macOS Big Sur: Know About Apple’s Macintosh Operating System
macOS Big Sur is the latest update to Apple’s macOS operating system. The new age OS was announced in June this year at the Worldwide Developers Conference.
Apple’s Macintosh operating system is all set to replace the macOS 10.15 Catalina. Apart from this it also ends the decades-old macOS version 10 and will be working on version 11. It has a lot to offer including class apart features like:
- Built-in translator for Safari
- Control Center.
- Maps overhaul.
- Design refresh
- Safari improvements and a revamped version of the Messages app.
macOS Big Sur | All That You Need To Know About Apple’s Macintosh Operating System
The public beta for the newly released version of macOS is already available for download, lets see what it has in store for all of us.
Mac is all set to have Face ID, Apple’s Macintosh Operating System is powered with the most loved and popular Face ID feature. You would need a True depth camera and a newly purchased device to enjoy Face ID on your Mac Device.
Newly Added Features in macOS Big Sur
Here some of the incredible features that come along with macOS Big Sur
macOS Big Sur has a lot to offer, and an optimized version of Safari tops the list for us.
- It comes in a revamped design with an ability to work 50 times faster than the much loved Google Chrome.
- In addition to this, it is also powered with an intelligent password monitoring functionality that helps you manage multiple passwords and also assists you in generating new ones whenever required.
- What you also get is a privacy toolbar button which you can use to check the list of blockers trackers for over a month. In addition to this, it also gives you an option to add a Privacy report to your start page.
- It also gives an easy way to manage third party extensions and also lets you change Chrome extensions into Safari extensions for a seamless experience. You will also be able to check the extension in the APP Store along with a brief description.
- Apple’s Macintosh OS has also optimized the Safari’s start page UI for a better experience. You will be able to translate foreign language websites into English, French, German, Chinese, and many other languages.
The Messages app has been completely redesigned in the newly released macOS Big Sur. Based on iOS 14 it allows you to pin conversations that means you can pin a specific conversation at the top for better access. In addition to this, you also get access to several designing options including message effects and Memojis. You will be able to form customized Memojis.
What is also got is an improved group messaging functionality that will allow us to have better control over big chats and an efficient search engine.
Just like iPad OS14 and iOS 14, you can now enjoy widgets on your macOS Big Sur windows screen. Unlike earlier times you will now be able to access multiple apps directly from your home screen. You can place different widgets at different times on your screen like the evening news, morning weather report, and much more.
macOS Big Sur maps have been redesigned to bring the world to your home screen. You can now enjoy 360-degree views with its Look Around feature. Explore new places, nearby restaurants, parks, and share them with your friend with its highly efficient guide.
If you wish you can also use it to check out the indoor maps and layouts of major shopping centers and airports.
Refined User Interface in macOS Big Sur
With the Macintosh Operating System, Apple has finally tried to fill in the interface inconsistencies between its desktop OS and smartphones. The newly designed OS comes with a lot of shading, depth, and translucency and is richer and vibrant said Alan Dye in WWDC20. Alan Dye is the Vice President of the Human Interface division.
- You will get a much cleaner and organized version of the Sidebars and Toolbars now.
- The buttons which are not in use will disappear to give you a cleaner desktop view.
- In addition to this, icons of built-in apps have also been modified to resemble the iOS icons.
- You will also get a floating version of the Dock that displays the icons on the screen.
- The Menu bar has also been updated with a cleaner and spacious look.
- What you also get is a Control Center with the Menu bar which will allow you to control the display brightness, sound volume, network connectivity, etc.
- The size of the Notification bar has also increased and the sound system has also been refined for better user experience.
Read Also: Best Free Mac Cleaner Apps in 2020
The Photos app is probably the most used application in any computer system or smartphone and the same goes for Mac. The recently launched Apple’s Macintosh Operating System comes with a fully loaded and redesigned version of Photos app for you.
It has a lot of editing tools that can help you optimize the Portrait lighting, vibrance effect, and will also allow you to adjust the intensity of filters. You will also be able to add captions to your images. In addition to this, the Retouch tool will help you get the best out of your photos.
With macOS Big Sur you will be able to pin notes, expand and collapse them as per your requirements. It also allows you to add different text styles to add on to the overall functionality of your Notes.
As history says Apple usually launches its new OS in September or October but this year due to COVID 19 Pandemic it might be delayed. However, if you want, you can try its beta version right now.
- Developers can have its Beta version by registering with developer.applo.com
- Home users can access it by signing in to Apple Beta Software Program Website.