This post shares the quick and easy ways to download, install, and update Xbox One Controller driver on Windows 10, 8 and 7. Read on to know more.
Xbox One controller is the ultimate game controller that you could lay your hands upon to play the most interactive virtual games on your computer. But when you connect the Xbox One controller to your PC and discover that you are not able to play your favourite games with the controller, then it might be disheartening for you.
If you are wondering what could be the reason, then there is a high possibility that the Windows 10 Xbox One controller driver is not installed on your computer. Yes, you read that right!
Though drivers automatically install in the Windows PC as soon as the Xbox One controller is connected to it yet at times it may not install on its own. So, this blog is going to help you learn how to download Microsoft Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10 and install it step by step.
Highly Recommended Method to Download & Update Xbox One Controller Driver
Bit Driver Updater is the ultimate experts-recommended solution to perform the Xbox One Controller driver download task in just a matter of moments. It does not only helps update the outdated drivers but also accelerates the performance of your whole system. Get this magnificent tool for free, by clicking on the below download tab!
How to Download and Install Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows 10, 8, 7
In the below segment, let us focus on the ways to download, install, and update the Xbox One controller PC driver.
Way 1: Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver Using The Driver CD/DVD
Although an ancient method, yet sometimes it might come as a handy option for downloading and installing the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 7. If you have the driver CD or DVD for the Xbox One controller, then you can utilize the below steps to install it:
- Open the computer’s CD drive and insert the Xbox One controller driver CD/DVD in it.
- Launch “My Computer” on your Windows 7 PC.
- Double-click on the new CD drive to run it for installation. If it fails to launch, then double-click the “.exe extension” file from the CD directory.
- Keep navigating through the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the Xbox One controller driver for Windows 7.
Way 2: Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver With Windows Update
Another way of installing drivers on your computer is offered by Microsoft itself.
As Windows constantly checks for the latest available updates of various drivers and Microsoft applications, therefore you can conveniently utilize this method to get the right drivers for your PC. You can follow the below steps to download Xbox One controller driver and install it using the Windows built-in update functionality.
- You have to first go to the Settings app of your Windows 10 PC.
- In the Settings window, we will find a number of options in front of us from which you have to click on Update & Security.
- Next, tap on Windows Update located on the side panel.
- On the main window, hit the Check for Updates button.
- Wait till the installation process of the Xbox One controller driver gets over and then reboot the computer.
Read Also: Best Game Booster for Windows PC
Way 3: Get Microsoft Xbox One Controller Driver Using Device Manager
You can also make use of the Control Panel applet named Device Manager to manually download Xbox One controller driver and install it on your Windows laptop or desktop computer. You can follow the below steps for the same.
- Type device manager in the Windows search box near the Start button and select the Best match result.
- After the Device Manager opens, expand the “Microsoft Xbox One Controller” category by clicking on it.
- Right-click on the device and choose the “Update Driver Software” option from the context menu.
- Then, choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Now, wait for Windows to find and install the latest version of Xbox One controller driver for your device.
- After the completion of the installation process, restart your computer.
Way 4: Download & Update Xbox One Controller Drivers Automatically With Bit Driver Updater (Experts-Recommended)
Are you looking for a robust, timesaving, and reliable method to download and install Windows 10 Xbox One controller driver?
If so, then get the Bit Driver Updater tool to download Xbox One controller driver and install it on your computer so that you can enjoy smooth and hassle-free gameplay, always. The important steps for the same have been outlined below:
- Install Bit Driver Updater by clicking the download button.
- Then, hit the Scan button to initiate scanning and detection of missing drivers.
- After scanning is complete, then tap on the Update Now button to initiate and complete the auto-installation of Xbox One controller driver for Windows 10.
- Restart the system once to make the installation effective.
Read Also: Top Free Driver Update Program
Way 5: Download the Xbox One Controller Driver via Microsoft Update Catalog Site
The Microsoft Update Catalog website is a great place to download and install Xbox One controller drivers on Windows 10. Here are the steps you need to perform for the same.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Type Xbox controller driver in the search box and click on the Search button.
- Click the “Download” button next to the Xbox controller update you wish to download for your system.
- Follow some on-screen instructions to install the latest driver update for Microsoft Xbox One Controller for Windows.
Way 6: Update the Xbox Controller’s Firmware Using the Using Xbox Accessories App
You can also install the latest firmware updates for your Xbox One controller wirelessly through the Xbox Accessories app. Here are the step-by-step instructions for the same.
- First, you need to download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft store.
- After the application is installed, launch it and click on the three horizontal dots button to access more options.
- Click on the Firmware version box available on the top-left of the screen.
Note: If this Firmware version box says ‘no update available’, then it means you already have the latest firmware update installed for your Xbox One controller.
- Next, click the Update now button to begin the process.
- After the update process is finished, click the Close button.
Accomplished: Xbox One Controller Driver Download for Windows 10, 8, & 7
Through this article, we informed you about the manual as well as automatic methods to download, install, and update Xbox One controller drivers for Windows 10 and older editions. Going the automatic way has its various advantages but we would still be eager to hear from you which method worked wonders for you.
After installing the Xbox One controller PC driver with the help of the aforementioned methods, you can then enjoy your gaming session. Do follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletters. We also invite you to reach out to us by dropping your comments, suggestions, and queries in the comments box.