If you like to store videos on your Mac, why don’t do it right? Check out the best video compressors for Mac to reduce the size of all the videos and save more on your device’s storage.
You may face a shortage of storage on your Mac. This is a very common problem that appears repeatedly, especially if you store different videos on your Mac. A great way to retain or save more and more videos on the device is to compress the same to reduce the size. This way, you will be able to scrutinize the not-so-important videos and compress them to save storage.
The smoothest way to compress any video on the Mac is to take the help of the best video compressors for Mac. Just like the nomenclature of the software category, these tools will allow you to reduce the size of the videos to a great extent. That too, within a snap. However, as there are tons of alternatives available to compress the videos, we did some research and found the best ones for you.
So, go through this article and use the best video compression software for Mac as per your requirements. However, for this, we recommend you check out the entire list and compare the tools before downloading one.
Best Video Compressors for Mac in 2022: Reduce Video Size Quickly
Let’s stop beating around the bush and go straight to the list of the best video compressors for Mac. Below are some alternatives that can easily work as the best video compression software for Mac.
1. Movavi Video Converter- The Best Way to Compress Video on Mac
Why don’t we start this list of the best video compressors for Mac with a versatile tool to help you? Following the same line of thought, we have brought to you the Movavi Video Converter as the first name on this list. The tool is indeed the best and offers some of the most amazing features and functionalities. Check out the major one of these right below:
Features of Movavi Video Converter: A Free Video Compressor
- The tool is quite fast and allows you to convert videos very quickly.
- Movavi ensures that the video quality does not deteriorate after the compression.
- The tool has in-built options to edit, trim, and modify the videos in other ways before compressing.
- You can even use the tool to convert videos and add subtitles to the same.
- The best video compressors for Mac support editing and conversion of a lot of video formats.
- The most unique feature of the tool is that it allows you to use smart AI to upscale your video quality.
Also Read: Best 4k Video Downloader Alternative for Windows & MAC
2. WonderShare UniConverter- Free Video Compression Software for Mac
Next comes another one of the best video compressors for Mac. WonderShare has been offering some of the best and most high-end software to users for years. One such great introduction from the house is UniConverter. Previously named Video Converter Ultimate, UniConverter is an AI-powered savior for your compression needs. Check out the features of the tool right below to know more.
Features of WonderShare UniConverter: The Best Video Compression App for Mac
- UniConverter is a one-stop solution for your video compression and conversion needs.
- The app works with both in-storage videos as well as those on DVDs.
- You can use the app to record high-quality videos as well.
- The software supports a lot of different extensions to help you get the desired output.
- The most unique feature of the UniConverter is that it also works as a video downloader supporting various websites.
- You can use the advanced AI of the tool to convert, edit, merge or compress the video smartly.
3. VideoProc Converter- The Best Video Compression Software for Mac
Another tool that can easily challenge any of the top best video compressors for Mac is VideoProc Converter. If you are still wondering how to compress a video on Mac as the above alternatives couldn’t meet your needs, then you should try VideoProc Converter. The tool is quite advanced and allows smart features to make video compression smooth and accurate. Have a look at the features of the tool below for more information.
Features of VideoProc Converter: Video Compressor Free
- The tool works on both Windows and Mac devices, hence, you can save storage on either or both devices.
- Apart from video, the tool also supports audio compression, editing, and conversion.
- The interface of the tool is very intuitive and allows you to compress video quickly.
- You can use the tool to upscale or downscale the quality of your videos effectively.
- VideoProc Converter contains a ton of filters and effects for easy and feasible editing.
- With the tool, you can edit videos, compress them, add subtitles, merge, crop, and do a lot more as required.
4. Mac Finder- Free Video Compression Software for Mac
If you are not interested in downloading a third-party tool to compress videos, then you can seek the help of Mac Finder. This is a Mac-integrated utility that allows you to compress videos and reduce their size. However, be advised that this tool is not as effective as other third-party alternatives and reduces the size by a maximum of 30% only.
Check out the features of the best video compressors for Mac right below.
Features of Mac Finder: Best Free Video Compression Software for Mac
- The tool is integrated and hence you don’t need to seek any third-party alternative.
- The interface of the feature is quite simple and so straightforward that even a beginner can make the best out of the tool.
- Additionally, apart from videos, you can also compress other types of files with Finder.
- The functionality of the tool is effective and compresses the video without affecting the quality.
- The best video compressors for Mac will compress the videos to .ZIP format. You can extract the same whenever you want to use it.
Also Read: Best Free Video Sharing Sites Like YouTube
5. Any Video Converter- The Smartest and Best Way to Compress Video on Mac
The next name on this list of the best video compressors for Mac is Any Video Converter. The conversion speed offered by the tool is over 20 times faster than other alternatives. The tool offers some of the smartest ways to make your video better. Apart from this, there are tons of features and functionalities for the smooth working of the device. Check the major ones out below.
Features of Any Video Converter: Tool for the Best Video Compression Mac
- The tool is much more than a compressor and allows you to edit, trim, convert, and modify videos as well.
- You will not face any ads or malware while using the tool for compression or any other task.
- The tool supports over 200 different video formats as inputs and outputs.
- If you are using external storage to store videos, then also the Any Video Converter offers all the functionalities.
- The very easy-to-use interface makes everything possible from editing to compressing for beginners and professionals.
- When used in collaboration with other similar and supporting tools, the Any Video Converter can offer some of the best outputs.
6. HandBrake- Free Video Compression Software for Mac
If you are not interested in spending a penny on the best video compressors for Mac, then you should try HandBrake. This is an open-source alternative for your Mac. With the help of the tool, you can easily compress the videos to the desired extent within a couple of minutes. The tool offers some of the best compression rates ever offered by other free alternatives. Have a look at the features of the tool below for more information.
Features of HandBrake: Best Video Compression App for Mac
- The tool is completely free and open-sourced.
- You can download and use the software on Windows, Linux, and Mac devices.
- The software supports almost all the major formats of videos.
- With the help of HandBrake, you can queue multiple videos at once for compression. This feature is not so common in other tools.
- The interface of the best video compressors for Mac is very basic and easy to use for all kinds of users.
7. QuickTime Player- The Best Video Compression Mac
How to compress a video on Mac for free, QuickTime Player is the answer. If you don’t want to download any tool from a third-party, then download QuickTime Player. This tool is provided by the developers at Apple Inc. The tool is available for free and offers some extensive features to compress videos.
Have a look at the features of QuickTime Player as one of the best video compressors for Mac right below to get the required details.
Features of QuickTime Player: The Best Free Video Compression Software for Mac
- The tool is available for both Windows and Mac devices although developed by Apple.
- You can use the tool as tool to preview and organize the videos as well.
- The interface of QuickTime Player is quite straightforward and beginner-friendly.
- The working procedure of the tool is quite simple. You can select the compression rates from multiple options like large, small, etc.
- You can download the tool for free on all devices.
8. Final Cut Pro: The Best Video Compression Software for Mac
The last name on this list of the best video compressors for Mac is Final Cut Pro. Just like its name, the tool allows you to do everything before your ‘final cut’ of the video. Using the software, you can do a lot more than just compress the video. Go through the features of Final Cut Pro provided below for more details.
Features of Final Cut Pro: One of the Best Free Video Compressors for Mac
- The software allows you to edit the video using object tracing and other advanced features.
- Apart from regular videos, you can also take the help of Final Cut Pro to edit audio and cinematic videos.
- The performance offered by the tool is just outstanding and amazingly fast.
- With the help of the tool, you can edit videos in any resolution or format. (8K video supported)
- The interface of the app is very attractive and allows smooth transitioning of videos.
- You can even use the AI-embedded tool to edit different sections of the video.
Also Read: Best Video Repair Software for Windows PC
Best Free Video Compressors for Mac: Listed
So, here we conclude the best way to compress video on Mac. Nothing is better than taking the help of software to reduce the size of any or all the videos present on your device. We hope that these best video compressors for Mac were able to help you with all of your requirements with ease.
If you have any doubts related to the tools or want some suggestions, write to us in the comments. We will answer your queries right away. Your feedback is much appreciated. Do let us know which one of the best video compressors for Mac worked for you. Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss any blog updates from our page.