Xbox Emulators for PC have become the need of every professional gamer out there, however the process of emulating Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles is an extremely painstaking task.
The major reason behind the fiddly Xbox emulation is the presence of complex hardware and improper disclosure of information.
To help you enjoy Xbox games without any hurdle, we’ve compared hundreds of best Xbox emulators (and the worst!) to come up with the 9 definitive emulators for your PCs.
But, before we move on to the list, let’s first discuss about some of the major advantages of using Xbox 360 emulator.
Benefits of Using Xbox Emulators for Windows PCs:
Here are some of the attractive perks of using emulators for playing Xbox games on PCs:
- It gives you the ability to play a wide variety of Xbox 360 and Xbox One games.
- Amazing sound and audio effects.
- An immersive, full HD gaming experience.
- You don’t need to spend a fortune on them, they are absolutely free.
9 Best Xbox Emulators to Play Xbox Games on PC:
Although, there are myriads of emulators that facilitate you to play Xbox games on PC. Despite that, only a few deserve a mention on the list when it’s about being the best. Here’s a rundown of some of the best Xbox emulators of 2020 for gaming consoles:
The new VR Xbox 360 Emulator for PC is an absolute necessity to bring about the transformation and conversions of the console to PC. VR Box 360 Emulator requirements include Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, DX9 compatible GPU, dedicated solely to the working of VR Box 360 & Windows XP or above.
Key Features of VR Box 360 Emulator:
- Fast loading time for the game’s pause or resumes features.
- It can support all the NVIDIA/ Radeon GPUs.
- It can support SSE3/SSE4 processors.
- Memory consumption is extremely improved.
- Download availability is present with devoted user support.
- VR Box 360 Emulator has very light hardware.
- Bugs are regularly fixed and the VR Box 360 Emulator is updated on a regular basis.
- It is quite compatible on a broad range of PC hardware.
Read Also: Best Android Emulators For Windows in 2020
CXBX is another powerful Xbox emulator for PC that is available free of charge. This CXBX Emulator can be used to emulate both Xbox One and Xbox 360 games directly on your PC. There are only five games however, aided by the CXBX Emulators. This includes Futurama, Battle Cry, Smashing Drive, Whacked, and Turok.
Key Features of CXBX Emulator:
- It is capable of working with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- It has extremely easy executable files that help in swift and glib running of the games.
- It has a viewer built into the device and can run on Xbox pixel shaders.
- It offers support for WinNT (XP/2K/2003) computers.
Want to emulate Xbox 360 console games on PC? If your answer is yes, you should definitely try Xenia. Being an open-source software, it offers numerous standout features, making it one of the best Xbox 360 Emulators for PC.
The present version of Xenia is slow and requires a much better GPU, but overall it does a decent job considering it’s absolutely free to use.
Key Features of Xenia:
- Xenia can support Windows 10/8.1/8.
- It has an impressive UI that’s extremely easy to use.
- It also requires a graphic processing unit that is compatible with Vulkan completely.
- The Xbox emulator for Windows PC works smoothly and does not encounter any performance related problems.
- You can play almost 90 games.
This RetroArch Xbox 360 Emulator for PC runs on C and C++ to derive better gaming performance for your PC. If you are an avid gamer who settle for nothing but the best, RetroArch is an ideal option for you.
Key Features of RetroArch Xbox 360 Emulator:
- It has some of the most developed features that include netplay, next frame, response times, rewind shaders and many others.
- It is capable of working with Windows, Linux, Mac, along with some of the consoles that includes Playstation 3 and Xbox.
- It can always be used to connect various computers and consoles using the sleek interface.
Read More: Best Online Games for PC (Free and Paid)
Xeon Xbox Emulator for PC works on both Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles. It is capable of emulating the renowned NTSC version of Halo that’s what makes it a popular option across a wide spectrum of gamers.
Key Features of Xeon Emulator:
- Xeon Xbox emulator is capable of working with even games that require lower specification.
- It is compatible with DOS and Windows 8 operating systems.
- It helps in smooth running of the Xbox games.
- The hardware bears x86 compatibility and thus, you can write the emulation for it.
EX360E is another beautifully-designed Xbox 360 Emulator to help you enjoy a number of exciting games directly on Windows PCs.
It would require Windows 7 (64-bit Windows operating system) or higher OS.
Key Features of EX360E Emulator:
- It gives you the feeling of a riveting game play experience.
- There is no fear of a virtual environment. Even the Arcades games can be played well with this EX360E Xbox 360 emulator.
The Playstation 2 Xbox emulator can comfortably run on Windows and Linux. It is a free program and lets you enjoy the Xbox 360 console games on Windows PC. Windows 10 or GNU/Linux, 4 GB of RAM or more are a few recommended requirements to use it.
Key Features of PCSX2 Emulator:
- A limiter is built into the frame of the device that allows one to limit the speed of the game.
- It allows users to play a plethora of games.
- You can cheat via the pinch patching system.
- If you want to record fully in high definition, you can do so using the video recorder built into the system.
It is another open-source software, designed specifically for the original Xbox console. It works as a low level system emulator for Windows PCs. XQEMU Emulator can turn out to be a wonderful option since it actually emulates the real time hardware of the Xbox. To operate it, you would require the copy of the original Xbox stuff.
Key Features of XQEMU Emulator:
- It can support processor virtualization that can improve the performance of emulation.
- It uses low grade emulation.
- It offers support for almost 275 games, including Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Halo: Combat Evolved and Mercenaries.
Read Also: 8 Best iOS Emulators For Windows
DXBX is another well-known Xbox 360 emulator for PC. However, it only supports the 32-bit version of Windows that’s considered the main drawback, but apart from that, this is an excellent option to consider for playing Xbox games flawlessly.
Key Features of DXBX Emulator:
- Users can play a number of both Xbox 360 and Xbox One games.
- It comes with a powerful Direct3D8 engine that takes care of all graphics related work.
- It is compatible with all popular Windows operating systems.
Coming to an end
With the help of above emulators and their immense benefits, you can enjoy both Xbox 360 and Xbox One games directly on your Windows PC.
So, this brings our article to an end, I hope you’ve found a dedicated Xbox emulator for your PC.
Try these Xbox emulators and share your gaming experience with them in the comments section below.