You might have felt disheartened by your recent discovery that Windows 10 does not host any inbuilt DVD player. It is true that Microsoft decided to drop the Windows Media Player from the Windows 10 console and instead brought out a paid DVD player software app that costs $15, by the name, Windows DVD player available on Microsoft Store.
Luckily, there is a wide variety of free DVD player software in 2021, available online that can be installed comfortably and is in sync with Windows 10.
We have scooped several apps and compiled a well-curated list of DVD players that you should try in 2021.
Top Free DVD Player Software for Windows 10 In 2021
Out of the plethora of options available in the current marketplace, we’ve shortlisted the best DVD players to help you make the right choice. Here they are:
VLC Media Player, a DVD Player for Windows 10 has established itself as a unique versatile media player in the past two decades. It is basically a beautiful cross-platform app and works well with Macs, PCs, and Linux and Smartphone computers. VLC Media Player is absolutely trustworthy and can play all your DVD and Blu-ray discs with ease.
Whether it is a DVD, VCD, Audio CD, or a Blu-Ray disc you can always choose from the Open Disc option of the player’s Media menu.
- VLC Media Player Option offers you the basic video editing option.
- VLC Media Player has a strong subtitle syncing tool.
- VLC Media Player is the most promising media player in the market.
- It is freely available for all PC and Mac users.
- Limitation in playing the 4K or 8K resolution video files; you need VLC 3.0 Vetinari update on the media player.
If you want to play Blu-ray and DvD discs, Leawo Blur-Ray player can help you immensely as a free DVD player for Windows 10. But, you will not be able to play videos with a resolution of more than 1080p. It would help you watch or listen to your Blu-Ray discs on Windows 10. Selection of an audio or video file or addition of subtitles is quite easy. If the subtitles are not part of the original video, you can search the player’s subtitle library to find out the built-in subtitles.
- This Blue-ray player has amazing options for audio decoding.
- It is quite compatible with the several versions of Windows OS.
- Media control menu is highly intuitive.
- You can simultaneously add on multiple files.
- It does not support options of advanced audio & video playback.
3. 5K Player
5K Player is another free DVD player software and it has some very rich options and an extremely friendly interface. This player has some great features including the video cutting abilities, Airplay support, and a variety of different formats like 4K, HEVC, HDR, and H.264 8K and so on.
It can recognize and play Dolby digital or DTS multi-channel surround sounds in multiple file formats like MP3, WMA, FLAC, or AAC. This 5K Player also has a radio player and supports various subtitle file formats.
- You can download from Facebook, Dailymotion, YouTube or Vimeo video content.
- The screen capturing tools are outstanding.
- Streaming of videos is amazing.
- A 5K player can support a wide range of audio and video files.
- 5K Player does not support Blu-ray files.
GOM is one of the most fantastic DVD players for Windows 10 in 2021.
It allows you to play videos in different resolutions and can work on varied file formats. GOM can allow you to play 360 degrees VR videos. Automatic search of subtitles is possible with GOM Media Player. You can also try to upgrade to the paid version of GOM media player if you do not like ads being played in between your Videos and audio files.
Read More: Best Free DVD Burning Software For Windows
Let us look at a few pros and cons of the GOM Media Player.
- System requirements are less.
- User-friendly installation process.
- It works over a broad platform of audio and video files.
- It provides a rich subtitle library.
- For Blu-ray discs, you need more codecs.
5. Pot Player
Windows 10 happily supports Pot Player, a substitute DVD player for Windows 10. Pot Player is loaded with all the Codecs that are essential for different multimedia files. Pot Player supports subtitles from SRT, SMI, Blu-ray, and VOB. It also supports different types of 3D glasses apart from playing DVDs and Blu-ray audio CDs.
- It is completely harmonious with TV, DVD and HDTV.
- You can bookmark various chapters on PotPlayer.
- You can experience a unique 3D view.
- Open Codec support is complete in itself.
- Playback options for audio could have been more standard.
In addition to the list, here is Windows DVD Player one of the best DVD player software that lets you play your favorite movies and videos from DVDs on your computer. With Windows DVD Player, you can watch both commercial and homemade DVDs in the video format. You can watch videos without any sort of hindrance. However, the only shortcoming is that – Windows DVD Player offers only a 7-day free trial with limited features. So, you need to buy its pro version to enjoy the ultimate features endlessly.
Read More: Best Free DVD Ripper Software for Windows 10
- Just insert the discs into the DVD player and enjoy your favorite clips.
- Tools offer simplistic control for disc navigation.
- Compatible with both commercial and homemade DVDs.
- Quick access and more active DVD loading.
- You can’t watch movies during the 7 days of a free trial.
- Doesn’t compatible with Blu-ray discs.
To close it, we can say that these 6 best DVD player software would help you immensely and can perfectly suit Windows 10 OS. Trust me, there is absolutely no need to spend a single penny on a paid version for your DVD player.
These aforementioned free DVD players for Windows 10 are enough to fulfill all your multimedia streaming requirements. So, what are you waiting for? Download any of these media players now and enjoy a cinema-like experience from the comfort of your home.