13 Best Free Spyware Removal Tools For Windows PC In 2022
Why do you need the best spyware removal tool? Well, you must have been aware of one of the oldest and pervasive forms of malware known as spyware. It is a type of malicious software that infiltrates the security vulnerable system and steals sensitive information like username, passwords, bank details, etc. without the knowledge of its owner.
It makes an entry into the targeted computer by disguising itself as a legitimate or authentic program, making it difficult to identify and remove.
Therefore, it is extremely important to have an advanced spyware removal tool installed on your Windows machine. These programs come with effective real-time protection that allows you to keep your Windows PC free from all visible or invisible malware threats.
There are a plethora of anti-spyware tools out there but choosing the ideal one for your Windows PC can be an extremely painstaking task. And if you don’t know how to shortlist the best one, no need to worry, we are here to help!
To make this tedious job a little bit easier, we have prepared a comprehensive list of the best spyware removal software to help you find the perfect one for your Windows computer.
Important: All the tools mentioned below not only check your computer for spyware or suspicious files but also help you prevent other forms of malware like viruses, ransomware, trojans, etc. from gaining access to your system.
Best Free Spyware Removal Tools For Windows 2022
Below are some of the best spyware remover utilities of 2022 that can help you protect your system from the latest computer viruses, malware, ransomware, and spyware attacks and restore a threat-free environment. Let’s jump right into the list:
1. IObit Malware Fighter
Don’t know how to remove spyware from your Windows 10 PC? But, want to keep your sensitive information away from spying individuals? In order to keep your digital life private, all you need is the best spyware removal tools for Windows 10.
IObit Malware Fighter is one such nifty tool that can help you keep your PC secure against all data safety threats, including Trojans, spyware, and ransomware.
- Fast and in-depth computer scanning
- Real-time malware and privacy protection
- Clears out cookies to keep your browsing activity safe
- Prevents suspicious programs from gaining unauthorized access
Verdict: The IOBit malware fighter has a clear yet fancy interface with multiple modes of scanning. The customer support of the tool is strong but the complete features are available only in the paid version of the malware fighter.
2. Malware Crusher
Many users have the question, ‘Which is the best anti-spyware software program?’ and the obvious answer to it is the Malware Crusher. It comes with a powerful real-time protection that prevents any malware or fraudulent entities from gaining access to your computer. Moreover, it creates a shield around your Windows PC against the most dangerous and next-gen malware threats, including spyware.
Also, Malware Crusher is an AppEsteem and Checkmark certified program that confirms its effectiveness in providing the best anti-malware protection.
Read More: Download Best Free Antivirus Protection for Windows
- Real-time protection to crush any sort of spyware infection
- In-depth scanning to detect suspicious behavior on your PC
- It detects and prevents keyloggers from recording your session data
- Keeps your browsing activity safe from spying entities
Verdict: With a user-friendly interface Malware crusher provides protection to your device in real-time. But some users reported false results by the tool. Moreover, the tool slows down the performance as it runs in the background.
3. Avast Free Anti-virus
Avast free antivirus constantly scans every corner of your PC and detects and removes all active malware infections before they become a major problem. From common network vulnerabilities and malicious computer viruses to zero-day threats, Avast antivirus aims to provide complete system security solutions.
The beautifully designed, user-friendly interface and award-winning protection features make it an ideal spyware removal tool for Windows PC.
- Lightweight, fast, and powerful security solution
- Removes malicious program before they cause harm
- Digital privacy protection to keep your online identity safe
- Do Not Disturb mode to keep annoying popup ads away
Verdict: The interface of the tool is comprehensive with a lot of intuitive features. The breezy look of the spyware tool makes it a fantastic option. As the tool provides updates at timely intervals it remains amongst the top preference of users.
4. AVG Antivirus Free
AVG is another highly-rated antivirus program that also provides impressive protection against spyware, viruses and other latest threats. It is very easy to set up and use, plus has a simple user-friendly interface which is available in more than 20 languages including Japanese, Hungarian, Chinese, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Read More: Best Program Launcher For Windows 10
- Fast and accurate deep scans
- Blocks malicious email attachments and unsafe, third-party download links
- Protects your computer against the latest malware infections in real-time
- Free version supports Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices
Verdict: The tool has proved to be successful in removing the different types of malware and spyware. Although the scans take some time the results and benefits are worth waiting for.
5. Auslogics Anti-Malware
With more than 20 million users worldwide, Auslogics anti-malware currently ranks among the best Windows spyware removal tools. It runs a thorough scan of your computer and removes the cookies and privacy exposing items that track your online activity and collects your confidential information.
- Quick to install and has an intuitive interface
- Constantly checks your system for any potential security threats
- Allows you to quarantine suspicious programs so you can restore them whenever you need
- Comes with an automatic scan that you can schedule as per your requirement
Verdict: The security tool is designed in a way to protect your device against a large range of threats present online. Although the tool detects many threats that can harm your device but to resolve these threats you must purchase the Pro version of the tool.
You can’t talk about the best free anti-spyware tools for Windows without including SUPERAntiSpyware. As the name suggests, it is super-efficient when it comes to detecting and removing threats like spyware, ransomware, trojans, browser hijackers, PUPs, worms, and many more.
Read More: Best PC Optimizer Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
- Fast and lightweight program with easy to use interface
- Up-to-date, real-time protection against the most deadly malware threats
- Detects and prevent keyloggers from monitoring your activity
- Blocks suspicious programs before they perform any malicious activities
Verdict: The Super AntiSpyware makes a great choice as an addition to the existing antivirus tool for your device. The usage is simple with effective results to find the threats and enhance the performance of your device.
7. Comodo Anti-malware
BOClean Anti-Malware from Comodo is another prominent spyware removal software that comes with many award-winning security features to help you keep your computer safe from the most dangerous and emerging data safety threats.
- Lightweight app that doesn’t consume much of PC resources
- Detects any suspicious or malware related activity on your computer
- Protects your PC against spam proxies and relays attacks
- Clears out invalid registry entries
Verdict: The anti-malware tool Comodo is robust and provides complete protection from potential threats of all kinds. The interface is easy to use and offers complete control over scanning. Moreover, the tool takes complete reign when something seems dicey for your PC.
SpywareBlaster is one of the best anti-spyware software programs developed by Brightfort. It comes loaded with top-notch security solutions that prevent the installation of spyware and other harmful malware infections. So, if your computer is suffering from spyware infection, give this utility a try.
- Fast, effective and easy to use application
- Blocks spying cookies and pop-up ads from recording your browsing activity
- Blocks the suspicious third-party websites and potentially unwanted programs
Verdict: The spyware tool is available for free and is an effective option to block spyware from your browsers. However, the SpywareBlaster is incompatible with Google chrome and can do nothing about the currently existing threats in your PC.
9. Xvirus Anti-Malware
It is another easy-to-use application designed to help you keep your computer free from all threats. The combination of powerful real-time protection and the impeccably-designed interface makes Xvirus Anti-Malware one of the best free spyware removal tools for Windows.
Read More: Best Firewall Software For Windows 10/8/7
- Easy to use and setup
- Protects your computer from all forms of malware, including ransomware and adware
- Compatible with antivirus suites
- Free version is completely free of popup ads
Verdict: The tool is available in small file size and updates itself automatically whenever the latest updates are released. Detects almost all sorts of threats that are known with custom scanning modes. But the process of scanning is comparatively slow.
It’s still an effective solution, especially if you’re looking to keep hackers away from collecting and misusing your personal and financial information. With the help of Spybot, you can stop spyware, adware, ransomware and other malicious programs from gaining access to your system.
- Simple and easy to use product
- Avoids suspicious, unsafe websites
- Offers complete security solutions against the latest malware threats
Verdict: The tool Spybot is an effective one in eliminating malware with additional other tasks to keep your PC clean from any sort of malware. However, the interface of the tool is a little complicated hence it is challenging for new users and preferred only by advanced level users.
11. Trend Micro HouseCall
Keeping the device safe is really important but with the changing threat, it gets tough to fight them. But the HouseCall spyware removal tool is advanced software that can protect your Mac, Windows, and Android devices from threats easily. The software doesn’t require any installation, the user can scan the device without disturbing the disk space.
Scanning through the software is easy, the user just has to click the ‘Scan’ option for a full scan. You can also change the setting and choose a destination for the scan.
Read More: 7 Best Parental Control Software/Apps
- Smart scan of the device to keep you safe and protected
- User can scan for the particular disk or folder as well
- Recover files easily
- Available in Mac, Window, and Android
Verdict: The tool is portable and requires no installation. Also, it allows selective scanning which is a plus. However, the scans are required to be run manually and automatic scans are not possible.
12. Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK)
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a portable spyware removal tool that can remove the already existing spyware as well. With the scan, the user can delete all types of malware like worms, keylogger, and adware. The user can save disk space and use this software without even installing it. You need to have Windows 7 or a later version to use this software.
- Emergency kit for the infected PC protection
- Portable scanner
- Award-winning results
- Custom scan for specific folders
Verdict: The tool can work in the command line and portable mode too. Supports the custom scan and is well known to identify threats more than normal spyware. However, a drawback of the tool is it doesn’t allow you to schedule scans.
13. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Another popular option for spyware removal software comes from Kaspersky. With the help of this tool, you can prevent malware infections like viruses, spyware, ransomware, and crypto lockers from breaching your system’s defenses. Here are some of the notable specifications of Kaspersky Anti-Virus software.
- The program is very easy to use and configure
- Provides real-time antivirus protection
- Prevents crypto mining malware infections
- Guards your computer against spyware, ransomware & more
- Minimal impact on your system battery life
Verdict: The Kaspersky anti-virus tool helps in cleaning your device and improving the performance of your PC. Moreover, the tool also protects your PC from attempts of phishing or other websites that can be harmful.
Few Tips To Prevent Spyware Attacks In 2022
Below are some of the best security practices and prevention tips that you should follow in order to stay safe and secure your system:
- Use an advanced spyware removal tool to detect and remove privacy exposing items from your system.
- Always keep your computer’s operating system and other programs updated with the latest security patches and bug fixes.
- Never download freeware from suspicious and unsafe domains as they often contain other malicious programs.
- Do not click on pop-up ads or links you don’t trust. Hackers often use these luring offers or advertisements to redirect you to malicious websites and steal your sensitive information.
- Never download email attachments from an unknown or untrustworthy source.
- Make sure your computer and all other accounts are protected with a strong password. Also, enable multi-factor authentication (if available).
- Backup all your important files regularly to an external hard drive or cloud storage apps to prevent data loss.
So, this was all folks! The easiest solution to protect yourself from spyware and other malware threats is to use the best spyware removal tool for your Windows PC. Also, follow all the aforementioned internet safety tips to stay safe online and prevent the unwanted gathering of your valuable data.