HP Webcam Drivers Download, Install & Update For Windows 10, 8, 7
This post shares the easiest ways to download HP webcam driver, install, and update it on Windows 10 and older editions. Read on to know more.
The only mode of communication that we could currently rely on in this lockdown situation is our webcams and smartphones and there has never been a time when we have felt its necessity as much as we do now.
If you are facing regular issues with your webcam then there is a high chance that your HP web camera driver is outdated or broken. Device drivers ensure the proper working of various system components and should be updated regularly.
The latest updates will help you fix all the conflicts between your drivers and the overall performance of your device. So without wasting any further time, let’s see how you can easily download and update HP webcam driver on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
The Highly Recommended Way For HP Webcam Driver Download
Downloading HP webcam drivers manually is a time-consuming process and requires a certain level of computer skills. Hence, we advise you to use an automated driver updating tool like Bit driver updater that can manage this tedious task with minimal effort. It can effortlessly scan your entire device for problematic drivers and repair them with the utmost ease. The cherry on top is that it’s free to download.
Now, refer to our complete guide below to know about the other ways to download, update and reinstall HP webcam drivers to enjoy uninterrupted working.
Best Ways To Download, Install & Update HP Webcam Drivers On Windows 10 & Older Editions
To help you fix HP HD webcam driver issues in a flash, here we have elucidated both manual and automated methods. You can pick the best-suited method to download and install HP webcam driver in no time.
How To Download HP Webcam Driver Using Manual Methods
Before you decide to manually download the HP webcam driver on your device ensure that you take a full backup to avoid any data losses. Now follow our step-to-step guide to update HP camera driver for Windows 10 and previous versions.
1. Download & Install HP Webcam Driver Using Device Manager
Windows has its built-in tool known as the Device Manager with which you can update your broken and outdated drivers. Here’s how you can use it to install or update the HP webcam driver on your device.
- Launch the RUN box on your device by pressing the Windows + R key on your device.
- In the RUN box type devmgmt.msc and press the OK button or hit Enter.
- Now in the Device Manager window, look out for the Cameras category and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu click on the Update Driver button.
- Now from the newly displayed window click on the option saying “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- If any new driver is available your Device Manager will install the latest HP webcam driver on your device.
In case the Device Manager fails to find an update you can refer to HP official site to download and reinstall HP webcam driver.
Read Also: Best Free Webcam Software for Windows 10, 8, 7
2. Download HP Webcam Driver Using the Manufacturer Website
You can visit the official website of HP to search and update your HP webcam driver with the latest and compatible driver.
- On HP support website, click on the Software and Drivers section.
- In the next step specify the device that you are using, in our case it’s HP laptop.
- Now in the next step click on the “Let HP detect your product: tab and wait until it finds your device along with the Windows version in use.
- Look for the appropriate and compatible HP webcam software drivers and then download the setup file on your device.
- Launch the installation wizard by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- Now, follow the simple instructions displayed on your screen to successfully install the HP webcam driver on your Windows system.
Read More: How To Fix Webcam Not Working On Windows 10
3. Download & Update HP Webcam Drivers Using Windows Update
Windows built-in update functionality offers a great solution to perform HP webcam driver download, install, and update on both laptops and desktop computers. Here are the required steps.
- Click on the Windows logo icon or Start button on the taskbar and select the Settings option.
- Once you’re in the Settings menu, select the “Update & Security” option.
- In the right-hand side pane, click the “Check for updates” button.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to install the available driver updates for HP webcam software.
How To Download HP Webcam Driver Using Automatic Method
The automatic method requires you to use a dedicated driver update utility to download and install the latest HP camera drivers without making any cumbersome efforts.
4. Download & Update HP Webcam Driver Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
The above-mentioned methods don’t prove fruitful when you lack technical skills and are running out of time. For better and accurate results we recommend you go with automated driver updater tools to download HP webcam drivers for Windows 10 and older versions. Bit Driver Updater is a feature-rich-tool and can easily update all outdated, corrupt, and mismatched drivers on your device.
Pro Tip: Permit the program to create a backup of your current drivers so you can easily roll back to a previous version of the driver if something unexpected happens during the update procedure.
Below is how you can use Bit Driver Updater to effortlessly download the latest version and update HP HD camera driver on your Windows device.
- Install Bit Driver Updater on your device.
- Post successful installation, launch the application on your device and perform a system scan.
- A window displaying the list of all drivers needing updates will be displayed on your Windows screen.
- Click on the Update now button to automatically update your outdated HP webcam driver software.
That’s it, a few simple steps and your work is done. What makes Bit Driver more impressive is the single-click working mechanism and deep scanning capabilities. If you want to experience a notable boost in the overall performance of your Windows device then this is your go-to tool. Its single tap working mechanism will not only help you update HP webcam drivers but will also fix other problematic drivers within no time.
Read Also: How to Use iPhone as Webcam
HP Webcam Driver Download: Concluding Words
We hope our guide on how to update HP webcam drivers on Windows 10 and previous editions has been of enough assistance to you. Properly working drivers are integral to any PC and should be updated on a regular basis.
We advise you to pick the automated method for better results and uninterrupted system performance. In case you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment.