Wondering which is the best DVD burning software for Windows 10 to burn data on the DVD?
Burning data on DVD is certainly old school but still in use because of advantages like the longest data storage capability, thereby serving as an indispensable backup medium to store important data files for a longer period of time.
Earlier Windows DVD Maker used to support basic disc burning functions but this facility is unfortunately no longer available.
With the advent of technology, best free DVD burning software has been developed that can offer the disc burning function along with other advanced features. From the ocean of apps, you can select a software that is compatible with the OS of your PC, supports a huge range of video formats, and also suits your other needs.
Therefore, to help you find the right tool, we have curated a list of the 13 best DVD burning software in this article.
List of Best DVD Burning Software For Windows PC
With the best DVD burner software, you can easily burn audio, image, and video files to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs and store them securely for a long time.
Compatibility:- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
If you are looking for the best DVD burning software with efficient features and enhanced data editing capability, then go for BurnAware Free. Users can write all types of files such as digital photos, documents, archives, music, and videos to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs.
Read Also: Best Free DVD Ripper Software for Windows 10
- It lets you create high-quality bootable and multisession discs.
- The tool can also help in extracting audio tracks.
- You can erase and verify data easily.
- Copy and backup discs, and burn ISO images with this tool.
- It can even recover data from the multi-session or unreadable discs.
- Easy and Clean interface
- Absolutely free for personal use
- Over-loaded with lot of ultimate options to burn files
- Not free for commercial use
- Connects with third party software
Compatibility:- Windows 7, 8, 10 and Linux
Our next pick is AnyBurn in the list of best free DVD burning software for Windows 10 as it is one of the best freeware available in the market.
This tool is light on resources, yet it doesn’t deter it from supporting some professional features that are difficult to find even in some other significant freeware tools.
- Has a responsive UI.
- Supports burning all kinds of disc types and all sorts of formats.
- Available in a fully functional portable version.
- Lets you burn folders, files, images, etc.
- Ad free
- Lightweight DVD burning software
- 100% free for both home and business use
- You can easily convert disc image files between numerous formats easily and quickly
- Sometimes lags in terms of working
- Not the best interface
Compatibility:- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and Windows 2000
This is an excellent free DVD burning software for Windows. It has a simple, multi-language UI and is lightweight. There is an in-built music player and also lets you add tracks directly to the compilation list without the need to rip them first.
- The tool supports burning DVDs, CDs, Blu-ray discs, and HD DVDs.
- It lets you burn and create ISO files to CD.
- It supports rewritable discs and is capable of verifying data after completing the burning process.
- The tool can also burn various types of file formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, OGG, etc.
- Supports many disc formats
- Completely free to use for everyone, even for companies as well
- Equipped with lots of good features
- Compatible with multi-session discs
- Interface looks outdated
- Video burning capacity is not so good enough
Compatibility:- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
We have included InfraRecorder as our next tool in the list of best DVD burners because it lets you rewrite disks in more than one way. With an interactive and simple UI, you can use this tool very easily. Let us take a closer look at its offerings and features:
- You can record audio in WAV, WMA, OGG, and MP3 formats.
- Includes support of dual-layer discs.
- Lets you create ISO files of DVDs and CDs.
- You can erase rewritable discs with 4 different methods.
- Quick access and easy control
- Free to use
- Has the full support for dual-layer discs
- Lacks the advanced features
Compatibility:- Windows 10, 8, 7 and Linux
This is the best free DVD burning software for Windows 10 as it comes with a lot of menu templates. It doesn’t support audio and focuses completely on the creation of video DVDs. It is also enabled with cross-platform capability and is a Linux-based open-source freeware.
- The DVDStyler installer comes with a copy of Avast Free Antivirus.
- You can create DVD menus easily with DVDStyler.
- You can customize the background, text, images, etc.
- Easy to use interface
- Has a complete support for multi-core processor
- You can change the color, font size, font style and other parameters of graphic objects and buttons
- Not good enough for professionals
Compatibility:- Windows 10
The DVDs burned with the help of this best free DVD burning software for Windows 10 usually have a high output quality. It is enabled with a powerful in-built video encoder.
It also lets you add subtitles and can help you set the aspect ratio accordingly. This tool can help create video DVDs and burn data files into discs.
- It can easily convert video files into VOB format.
- It also helps to collect a number of VOBs to make a complete DVD with menus.
- WinX DVD Author offers a built-in tool to download videos from YouTube.
- This tool also supports basic video editing activities like trimming.
- With this, you can design menus and add subtitles
- Quick access and extremely easy to use
- You can use it at no cost
- Accurate and stable
- Can’t create an ISO file
Compatibility:- Windows 7, 8, 10
You can do plenty of tasks with this best DVD burning software like you can burn and rip audio CDs, data discs, video discs, and Blu-ray discs.
It also comes with a scratch protection facility to create data discs which will remain readable even after sustaining scratches and tampering. The built-in compression helps to compress files easily.
- It is enabled with an in-built video editor.
- You can also store and create password-protected backups of your data on discs and external drives.
- It also lets you burn HD and Full HD movies (720p and 1080p) completely free of cost.
- You can burn multiple formats at a same time
- Runs fast
- Interface is quite complex for beginners
- Free version has limited access
Compatibility:- Windows 10
Being another free DVD burning software for Windows, this program is available as a portable app that makes it easy to be carried on USBs and used across various systems.
Read More: Best Free DVD Player Software for Windows 10
- It can be used to burn data CDs, audio CDs, DVDs, and bootable discs.
- This application can help create multiple disk copies.
- It also helps to handle external as well as internal CD/DVD writers.
- Can burn CDs, Audio CDs, DVDs, and even a bootable discs
- You can make multiple disc copies
- Little bit tricky for newbies
- Not compatible with the older versions of Windows
Compatibility:- Windows 10, 8, 7
This best free DVD burning software has been in business for quite a long time and is highly suitable for professional use. This software has an intuitive interface with advanced features. The burning process is very fast with this tool.
- It can be used to copy CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- It offers a SecureDisk feature with password/digital signature protection.
- The DiscSpan feature allows spreading excess content into other discs.
- The app also offers tech support via live chat.
- Easy and fast access
- Has a loads of DVD burning options
- Highly capable to burn every kind of media and file
- The interface seems outdated
- No free version available
Compatibility:- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista and macOS.
This is a complete solution for mitigating all DVD related issues and hence we have put it in our list of best DVD burner software. With an attractive UI, you can use this tool to burn videos in 150 formats to DVD/Blu-ray disc/folder/ISO, etc. It is ideally a video converter tool that helps in burning CDs and DVDs.
- It allows you to edit DVDs with the built-in video editor like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, and also adding subtitles.
- It also supports burning music to CD.
- You can burn the data disc for backup.
- Attractive user-interface
- Equipped with built-in video editor
- Backup and Restore functionality
- Can burn videos in more than 140 formats
- Complicated interface for beginners
If you are still in search of a free DVD burning software for Windows, then IMGBurn is worth trying as it burns data and files instantaneously. The application is also capable of verifying if a disc is 100% readable and it can also be used to compare an image file to ensure if the data is correct or not.
Read More: Best Windows 10 Customization Software
- It also supports Unicode folder/file names.
- It supports discs with different sorts of formats.
- With advanced features, the tool can be customized easily.
- Simple and ease navigation
- Can be accessed by anyone
- No extra features
- Not so good interface for professionals
12. True Burner
Compatibility:- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
This is an easy-to-use free DVD burning software for Windows that can burn standard and multisession CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs. It is a lightweight app with an attractive interface.
It is capable of checking written files and discs for errors and can also erase rewritable CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs effortlessly.
- It supports burning bootable CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- You can create data, audio, and video discs easily.
- The tool is easy-to-use.
- Can burn multisessions and standard DVDs, CDs, or Blu-ray discs
- Lightweight application
- Highly capable of validating discs for errors
- Absolutely free for personal use
- The interface looks outmoded
- For company use, you need to buy its professional version
Compatibility:- Windows XP, Vista, 10, 8 and 7
This super-fast, user-friendly best free DVD burner tool burns audio, video, and data files to CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
Read More: How to Update Drivers
- It is enabled with a myriad of advanced features for automation.
- Supports integration with other applications.
- It also supports dual-layer DVD/Blu-ray burning.
- Extremely fast
- Directly drag & drop files into the application
- Highly compatible with dual-layer DVDs
- Might confuse the newbies
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does Windows 10 offer a DVD burning software?
Yes, Windows 10 includes an in-built CD/DVD burning feature in the File Explorer. The File Explorer pops open as soon as you insert the DVD, CD, pen drive into the system.
You can burn MP3, WMA, WAV, AVI, MP4, MKV, WMA, FLV, etc. files into the DVD disc with the File Explorer.
Q2. Can Windows Media Player be used to burn a DVD?
With Windows Media Player, you can certainly burn DVDs but the only limitation is that it can only be played on computers and DVD players that support such file types which you have burned into your disc.
You have hopefully found the best DVD burning software for Windows from this article that can help you perform the day-to-day tasks easily.
You can also take help of the File Explorer in Windows to burn files into discs. However, third-party DVD burner freeware offers plenty of customized advantages with a myriad of features and benefits.
Do let us know if you have any other suggestions for free burning software that we might have missed to mention in the article above.