Do you want to know which is the best app to hide apps? Do you worry too much that some sensitive information from your phone might leak out if ever you lose your phone or if somebody gains unauthorized access to it? Apps hider can be a solution for you if you are wondering about how to hide apps.
If you don’t want your private moments to be compromised or want your financial data to remain confidential, then compromised you need to take necessary steps to safeguard your phone by installing app hiders that are widely available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
In the below write-up, we have mentioned a curated list of best hide apps 2020 (Android/iOS) to help you make the right decision.
What Are the Best Hide Apps for Android & iPhone in 2020?
Prevent spying entities from snooping on your private photos and documents using the below-listed app hiders:
1. Clock The Vault
This a quite a popular application if you go by the number of Play Store downloads, which is above 1 million.
- Superb user interface design with clock theme customization availability.
- The app resembles a wall clock face where you can pre-set the time password by moving the hands of the clock and by pressing the middle button of the virtual clock.
- Thus, the app vanishes from the app list and converts into a clock application. It is, therefore, able to successfully conceal your private photos, videos, and other files without giving others a hint that the app is disguised as a clock.
- It can also lock your messengers, Browser, Contact list, Email apps, and other apps as well with the help of fingerprint enabled password protection. You can also access your browser in private mode with the help of this application.
- You can also get break-in alerts in case of unauthorized use.
- There are some disturbances observed due to ads, though.
2. Hide Photos, Video – Hide it Pro
Another highly popular Play Store app, this app hider, is, in fact, an audio manager app.
Read More: Best App Lock Apps For Android
- This application converts to an app hider when the Audio Manager title is held and pressed long enough.
- It is capable of hiding photos, videos, messages, audio files, etc.
- It allows you to use a fingerprint lock. You can also back up your files with the help of cloud storage, although it is not up to the mark.
- You can also use the secret chat and private call feature of this app to maintain confidentiality.
- Ad interference is a common issue.
3. Gallery Vault – Hide Pictures And Videos
You can do much more with this app than just hide photos and videos.
- This application can enable you to hide the icon of the album itself, and nobody would know that the app exists except you.
- You can hide images, videos, audio files, and all encrypted files can be moved to the SD card.
- Fingerprint lock and break-in alerts are supported by this app.
- You can also show fake passwords and fake content with the help of this app.
4. Hide Pictures and Videos
This is another vault application for concealing your photos and videos.
- This app provides password protection to all your images and videos.
- You can also share pictures and videos using this app.
- You can also have access to online backup services, which is free and can initiate automatically.
- Along with the above-said features, it also has multiple fake vaults.
- The app is capable of capturing images of people who try to gain access to the app with wrong password entry attempts.
5. Calc Vault
This is another great app hider program available for Android devices.
- You get the provision to lock your apps along with the prime feature of concealing your precious pictures and videos. A fingerprint lock facility is also available.
- The albums icon is disguised in the form of a G-scanner symbol.
- You can also get access to the private browsing feature.
- The app can also click an image of someone who is trying to enter the wrong password to see your photos or use any other app on your device.
6. App Hider – Hide Apps Hide Photos Multiple Accounts
This application is an app cloner besides hiding important messenger apps, photos and videos for you. It can turn into a Calculator and disguise the App Hider itself.
- This app looks like a calculator that other people can’t recognize as an app hider.
- You can clone the apps that you wish to hide and then delete the original app from the device. You can then launch the cloned app in the App Hider to use it like your original app.
The most widely used app with availability in 50 countries in 45 languages.
- Performs by vanishing pictures from albums, which can also be visible in the vault of Applock.
- You can also lock FB, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, SMS as well as Contacts list.
8. Dialer Vault – AppHider
This app has the name Calculator+ for checking phone system settings and Dialer Vault for checking recent apps.
- You can hide all kinds of apps, pictures, and videos with this application.
9. Secret Photo Vault
Designated as the best iPhone app of 2019, it can protect your photos and videos with the help of a password.
Read More: Best Free Video Sharing Sites Like YouTube
- The password can be in the form of a passcode, PIN, or even you can use your fingerprint.
- The app encryption is as secure as military-grade.
- This app has an aesthetic user interface.
10. Vault – Hide Photos & Videos
Compatible on both Android and iOS platforms with almost 100 million downloads, this app hider can be used to hide photos, videos as well as lock apps.
- You can hide your images and videos as well as lock the apps enabled with password protection.
- There is a call reminder feature to notify you about calls.
- You can back up data with cloud storage feature.
- You get a private browsing facility also.
11. Private Photo Vault
This is another well-known choice to protect your pictures and videos with this password encrypted app hider.
- This vault app can protect your videos and photos with the help of PIN and password. You can choose to protect individual apps along with restricted app entry.
- Provision of decoy password helps to open completely different photos if, by chance, anyone demands to see your private pics. This can further ensure that your privacy is not compromised.
- You can also get a break-in report, which is GPS controlled. This way, you can identify who might have been trying to take a sneak peek by recognizing the location in which someone might have tried to gain unauthorized access to your photos. It can also take pictures of such people.
- You can also customize the album covers.
12. Apex Launcher
These kinds of apps work in a slightly different manner when compared to the vault or calculator kind of apps. After installing launchers in your device, they can completely change the interface of the device.
- You can lock a wide variety of apps along with gallery concealment within secure folders that can only be accessed with the help of a password and fingerprint lock.
- The hidden apps no longer appear in the app lists.
- The application offers great customization features for changing your phone’s interface and also apply fanciful transition effects.
- You can also customize the app lock mode and lock duration.
13. Nova Launcher
You can get a new look at your home screen along with hiding sensitive apps.
- This launcher app comes with exciting features like backup and restore, night mode and dark theme, and customizable themes for app icons, page effects, etc.
14. Locker: Hide Photos, Hide Apps
If you’re looking for an easy to use app to hide your personal photos and videos from other people, then Locker app is strongly recommended. Below are some of the powerful features that make it one of the best apps to hide photos and apps.
- It allows you to move your home screen apps into a safer location called ‘Locker’.
- You can protect your ‘Locker’ using a password, fingerprint, or Face ID lock.
- You can write personal notes directly right inside your protected locker application.
15. Safe Lock
Safe Lock is a fast, intuitive, and easy to use application, designed specifically for iPhone users to ensure their personal information remains private. Unlike other app hiding apps mentioned on this list, Safe Lock offers a private vault only to keep your photos and videos secure from spying individuals.
- Allows you to protect files using an array of locks: PIN-code, DotLock, Face ID, Fingerprint, etc.
- Wi-Fi file transfer, cloud, and dark mode support
- Allows you to watch your secret photos and videos via slideshow.
Final Words: Best Apps to Hide Apps 2020
If you want to hide confidential files, private moments of your life captured as photos and videos or any other apps which may provide access to sensitive data stored in your Android or iPhones, then try one of the best app hiders to hide apps from the above-mentioned list discussed in this article.
Did you find any of the aforementioned hiding apps helpful? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!