Xbox One controller is the ultimate game controller that you could lay your hands upon to play the most interactive virtual games on your computer. But when you connect the Xbox One controller to your PC and discover that you are not able to play your favourite games with the controller, then it might be disheartening for you.
If you are wondering what could be the reason, then there is a high possibility that the Windows 10 Xbox One controller driver is not installed on your computer. Yes, you read that right!
Though drivers automatically install in the Windows PC as soon as the Xbox One controller is connected to it yet at times it may not install on its own. So, this blog is going to help you when you have to get personally involved in installing the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
How to Download and Install Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10, 8, 7
In the below segment, let us focus on the ways to download, install, and update the Xbox One controller PC driver.
Way 1. Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver Using The Driver CD/DVD
Although an ancient method, yet sometimes it might come as a handy option for downloading and installing the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 7. If you have the driver CD or DVD for the Xbox One controller, then you can utilize the below steps to install it:
- Open the computer’s CD drive and insert the Xbox One controller driver CD/DVD in it.
- Launch “My Computer” on your Windows 7 PC.
- Double-click on the new CD drive to run it for installation. If it fails to launch, then double-click the “.exe extension” file from the CD directory.
- Keep navigating through the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 7.
Way 2. Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver With Windows Update
Another way of installing drivers on your computer is offered by Microsoft itself. So, we will proceed to using a Windows 10 built-in method for downloading the Microsoft Xbox One controller driver.
As Windows constantly checks for the latest available updates of various drivers and Microsoft applications, therefore you can conveniently utilize this method to get the right drivers for your PC. You can follow the below steps for the same:
- You have to first go to the Settings app of your Windows 10 PC.
- In the Settings window, we will find a number of options in front of us from which you have to click on Update & Security.
- Next, tap on Windows Update located on the side panel.
- On the main window, hit the Check for Windows button.
- Wait till the installation process of the Xbox One controller driver gets over and then reboot the computer.
Read Also: Best Game Booster for Windows PC
Way 3. Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver With Bit Driver Updater
Are you looking for a robust, timesaving, and reliable method to download and install Windows 10 Xbox One controller driver?
If so, then get the Bit Driver Updater tool immediately on your computer to help you download and install the Xbox One controller driver to play games on your computer with the controller hassle-free. The important steps for the same have been outlined below:
- Install Bit Driver Updater by clicking the download button.
- Then, hit the Scan button to initiate scanning and detection of missing drivers.
- After scanning is complete, then tap on the Upload button to initiate and complete auto-installation of Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
- Restart the system once to make the installation effective.
Read Also: Top Free Driver Update Program
Accomplished: Installation of Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10
Thus, we informed you about the manual as well as automatic methods of downloading and installing the Windows Xbox One controller driver. Going the automatic way has its various advantages but we would still be eager to hear from you which method worked wonders for you.
After installing the Xbox One controller PC driver with the help of the aforementioned methods, you can then enjoy your gaming session. Do follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletters. We also invite you to reach out to us by dropping your comments, suggestions, and queries in the comments box.