The post highlights the 15 best free photo recovery software for Windows 10. Read the entire write-up to know the ideal image recovery software.
Photos can bring back all the memories and recall us every “moment” spent with our loved and closed ones. Photos are something which we never want to lose but sometimes accidentally or knowingly we lose the precious moments of our life. And, more hurtful is when we don’t even have the backup. Didn’t it? Of course, but don’t worry, all thanks to photo recovery software that always keeps you on the safe side.
There are a lot of software available through which you can even get the deleted images back on your Windows 10. However, not all the programs are worth trying. But, out of all, there are also a few ones that absolutely deserve a try. So, in this document, we have put together the ultimate 15 best free photo recovery software to help you in the journey of retrieving digital memories. Work your way down until you find the one that fits the bill.
List of 15 Best Free Photo Recovery Software For Windows, Mac, Android and iPhone
As you know all the photo recovery programs don’t function similarly. Every program listed on this rundown has its own unique functionality like some are good to restore the deleted pictures in one click, some programs take a shorter time to scan, etc. Now, let’s read the entire list to know which photo recovery programs are the best.
1. Stellar Photo Recovery
We have ranked Stellar Photo Recovery in the first position on this list of best photo recovery software for Mac and Windows. Being placed in the first position, this software has our all support. It is the best choice for both consumers and business tycoons.
It can work with multiple devices including desktop PCs, smartphones, laptops, USB flash drives, camera memory cards, servers, and distinct external storage devices. The software has an in-built duplicate photo finder tool to detect and delete duplicate pictures. And, if in case, you haven’t liked the software then you can demand a full refund within 30 days of the purchase period.
Key Features of Stellar Photo Recovery:
- Talking about repairing videos, then it works fine with drones, surveillance, smartphones, digicam, and DSLR.
- It can rescue photos, audio, and video files from a CF card, USB sticks, and SD cards.
- The software offers 24/7 technical support to its users.
- The software offers a complete money-back policy to its users.
- Stellar Photo Recovery also works on iPhone and iPad to recover deleted images, emails, contacts, videos, and documents.
Mistakenly lost all the digital memories aka Photos, don’t worry Recuva is here to get all the deleted photos back. Recuva is the best free photo recovery software by CCleaner to recover the lost files quite easily & quickly. The software can recover the deleted media files from your digital camera cards, Windows PC, recycle bin, or MP3.
Furthermore, the best thing about this software is you can recover the other files as well, along with the photos. For retrieving the pictures only, you need to perform the Scan only for Pictures and within a few moments, the results will appear accordingly.
Key Features of Recuva
- Recover corrupt media files.
- Safely remove files.
- It can recover music files, videos, documents, and emails.
- It has a highly advanced deep scan mode for buried files.
- Recuva is also capable of restoring files from damaged or even new formatted drives.
- Available in two versions i.e., Free or Professional.
PhotoRec is a free photo recovery software available for Windows 10. The software is highly capable of recovering all kinds of deleted or lost photos from your external and internal storage devices. Hence, it is a great software to recover the lost images from Hard-Disks, CD-ROMs, digital cameras, and many more. The icing on the cake is- the software comes with an additional feature called TestDisk which is a partition recovery software for Windows PC.
Key Features of PhotoRec:
- It can restore photos of numerous file formats including JPEG, HTML, Office, ZIP, PDF, and also diverse graphics file formats.
- It is completely free to use photo recovery software.
- An additional application for recovering lost partitions.
- Utilizes Read-only access to recover photos from driver or memory cards.
4. Undelete 360
Next on this rundown is Undelete 360. If you want a software which not only retrieves the lost photos but also numerous multimedia files, then Undelete 360 is a perfect pick for Windows PC. The software is also good enough in recovering multimedia files like documents, music files, texts, emails, and videos, along with photos.
While testing the software, we realized the user interface of the program is quite impressive and classic. The software has easy-to-navigate buttons to securely recover the lost photos or other data.
Key Features of Undelete 360:
- This image recovery software has two scanning modes for deep and quick photo recovery.
- Highly compatible with a comprehensive range of file formats and system file types.
- Before you affirm the retrieval the software shows a preview of scanning results.
- Simple navigation and suitable for both beginners and professionals.
5. Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is another best software available to recover deleted images for Windows. It can recover the lost images from an external hard drive, USB drive, hard drive, digital camera memory card, laptop, smartphone, or other multimedia storage.
It runs on all the versions of Windows including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10. The best thing about this program is – the software offers a complete money-back guarantee to its users within 60 days of the purchase period.
Key Features of Wise Data Recovery:
- It scans your respective device at a fast rate by using high-level algorithms.
- The software has a smooth and neat user interface.
- It has numerous pointers for managing data quality.
- Wise Data Recovery uses standardized filters for simple navigation.
- The free version is available.
- Provides round a clock support.
- Compatible with exFAT, NTFS, and FAT 12/16/32 file systems.
6. Data Rescue 6
Data Rescue permits its users to recover deleted images from corrupted or damaged hard drives. Along with it, the software lets the users to backup the rescued files to either an external or internal hard drive, networked drive, and removable device. This software comes with some really interesting and much-needed features.
And, one of the best features is FileIQ, which allows it to recognize the distinct file types for recovery. The only shortcoming of this software is – it is not available for the older version of Windows like Vista and Windows XP.
Key Features of Data Rescue 6:
- No need for software installation because it comes with a bootable disk option.
- Robust filters for data recovery.
- Highly compatible with external hard drives.
- Provides a detailed scanned report on files.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
7. Remo Recover
Yet another best photo recovery software is Remo Recover. With Remo Recover, you can be able to get all the lost photos back within just a few clicks of your mouse. All you need to do is just begin the scan and view the rescued photos. Remo Recover can save your photos from different drives.
The software boasts advanced algorithms that work effortlessly with corrupted, newly or formatted drives or even void recycle bins. Remo Recover can work on both platforms i.e., Windows and Mac.
Key Features of Remo Recover:
- Powerful and deep scan.
- The software offers a preview before retrieving photos.
- Suitable with external hard drives.
- Has the ability to recover photos even from crashed PCs.
- It is compatible with all the Windows file systems including NTFS, NTFS5, FAT 16/32, etc as well as Mac file systems including HFS, APFS, and HFS+.
Recover all the deleted images with AnyRecover, the most promising software to restore all the digital memories. The software is available in two models i.e, Free or Paid version. It is suitable for restoring the deleted files from distinct data loss circumstances. It is compatible with numerous devices for photo recovery. Furthermore, the user can use the software to retrieve the photos which are lost by deleting, partition loss, disk corruption, viruses, formatting, and many more.
Key Features of AnyRecover:
- It has full support for all kinds of storage devices including PCs, memory cards, USB flash drives, digital cameras, and more.
- It allows you to see data before the retrieval.
- The photo recovery software can work effortlessly on both Windows and Mac.
- Its free version can recover up to three files at the same time.
9. Card RecoveryPro
Lives up to its name, the mission of CardRecovery is to restore the deleted photos from digital memory cards and mobile phones. The software is highly compatible with all the major memory card types and file formats incorporating micro SD, xD, Memory Stick Pro, Pro-HG, Sony XQD, SD, and many more. The software only has read-only access. The only drawback of this software is that; it is not available for Mac users.
Key Features of CardRecovery:
- The software takes only three steps to retrieve photos.
- Suitable with all the popular file formats.
- Completely safe and reliable photo recovery software.
- It has special smart algorithms to diagnose photo loss easily and quickly.
- Dedicated to recovering images from the memory cards used in various digital cameras.
10. Picture Rescue
Get all your lost photos back with the help of Picture Rescue. It is one of the best photo recovery software for Mac. However, its advancement is no longer as effective as it used to be, but still remains a suitable choice for recovering the lost photos. The Mac user can use this application in just a few simple steps. The software also provides an overview before taking any action.
Key Features of Picture Rescue:
- Easy to use photo recovery software.
- Safely recover the pictures even from formatted, corrupted, and damaged drives.
- Provides a complete preview before the retrieval of the photos.
- Its free version is available with limited features.
Also Read: 17 Must-Have Software For Windows 10 In 2021
11. Easy Digital Photo Recovery
Another solution to recover deleted images is Easy Digital Photo Recovery. As its name suggests, it is very simple to use this software for recovering all the lost files within a few certain series of steps. This software can be easily used by both newbies and experts in order to recover the lost photos. The software works at a very fast speed.
Key Features of Easy Digital Photo Recovery:
- A free trial version is available.
- Compatible with all the popular file formats.
- It can recover images from digital camera memory cards.
- Easy retrieval of photos even from the crashed system.
- Neat and smooth user interface.
12. Recover My Photos
As far as this list of best free photo recovery software goes, Recover My Photos is surely unrecognized. This software is not so popular among all PC users. And, that’s not a fair reason to skip it.
Recover My Photos can be an ideal option to recover deleted photos especially when you are using older versions of Windows like Windows 98, NT, or ME. Because there are very little software available that can run on one of these OS and requires only 128 MB of RAM.
Key Features of Recover My Photos:
- It requires very low system requirements.
- The recovery process is very simple.
- Highly compatible with the older versions of Windows.
- The software can recover photos even from corrupted or formatted hard drives.
13. Odboso Photo Retrieval
Have you lost all the photos accidentally? Don’t worry, Odboso Photo Retrieval is here to help you out. It is software for recovering all the deleted photos and other multimedia files too. And, the best thing about the software is – it looks for a particular file format.
So, consequently, you don’t need to go through thousands of rescued files in order to find one hidden photo. However, on the other hand, it can be complicated to retrieve the deleted photos if you have no adequate knowledge about the exact file format.
Key Features of Odboso Photo Retrieval:
- Retrieves photos depending on their formats.
- It runs on all the versions of Windows.
- Clean and impressive user interface.
- 3 steps recovery wizard.
- Even the trial version lets you offer a preview of the found image.
14. RecoverIt – Wondershare
Since 2003 Recoverit by Wondershare has been giving services. And, it is trusted by more than 5 million users across the globe. Recoverit by Wondershare is one of the professional solutions, which dedicatedly works with one aim to recover deleted photos. The software can recover all the accidentally deleted photos from a flash drive, computer disk, SD card, and many more.
It is available in two versions i.e., free or premium. To access all its advanced features you need to rely on its premium version. Also, with the advanced features, the premium version gives a 7-days full money-back guarantee.
Key Features of Recoverit – Wondershare:
- Best photo recovery software for Mac and Windows.
- Has the ability to recover the lost images from a crashed computer.
- Also, can restore the various formats of video files.
- It can recover multiple videos and photos at one time.
- Its technical team is available 24/7 to assist its users.
- Plus, offers a preview before taking any action.
15. Disk Doctors Photo Recovery
Last but not least, Disk Doctors Photo Recovery, the best image recovery software for Mac and Windows. It can restore the photos even from corrupted and formatted media storage devices. The user interface of this software is pretty easy to use so anyone can easily understand its functionalities. Furthermore, unlike others, this software is suitable for older versions of Windows as well, like Windows XP and Vista.
Key Features of Disk Doctors Photo Recovery:
- Safe retrieval of lost photos, videos, and audio files.
- Compatible with all the major media file types.
- Has the potential to recover photos, videos, emails, documents, audios, and other multimedia files even from the formatted drives.
- The advanced algorithms save sessions so you can continue from where you left.
Which is the Best Free Photo Recovery Software for Windows 10 PC?
So, these were some extremely best photo recovery software for Windows that you should consider. We picked software on the basis of its recovery ability, system compatibility, ease of use, compatible platforms, and security. Also, we have included complete information regarding the software. We hope that the above recommended software will help you in order to recover the deleted photos.
In our opinion, you should give Stellar Photo Recovery a try. It is an award-winning photo recovery software that can retrieve deleted photos as well as corrupt media files too. However, the final decision is still yours, so choose wisely. If you know some more world-class photo recovery software then do tell us in the comment box below. We would surely include your suggestions in our list.
Lastly, before you leave, do subscribe to our Newsletter for reading more informative tech articles like this one. Moreover, you can also connect with us through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.