- A separate Group Chat Extension for Channel is launched by Telegram.
- With the newly introduced “Discussion Button” Chanel admins will be able to create extended groups of the channel officially.
- It will provide a platform to organizations to carry on their “pro-active conversations” with other participants.
What is Telegram?
Telegram is a multi-platform messaging service founded by Pavel Durov, a Russian entrepreneur in 2013. The app currently enjoys a massive user base of approximately 200 million monthly users. Its security level is its highlight feature and ensures that every chat is completely secured with end-to-end encryption.
This means that nobody from outside the conversation will be able to see what is being exchanged.
This Wednesday, the company announced that it is adding a special feature that will allow the admins to create a general discussion group for that particular channel. This feature will add more freedom to the general users to discuss and express their opinions on a particular chat or discussion group.
The newly added “Discussion Button” by Telegram is currently taking a lot of spikes. The feature will allow users to use a separate group chat extension which will work even on restricted channels.
Telegram in a press release said ‘With the new feature, admins will be able to create a separate chat section for various channels.’
It is usually seen that the chat platform used by big companies and organizations works on the concept of restricted access. This means that only a set of people can post news and information, while other participants do not have any right to actively post and share their viewpoints.
However, with the introduction of the new feature, participants will now be able to share their opinions on the existing channels and platforms. The “Discussion Button” will allow them to participate and initiate a conversation through a separate group chat on the existing channel.
So, if anyone posts a comment in the extended chat group, their comments will get automatically posted on the main channel. These messages will be visible to all participants.
This also works as a great platform to share and pick up feedback from higher management and other team members, which otherwise is not possible on a basic group chat.
The addition of the “Discussion Button” will also act as a great platform for people to get into pro-active conversations. The freshly introduced feature in Telegram will now allow people to actively interact on respective chats and groups. This will result in better exchange of ideas and information.
So, now that we are aware of the basic functioning and the Discussion Button feature, let’s learn how to set it up on your device.
Steps to Create a Discussion Chat Group on Restricted Channels:
- The main point to note here is that only the admin can set and activate the feature in existing channels.
- To set it up, the admin needs to choose the top-most button on the right-hand side of the channel.
- Next, select the “Manage Channel” button.
- Now choose the “Discussion Button”.
- Now select the “Add a Group” option and then choose to “Create a Group”.
- In the last step select the names on people you wish to add in the group chat forum.
The new feature will allow the proactive participants to communicate in an engaging way. This will result in the generation of valuable feedback amongest the participants and admins.