In today’s digital world, WhatsApp Messenger is the most well-known social messaging app in the world; always bringing something new to the table to help you stay in touch with people that matter the most, like your friends and family.
To make WhatsApp more pragmatic, the social messaging giant is rolling out new fingerprint feature to its chats to help users protect their personal messages.
Here is All You Need to Know About the New Fingerprint Lock Feature:
Fingerprint Authentication Feature for Android & iOS Beta Users:
Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp is currently working on the fingerprint scanner feature that is expected to add an additional layer of security to its chats.
The new feature, when available, would require users to authenticate the app using the iPhone FaceID and Touch ID, if they want to check their WhatsApp chats.
However, you will still be able to reply to the WhatsApp conversations from the notification tab without actually entering the app.
This latest WhatsApp fingerprint lock feature is currently in its testing phase, which means only selected users can use the feature under beta version on both Android and iOS platforms.
How to Use Fingerprint Lock on Android:
To enable this fingerprint lock feature in your app, follow the below instructions:
- To get started, jump to the Account section under the Settings tab and click on the Privacy Settings. Make sure you are using the WhatsApp 2.19.221 beta version.
- Now, scroll down and open Fingerprint Lock.
- Once enabled, users will be asked to confirm their phone’s fingerprint on the device.
- That’s it! Now, users can open and check their WhatsApp chats only by authenticating themselves using the fingerprint.
How to Use Fingerprint Lock on iOS:
To enable this fingerprint lock feature in your iPhone device, follow the below instructions:
- To get started, head towards the Privacy section under the Settings tab on your iOS device. Make sure you are using the WhatsApp 2.19.20 version.
- Now, scroll down to Screen Lock and enable it on your phone.
- Once enabled, you will be able to use the Touch ID or Face ID, depending on your iPhone model to unlock WhatsApp chats.
That’s it! This is how you can protect your WhatsApp chats on both Android and iOS platforms from people who randomly open your conversations and try to interfere in your private life.
The latest WhatsApp fingerprint lock feature is expected to be rolled out to everyone in the coming weeks.