Users Can Now Ask Alexa to Book a Doctor’s Appointment in Apollo Hospitals
Users in India can now ask Alexa-enabled smart home devices to book a doctor’s appointment in Apollo Hospitals.
Apollo Hospitals recently announced the launch of their Amazon Alexa Skill – Ask Apollo, a voice-based app to help users find the nearest Apollo Hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, diagnostic services and schedule appointments with doctors of their choice using simple voice commands.
Apollo is one of the largest hospital chains in India with access to over 4,000 super-specialty and multispecialty doctors spread across 72 hospitals throughout the country.
Developed by MobiSprint Consulting, Ask Apollo skill would provide patients a digital platform with greater accessibility to remote healthcare services.
Users can now add the “Ask Apollo” skill to all Amazon Echo devices such as Echo Show, Echo Plus, and Echo Dot, and simply ask Alexa to schedule doctor appointments in any of the Apollo hospitals or clinics.
Users can also book health check packages, diagnostic, and pathology tests through voice commands by customizing the skill.
Sangita Reddy, the joint managing director of Apollo Hospitals Group said, “The mass adoption of artificial intelligence in the lives of people has fuelled the shift towards voice applications and the number of IoT devices have given voice assistants more utility in a connected user’s life”.
“With our Alexa skill, Apollo Hospitals has become the first and largest healthcare group in India to power voice-assisted hospital search and appointment booking. We will be adding more features to the skill in the near future,” added the MD.
This skill can be accessed via the ‘Ask Apollo’ app available on both Android and iOS.
Key Features of ‘Ask Apollo’ – Consult Doctors, Order Medicines
- Book an appointment: With this easy-to-use app, you can effortlessly arrange an appointment with any of the 4000 Apollo doctors (Gynecologists, Dermatologists, Oncologists, Cardiologists, General Surgeon, etc.)
- Virtual consult: You can consult with your doctor virtually through video conferencing or talk with them via email or voice call.
- Order medicine online: You can buy your medicines online from the nearest outlets of Apollo Pharmacy.
- Health checkups: You can book health checkups/diagnostic tests near you at Apollo diagnostic centers instantly with a few taps of your finger.
- Homecare: With Ask Apollo app, you can get access to Apollo’s finest medical experts and schedule a homecare visit without any hassle.
Read More: This Company is Offering $1000 to Not Open a Mystery Box
The major goal of this initiative is to connect the millions of patients to India’s most trusted healthcare network. Through Ask Apollo, patients can remotely book an appointment with a doctor of their choice and avail instant consultation by specialists based on the ailment.
This ‘Ask Apollo’ skill aims to save the patients from the hassles of waiting in long queues and traveling to the hospital or clinic.
Image Source: App Store