Internet is a weapon that can be used to shape the future for your child but it can be misused as well. While kids do get to learn about many things but they get influenced and distracted easily. The parental control software will help to keep a check on the activities to keep them on the right track.
There are many software available in the market but we have found some of the most used and best parental control apps for you which can help you in monitoring each and every move of your child.
List Of 7 Best Parental Control Software/Apps In 2021
The below-listed 7 apps are selected on the basis of their performance and user satisfaction. Follow the blog till the end to find the best free parental control software.
The software availability on every device makes it the best parental control program. Qustodio offers a variety of tools that can help you in monitoring the actions. The software has two versions available including the free and paid version. The free version of the parental control program offers website blocking, time schedule, and usage monitoring. In the paid version the user will get SMS monitoring, App control, and Social media monitoring.
Read Also: Best Data Monitoring Apps For Android
- 30 days report of the usage available on the app
- 18+ content is blocked on the device with Qustodio
- The user can set and manage time for the apps and games
- Phone calls and SMS can be tracked on Android devices
- Parents can track the location of their children by using the ‘family locator’ option
2. OpenDNS FamilyShield
Open DNS Family shield is one of the best parental control software to keep your child protected from unwanted internet content. This software can be set up using the router, all the devices connected with the router can be monitored. It is free-to-use software but it offers limited tools in the free version. Users can opt to upgrade to the Pro version to avail all features and tools of the software.
Why OpenDNS Family Shield?
- Available in different packages, including the OpenDNS Family Shield (Free), OpenDNS Home (Free), OpenDNS Home VIP ($19.95/ year), OpenDNS Umbrella Prosumer ($20/ user)
- Settings can be applied on every gadget which can connect to the internet
- It not just protect your child but it also protects your gadgets from malware
Keeping track is easy when you have the KidLogger parental lock software. It keeps track of all activities which your kid is up to. It tracks the app usage, website surfing and also tracks the time. KidLogger is available in Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and Blackberry. The software can track the usage through various browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari.
Read More: Best Firewall Software For Windows 10/8/7
- Web history monitoring from every browser
- Periodically keeps taking screenshots of the screen for later analysis
- Time tracking and keeps the user updated with actual time spent
- Records keystrokes and texts entered
4. Spyrix Free Keylogger
Here is another great addition to the list of the best free parental control software. Spyrix Free Keylogger keeps track of apps and the keystrokes that are used by the kids. Whether it’s a chatting app or a search everything will be kept for tracking. The software offers website blocking in the premium version.
Why Spyrix Free Keylogger?
- Keeps track of apps and keystrokes
- Printer as well as clipboard control
- Keeps capturing screen without even letting the user know
- Compatible with every Windows device after Windows XP
5. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky is a popular name when it comes to antivirus and protection of your device. Now the company has introduced a Kaspersky Safe Kids best parental control software which will help the user to keep a track of the child’s usage. You can make a blacklist that will restrict kids to use it.
Read More: Best GPS Tracking Apps for Android & iPhone
Why Kaspersky Safe Kids?
- Monitoring location and battery is a unique feature of this software
- It keeps delivering alert when a blacklisted site is searched
- Keeps track of social media apps and their time consumption
6. Wondershare Famisafe
Wondershare Famisafe is one of the best parental control programs which allows the user to use the software on more than 30 devices. With this software, you can keep your children away from all the restricted and inappropriate content. It also monitors messages and images which are received from other devices.
Why Wondersahre Famisafe?
- Keeps track of app usage, messages, and images in the device
- The user can block and set a limit on the usage
- The software detects potential violence and cyberbullying
Bark is another one of the most widely-used and best parental control software to protect your children from all excess usage of social media apps. The software keeps track of Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube. Besides, this parental lock application also keeps a check on emails in Gmail and Apple. Bark offers a free 7 days trial to the user.
- The user can limit or block the app usage
- Keeps a track of activity for 24*7
- Track almost every social media app and activity
Concluding the Search of the Best Free Parental Control Software
Keeping track of your child is a disturbing task for you as well as for your child instead of manually checking on them. Use any of the aforementioned best parental control programs to keep the child safe 24/7. All the software above has the official website link. Click the link to download the software.