Are you struggling to install New Windows version on your PC? Well, you can quickly boot Window 10/7 using a USB drive.
With a blink of an eye, you can install the latest version of Windows on your computer system. Here’s everything you should know about Windows 10 bootable USB tool.
Why update your Windows version using a USB drive?
If you are falling short of DVDs and your PC does not have a free optical drive, then USB drive serves the option for booting your system.
This portable device is compatible with almost all desktop gadgets and laptops. Using a mobile device like USB offer a much simpler and straightforward way to boot your device.
Minimum 8GB of storage is required for this also the USB drive should be well formatted before booting the system.
Ensure that your device is UEFI Boot Support
Before we move ahead, let’s first understand the difference between UEFI and BIOS. BIOS stands for basic input/output system and was majorly used to manage data between system devices and OS.
However, UEFI which stands for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface has wholly taken over BIOS in the last decade.
Fortunately, you can use either of the two mechanisms to boot your computer using a USB drive.
How to prepare Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive?
To start with, connect a well-formatted USB drive to your system. There are various ways of installing Windows 10, but the most straightforward and fastest way is with the help of a windows 10 media creation tool download.
To use this, go to the Windows 10 Microsoft download page. And then hit the “Download tool now” button.
Next step is to create windows 10 installation media, follow the simple steps to get your job done. Ensure that you have a legitimate license to download Window 10. Once confirmed, you can easily install and run the media creation tool on your system.
- Next step is to save this lightweight tool on your system.
- Open the Media creation tool.
- From the next prompted window, click on “Accept” to confirm.
- In the displayed window, you will be given 2 options, choose “Create installation media (ISO file, USB flash drive, or DVD).
- Click on the “Next” button now.
- Now set Windows 10 edition, language and system architecture.
- In case you are unable to change the settings, uncheck the box with says, “Use the recommended options for this system/PC.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- From the displayed window, choose “USB Flash” followed by the” Next” button.
- From the list of drives, choose the relevant USB drive and hit “Next” to start the download process.
Downloading Windows 10 with a portable USB drive
Once you have successfully created the installation media, installing Windows 10 gets exceptionally easy. You can now use this bootable USB to update the targeted device.
Switch on the PC you wish to update and then connect the USB drive and wait for it to get detected. Once the USB drive is adequately detected, you can start the installation process.
You can also similarly install Windows 7.
How to make a bootable USB drive?
Follow the simple step-by-step guide to create a bootable USB drive.
- To start with, you need a minimum 8GB USB drive.
- Next, install the Windows media creation tool.
- To download Windows 10 installation files, run the media creation wizard.
- Once the installation media is created, eject the USB flash drive.
- And there you have it, a well-formatted bootable USB drive.