latest features instantaneously.
- You can backup specific drivers with this tool and restore them when needed.
- They offer round the clock customer support services.
Frequently Asked Questions about Driver Updater Software
Hardware manufacturers often release software updates to fix bugs and patch security risks which they have discovered. Moreover, the latest hardware manufacturer updates contain new improved features and functionalities for hardware components.Using outdated drivers, you may start getting driver errors or computer may become unstable, less efficient and even lead to hardware failures. For instance, a graphics card with an outdated driver may lead to stuttering issues when playing the latest 3D video games or you may face excess heating issues that can harm your hardware components. Keeping drivers updated helps prevent such device conflicts and ensures smooth hardware functioning!
Q3. What are the qualities of best driver updater software for Windows?
A good Windows driver updater program must have the following qualities:
- Extensive Driver Database: It contains a vast database of official drivers from top hardware manufacturer brands.
- User-friendly Interface: It comes with a clean and elegant interface that allows you to effortlessly navigate through and select your desired options.
- Fast & Accurate Driver Detection Technology: A powerful driver updater is capable of performing a thorough scan of the entire PC and providing you with a detailed list of all missing, outdated and defective drivers present on your system.
- One-Click Driver Update: It lets you update all faulty hardware drivers to the latest manufacturer-recommended versions in just one-click.
- Official Driver Updates: It installs only official, WHQL certifies drivers, thereby eliminating the risk of installing inappropriate and malware-infected drivers
- Backup & Restore: It takes a complete backup of existing Windows drivers to ensure users can roll back to the previous driver version whenever they want.
- Time Saver: The top driver updater saves you a lifetime of effort that you would have wasted into searching for drivers manually.
- Performance Booster: The best driver updater is the one that supercharges the performance of your computer and makes it perform like a new machine.
- High Compatibility: A dedicated driver updater tool must support all the latest versions of the Windows operating system.
Q4. Does updating drivers increase performance?
The best way to update device drivers is to use an automatic driver update utility. Using such tools not only makes the driver updating process fast and effortless but also eliminates the risk of installing wrong or harmful software programs.
Q6. How often should you update drivers?
As soon as a new software update or security patch is available you should update your drivers to avoid any kind of compatibility issues with your hardware components.
Q7. How to Check for Missing or Outdated Drivers?
Here’s how to identify if your system drivers are up-to-date:
- First, click on the Start button, search for Device Manager, and then select from the list of results.
- Inside the Device Manager utility, double-click on the hardware device you want to identify drivers for.
- The Device Properties Window will then appear, showing the information about your device under the “Device status” section.
- If the Device status area is showing “This device is working properly,” it means that your device drivers are up-to-date. If not, look for any driver error messages or error codes flashing up on that screen to seek help.
If you’re still having trouble identifying the outdated or missing drivers, you can always go for an automatic driver update utility.
Q8. What is the Best Free Driver Updater?
I would definitely go with Bit Driver Updater. Several users who have reported performance and driver-related problems, claimed success by using Bit Driver Updater. The tool not only effortlessly finds all out-of-date or corrupt hardware drivers but allows users to update them to the latest, compatible ones for free in just a single click.
Q9. How to Choose the Best Driver Update Software?
While choosing a driver updater tool, it is extremely important that you pay close attention to the set of features that it claims to provide. Make sure you choose a certified and a trusted product that offers powerful features like automatic scanning, extensive driver database, genuine drivers, backup options, and more.
Before shortlisting the perfect one, it is also suggested to consider a few other factors as well such as ease-of-use, customer support, and user reviews.
Q10. Is It Safe to Use a Driver Updater?
Yes, driver software is a safe option when it comes to optimizing your computer for peak performance and fixing driver-related problems. However, it is always recommended that you download and install such programs or apps only from their official website.
Q11. Can I Update the Drivers Myself?
Although, updating drivers manually is a pesky affair, but if you still want to try it out, here are the methods:
Update Drivers Using Device Manager
- Go to the search and open Device Manager
- Now right-click on the device name and select Update Driver option
- On the next screen, select Search automatically for updated driver software
- If a newer update is available, the wizard will install the package automatically, if it doesn’t find a new device driver, you can try and find the one on the official manufacturer’s website
Install Driver from Manufacturer’s Website
In case you don’t find any updates for your drivers via Device Manager, you can also download and install the latest Windows drivers manually from the manufacturer’s support website.
However, sometimes even if you visit on their official manufacturer’s website the device drivers are difficult to find – you need to explore a long time but can’t get the compatible Windows drivers in the end.
But, if you still like to manually install a driver, here are the driver download links of some of the most popular hardware manufacturers:
- Intel Driver & Software Updates
- HP Driver and Software Downloads
- NVIDIA Driver Downloads
- Dell Drivers & Downloads
- Lenovo Driver Updates
Q12. How to Know If Drivers are Up to Date?
You can either use Device Manager to manually identify (as explained above) if your system drivers are up-to-date or can get an automatic driver update utility to detect and install the right ones automatically on your PC.
Q13. How to Verify a Driver’s Version?
Identifying the driver version is pretty simple, here’s how:
- Open Device Manager
- Double-click on the hardware device you want to identify the driver version for and then select ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the Driver tab and check your current driver version
Q14. What are the Common Driver Related Errors?
Let’s have a quick look at some of the common driver error messages:
- “USB Device not recognized”
- “There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”
- “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”
- “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” (BSOD Error)
- “Windows cannot connect to the printer”, “Printer driver is unavailable” or “The printer driver cannot connect to the network print server”
- “No audio output device is installed”
Q15. How Can I Resolve Driver Related Concerns?
The easiest solution is a dedicated driver update program that offers a wide array of optimization and driver-management tools to help you fix common PC issues like crashes, no audio and network-connectivity issues, printer problems, BSOD errors, poor game performance, and much more.
Q16. How Does a Driver Updater Work?
Driver Updater tool is the best solution for configuring a computer that not only takes care of the driver errors leading to system crashes and hardware conflicts but also gives you a smooth PC experience.
It auto-scans your whole computer for outdated, missing, or broken drivers and installs the latest compatible versions without the need for any manual interruption.
Q17. Does Windows 10 install drivers automatically?
Yes, Windows 10 automatically detects and installs new drivers for a wide range of hardware devices. However, it is important to note that every now and then you may need to install drivers manually for several reasons.
Q18. How to update drivers on Mac?
All the latest device drivers come pre-installed with Mac computers. If you still want to check if there are any new driver updates available, follow the steps below:
- First, click on the Apple menu icon on your Mac device.
- Now, select System Preferences > Software Update.
- Any new driver or software updates available will be listed here.
Q19. How to install/update drivers on Ubuntu?
Installing proprietary drivers in Ubuntu is a straightforward task. To do so, follow the simple steps below:
- First, open the system settings and then double-click on the ‘Additional Drivers’ (For Ubuntu 12.10 users, first open the ‘Software & Updates’ and then navigate to the Additional Drivers tab)
- Now, select the option to use the drivers and then click on the ‘Apply Changes’ button.
Q20. How to install hardware drivers on Linux?
Since Linux is an open-source operating system, there are numerous Linux distribution based variations available in the market. Each of them has its own driver installation process i.e., Ubuntu’s Additional Drivers feature.
Most of the other Linux distribution based editions rely on programs like GNOME to install additional driver and software packages on the system.
Update Drivers in One-Click with Best Driver Updater Software (2020)
This concludes our article that will give you a clear insight on how to shortlist the best free driver updater software for Windows PC to update outdated drivers.
All of these aforementioned driver updating software helps download latest driver versions within the snap of a finger and makes sure your PC stays running at peak performance. If you need recommendations, then we would suggest using Bit, Quick, and ITL Driver Updater for a wide range of powerful driver-management tools. Get any of these Windows driver updaters now and update all out-of-date device drivers automatically with ease.
Do you think we missed to mention any highly-rated tool? If yes, please let us know your thoughts and picks on the subject in the comments section below.