If you are seeking the best USB encryption software, take the help of this guide and find the most downloaded and popular USB encryption software for Windows and any of these as you like.
Data breach and theft is one of the most prominent and active cyber crimes nowadays. Hence, protecting the data present on your USB drives has become quite important for everyone. If you want to protect the data present on your drives, we think this article can help you.
With this informative guide, we bring to you an extensive list of the best USB drive encryption software for Windows. With the help of such tools, you can easily encrypt or password protect your data. This allows you to ensure that your data on the USB drive is accessible to the concerned parties only, even if you lose the drive. So, let’s have a look at the encryption tools now.
List of the Best USB Encryption Software for Windows
Below, you will find a list and descriptions of the top best USB encryption software for Windows. These can protect your data from theft very easily. Go through the complete descriptions first, then download and use any tool(s).
The first in this list of the best USB encryption software is the AxCrypt app. The tool managed to secure the first position on the list because of its advanced and smart options. Let’s have a look at the features of the tool below.
Features of AxCrypt as an Encryption Software for USB Drive
- The tool is available for a free trial and/or purchase for businesses and personal users.
- This encryption software uses smart, strong, and unbreachable AES-256 encryption to lock the contents.
- Additionally, you can share the key to the tool with anyone very easily.
- The tool also secures your USB content to a cloud storage platform. You can recover the information stored if the device is stolen or attacked.
- The interface of AxCrypt is simple and multilingual supporting English, Dutch, Italian, Korean, French, German, Portuguese, and many more.
- Other features include unlocking with other AxCrypt accounts, password management, mobile management, file sharing, and more.
Also Read: Best Free CPU Benchmark Software For Windows
2. Gilisoft USB Encryption
The Gilisoft USB Encryption tool is another one of the best USB encryption software for Windows. The tool is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7/XP/2000. Let’s dive into the features of the tool to know more.
Features of GiliSoft USB Encryption as a Free USB Encryption Software
- The interface of the tool is quite easy to use and simple, yet attractive.
- You can use the trial version of the tool to understand the work and then get the paid ones.
- The software can help you encrypt USB drives and other external storage devices.
- This encryption tool uses different layers of protection to lock the content of the drive.
- The tool will protect your data in all circumstances without leaks.
- Gilisoft USB Encryption can protect your USB drive irrespective of the content.
VeraCrypt is another best USB encryption software but is different from other similar tools. The structure of this tool is open-sourced and you can easily edit it. Check out the features of the tool below for more information.
Features of VeraCrypt as the Best USB encryption software for Free
- The tool has a cross-platform that allows you to use it on Windows, Mac, and Linux devices.
- You also encrypt the partitions and drives on the system using the tool.
- Additionally, the software can also lock the booted drives.
- The software offers real-time and authentic encryption features for free.
- The software is quite fast, allows quick editing, and more as if the drive is not encrypted.
4. EncryptStick or ENCSecurity
The next renowned name in this list of the best USB encryption software is EncryptStick or ENCSecurity. With the help of this tool, you can easily secure the files present on the USB drive and others. Have a look at the tool’s features below for more information.
Features of ENCSecurity as a Tool to Encrypt USB Flash Drive
- The software provides 1024-bit encryption that is not as common in other similar tools.
- ENCSecurity boasts an easy-to-use interface best for beginners and others.
- You can download and install the software on Windows, Linux, and Mac devices easily.
- Moreover, the creators of the software offer a 14 days trial period for you to use the tool. You can get the paid version if required.
- The software supports a drag-and-drag feature to lock files and data quickly.
- The tool creates a virtual vault to protect your files and drive better.
Also Read: Best Free PC Cleaner Software For Windows
5. Endpoint Protector
Just like its name, the Endpoint Protector is one of the best and most downloaded best USB encryption software. You can download and use the tool on Windows and Mac devices. Head over to the features of the tool below for more information.
Features of Endpoint Protector as the Best Flash Drive Encryption Software
- The software offers a peripheral port and USB port control to manage different kinds of devices.
- The tool can encrypt the data on the USB drive even during the transfer.
- Additionally, one of the best features of the tool is its military-grade encryption.
- The software is compliant with HIPAA, PCI DSS, SOX, and many more.
- Endpoint Protector ensures that there is no form of data leak from the drive in any way.
6. Rohos Disk Encryption
Next comes the Rohos Disk Encryption in this list of the best USB encryption software. The tool is perfect for you to encrypt the devices if you are looking for an encryption tool for Windows only. Have a glance at the tool features below for a better understanding.
Features of Rohos Disk Encryption as the Best USB Drive Encryption Software
- You can encrypt any drive or even a folder(s) using the Rohos tool.
- The tool is customizable and hence you can apply various settings to the tool.
- The software allows you to take a backup of the files as well.
- Also, on the main UI of Rohos, you get benchmark details of your device(s).
- You can easily manage the working and encryption keys using your smartphone.
- After encryption, the software loads the files on the cloud for recovery in the case of device theft or damage.
7. USB Safeguard
The name of the tool, USB Safeguard, shows what it does. This is one of the best USB encryption software that you can download and use on Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista. Check out the features of the encryption software below.
Features of USB Safeguard as the Best Encryption Software for USB Drive
- You can either download and use the tool for free or get the paid version if required. The paid version offers more features to you.
- Apart from USB, you can lock other devices like SSDs, HDDs, and memory stocks with the tool.
- The tool uses AES 256-bit encryption for advanced protection.
- Additionally, the software will lock your drive automatically if you get inactive on the same.
- If you don’t want to download and install the tool, you can use the portable version as well.
- The tool support both FAT32** and NTFS encryption.
Let’s end this guide on the best USB encryption software with a 1344-bit disk encryption software. DriveCrypt provides the best and strongest encryption services you will ever find. Have a look at the features of the tool below.
Features of DriveCrypt as the Best Free USB Encryption Software
- With the help of the tool, you can encrypt external and internal storage devices.
- Moreover, you can download and use the tool on Windows 11/10/8/7 and servers also.
- The tool uses a unique way to work and shows your important files as music files for protection.
- The software leaves back no traces of encryption.
- DriveCrypt allows all the administrators of the system to add and modify the keys to different devices with ease.
- In case of unsuccessful breach attempts, the tool will wipe out all the data from the driver without trace or recoverability.
Also Read: Must-Have Software For Windows
9. KakaSoft USB Security
Finally, we have KakaSoft USB Security to end our list of the best free USB encryption software. You can carry this software and use it anywhere. All you have to do is plug in the USB drive and let the software install automatically. Additionally, the following features justify this software’s position on our list.
Features of KakaSoft USB Security as the Best USB Drive Encryption Software
- Highly portable and extremely easy to use
- Lets you password-protect your pen drive, USB flash drive, thumb drive, memory card, etc.
- Boasts a simple 3-step procedure to let you lock your USB drive
- It uses AES-256 encryption algorithms to encrypt your device
- There is a password hint option for times when you forget your password
Best USB Encryption Software: Listed
So, we hope that the above listed best USB encryption software was the precise tools you were looking for. Using these tools, you can easily encrypt USB and other types of devices for better security. After the encryption, you stop worrying about cyber attacks and the security of your files. The attackers can not access the contents of your devices once encrypted.
If you want further assistance with the USB encryption software for free. You can contact us using the comments section provided below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Provide your queries or suggestions as you want. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get instant updates related to the latest tech introductions and blogs.