Best free macro tracking apps help you with calculating macronutrients in your diet easily so that you can make healthier food choices to stay fit. Hence, you may go through this write-up to know about them.
Weight management is perhaps the most challenging task. No amount of gyming or other forms of exercise can help you manage your weight well unless you pay an equal emphasis on your diet. You must keep your macros balanced to make the most of your fitness regime. Since monitoring the macronutrients (grams of fat, carbs, or protein) in your diet is confusing if done manually, you may take the help of the best macro tracking apps to do it effortlessly.
Now, before looking at the best macro apps, you should clearly understand what macros are, why counting them is essential, and what to look out for in an application to count them. Well, let us answer all these questions in the coming sections.
What Are Macros
Macro means macronutrients. There are three macros, namely carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. A healthy balance of all these nutrients in your diet gives the required energy to your body so that it may function well. Whereas, unhealthy food choices with an imbalance between various nutrients adversely affect your weight and overall health.
Coming to why you should count macronutrients in your diet, we share the top ones in the following section.
Why Is it Essential to Count Macros
There are plenty of reasons you should count macros using the best macro tracking apps. Below we share the most significant ones.
- Get rid of stubborn fat
- Ensure you have lean muscle mass
- Keep your body energized
Now that you have enough knowledge about macros or macronutrients, let us look at what makes a good free macro tracking app.
What Is the Best Free Macro Tracking App
The following are the top qualities that make an application to count macros the best app for macro tracking.
- The app has a database of nutritional information to make scanning quick and easy
- Availability of a one-on-one coach to help you with creating customized healthy eating plans and macronutrients tracking
- The application comes with exercises and workouts to help you achieve your fitness goals
- Needless to say, the application should also have a significant number of success stories, i.e., positive user reviews.
The applications we share below have all or a majority of the above features. Hence, let us proceed to them without any further ado.
Also Read: Best Workout Apps For Android To Get A Fit Body
Best Macro Tracking Apps to Track Macros for Free
The following is a carefully curated list of the best macro tracking apps in 2023.
We feel it would be appropriate to begin listing the best macro tracking apps with MyFitnessPal. If you wish to tone up, reduce weight, have a lower BMI, or improve your overall health, MyFitnessPal helps you like a true buddy with many useful tools.
Moreover, the availability of a database of over 14 million foods is what makes MyFitnessPal one of the top free macro tracking apps. Furthermore, the following features also contribute to making it a popular choice among fitness enthusiasts across the globe.
Key features of MyFitnessPal
- Barcode scanning
- Meal saving
- Storing recipes
- 24*7 available live community
- Easy to use food diary
2. Macro Tracker- Keto Dieting App
Next comes Macro Tracker- Keto Dieting App. It is yet another free app to track macros you may use to keep macronutrients in check. Made by an enthusiastic person following a keto diet, the app provides an easy way to get the nutritional details of your keto foods.
Talking about features of Macro Tracker- Keto Dieting App, below is what makes it one of the best macro counting apps.
Key features of Macro Tracker- Keto Dieting App
- Easy custom food inputting
- Option to change weight when entering a saved food
- Automatic tracker update according to the selected weight
3. Food & Macro Tracker By Fittur
If you are interested in real-time tracking of macronutrients, Food & Macro Tracker By Fittur is among the best macro tracking apps you may use for free.
Many features like adjustments for serving size make Food & Macro Tracker By Fittur one of the top names on this list of the best free macro tracking apps. Below we share some highlights of this application.
Key features of Food & Macro Tracker By Fittur
- Easy-to-understand displays
- Automated calculations
- Day’s meal planning
- Finger-swipe controls
- Custom tracking for special health conditions
- Macro calculator for recipes
- Water tracking
- Timer for intermittent fasting
- Macro statistics tracking and customization
- Weight charts
Lifesum is a savior if you often find yourself struggling to get tasty yet macro-balanced recipes. This one of the best macro calculator apps offers an extensive meal plan library along with recipes that fit all types of diets.
Moreover, it has a plethora of other great features such as a useful barcode scanner. Let us look at all of these wonderful features of Lifesum that make it one of the best macro tracking apps.
Key features of Lifesum
- Clean and friendly interface
- Calorie targets according to your goal weight, current weight, and height
- Advanced features like macros percentages in the paid version
Also Read: Top 10 Apps To Stay Healthy and Fit
5. Lose It
Lose It is yet another best macro tracking app if you wish to shed those extra kgs from your body. With this application, you can track macros, calories, and water intake.
In addition to it, the Lose It app boasts many other features that aid in weight loss. We share them in the following heading.
Key features of Lose It
- Gigantic database with restaurant food items
- Option to input custom recipes and food
- Bonus when you hit particular exercise targets
- Seamless integration with many other fitness applications
- You can email your food logs from the application
- Community support and user-friendly interface
- History-based food suggestions
- Barcode scanner
- Extra features in the paid version like carb tracking, pattern analysis, etc.
6. Carb Manager
Next, we have Carb Manager on our list of the best macro tracking apps in 2023. It is a perfect choice for beginners who are new to food logging. We chose Carb Manager for its highly user-friendly macros calculator and plan customization options.
Talking about the features of Carb Manager, below is all that is exciting about it.
Key features of Carb Manager
- Extensive food library
- Options to change selected food’s serving size, repeat the same food item over many days, and rate the item’s keto-friendliness
- Availability of meal plans and recipe ideas
- Option to connect with your peers who also use this application
- Tracking of more complicated health information like glucose, ketones readings, etc.
- Additional features in the premium version such as image recognition for automatic meal tracking.
Here comes the best free macro tracker app for everyone who loves to eat outside at restaurants. Nutritionix boasts a gigantic library of foods from over 800 restaurants in the US.
Moreover, the following features contribute to bringing Nutritionix to this list of the best macro tracking apps.
Key features of Nutritionix
- Availability of a barcode scanner
- Option to input your recipes
- Frequent database updates to reflect the restaurant’s menu
- Option to alter the portion size
Also Read: Best Free Zumba Apps to Get a Toned Body
Cronometer is yet another best app to track macros. In addition to macro tracking, this application also helps with monitoring your health goals. You can use this application to monitor over 82 micronutrients, like minerals, sodium, potassium, vitamins, etc. Moreover, the following are some other attractive features of this app.
Key features of Cronometer
- Database of over 1.2 million verified foods
- Integration with popular fitness-tracking applications and devices
- Logs water intake, exercise, vitamins, and supplements
- Tracks body weight and other biometric information, such as body measurements, blood/urine lab results, heart and blood pressure data
- Lets you set goals for maintaining, gaining or losing your current weight
- Graphs to help you monitor your progress better
Concluding the Best Macro Tracking Apps
This article listed the best free macro tracking apps. You may choose any application from the above list to track macros in your diet and make healthier choices.
You may drop us a comment if you think we have missed out on any best free app to track macros, if you have any questions, or want to suggest something else. We will see you soon with another article. Until then, you may continue TechPouting to stay connected with the tech world.