This is a step-by-step HP laptop drivers download & update guide for Windows users. Here you get to know how to download HP laptop drivers for free on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
If you have recently ended up facing problems on your HP laptop then perhaps it is time for you to update HP drivers. Not only will this keep your laptop in optimal running condition, but it can also help you trim unnecessary spending on potentially expensive problems.
In this article, you’ll know the reasons why you need to update your laptop HP software and drivers, how to install manual updates, and how to use automatic third-party software to perform the task in a jiffy. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Reasons Why You Need to Update HP Laptop / Notebook Drivers
There are plenty of problems that give enough reasons to install HP drivers update timely on your laptop. If the drivers HP are outdated, you may end up facing several glitches while running operations on your Windows laptop that can obstruct the overall performance and create a mess. Here are the major reasons to keep your HP laptop driver up to date:
- If you are facing slowdown issues on your Windows laptop and are unable to run any function at the best of its speed then you can check up on the HP driver update. An outdated driver can lead to frequent freezes, crashes, overheating, laggy gameplay, and several other unwanted errors that waste your time.
- Outdated drivers on HP laptops can have a major impact on the performance of your hardware devices and peripherals like graphics cards, printers, Bluetooth, speakers, and many others. You may end up fretting about the laggy printer, weak Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections, and even trouble optimizing the gameplay due to poor resolution and low quality of graphics.
- If your HP laptop driver is outdated then there may pop up the risk of security threats on your system. An outdated driver turns weak at some point and it paves in the way for hackers to access your system and exploit it so that they can easily collect/steal personal as well as browsing-related information and carry out their malicious activities. Thus, updating the driver versions becomes mandatory in order to keep your privacy intact.
How to Download HP Laptop Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7
In this section of our guide, we have elucidated both manual and automatic methods to perform HP laptop driver downloads and update on Windows 10 and previous versions of the OS.
Pro Tip: The manual process to update drivers on HP laptops can consume your time and require your patience as well as computer skills. Hence, we recommend you proceed with the automatic method if you want to update your drivers safely, without too much hassle.
1. Download or Update HP Laptop Drivers via Manufacturer’s Website (Manual)
You can head to the manufacturer’s official website to find the compatible drivers for your HP laptop. Here are the steps that you can follow in order to download and install the latest HP driver updates manually through the HP support center.
- Navigate yourself to your device manufacturer’s website. If you are using an HP laptop then you have to go to the HP support center and then select the Software and Drivers
- On the HP software and drivers download page, you need to select your product, i.e., Laptop.
- Next, you can either select Let HP detect your product option or you can type your laptop model name (for example, HP LaserJet P1102) in the search box and click Submit.
- Now, you have to select the operating system you are using.
- After that, you can download the latest update of the HP laptop driver you require for the system.
- Following the completion of the HP driver download process, run the setup file and follow the instructions provided by the wizard to install the update.
2. Download HP Laptop Drivers via Device Manager (Manual)
Windows Device Manager is another effective place through which you can manually download and install the latest HP laptop driver update. However, keep in mind that the process can be time-consuming and you may not always be able to find the newly-released updates.
- Search for Device Manager on your Windows and then, navigate yourself to there.
- You will now be able to view the list of devices and peripherals attached to your laptop. You have to take yourself to the device that you would like to update.
- In the next step, you have to right-click on the device you want to update the driver for and then select the Update driver or Update driver software
- Next, click on the Search automatically for updated driver software
- You will be given the instructions on the screen which you have to follow in order to install HP drivers for your laptop.
Once you have followed the instructions and installed the latest update, you must restart your laptop in order to complete the installation.
3. Download or Update HP Laptop Drivers via Bit Driver Updater (Automatic)
While you can always seek help from the manufacturer website or Device Manager in order to keep drivers on your HP laptop safe and sound and run operations smoothly, the slow pace and tiring process in this method can ruin your precious time as well as mood.
If you are not up for indulging in the aforementioned tech-like processes, then the best alternative you can escape into is using an automatic third-party software like Bit Driver Updater.
The software is considered the most competent driver updating tool available on the marketplace currently. It is capable of performing thorough driver scans and installing the latest WHQL certified driver updates automatically in just a couple of mouse clicks.
How to Use Bit Driver Updater?
Below are the simple steps you need to implement in order to install the HP driver updater using the Bit Driver Updater program.
- First, tap on the button provided below to download Bit Driver Updater.
- Once the software is downloaded, run it and click the Scan Drivers
- After the driver scan is complete, select the HP laptop driver you want to update, and then click the Update Now button available next to it.
Final Thoughts: HP Laptop Drivers Download for Windows 10/8/7
Through this post, we shared some quick and easy ways to download HP laptop drivers for free on Windows 10 and older versions of the operating system.
If you want to save yourself from getting into the tiring process of searching for driver updates and downloading them, then we recommend you to try Bit Driver Updater. The software automatically finds the latest version and runs the update which is the fastest way out there to get your HP laptop driver updated.
We hope the article was helpful. If you have any questions related to drivers or any opinions to add, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.