If you want to get rid of junk files and trash from your system, then use a junk file cleaner and let it take care of your system trash. Junk files can horribly slow down your system and it’s extremely frustrating to struggle through a slow PC.
The longer we use a system, the more it tends to accumulate junk files and the more it ruins your system performance. This is a common occurrence in all kinds of devices and across all platforms.
But did you know that a decent junk file cleaning app can save your day by recognizing and removing all trash components from your smart device or system? These tools can make your system run smoothly just like a squeaky clean new machine.
Therefore, in this blog, we have put together some top of the line junk remover software for Windows PC to help you deal with your system junks and trash files.
16 Best Junk File Cleaners For Windows in 2021:
Wondering which software to install for Windows PC to do away with temp files? Here are 16 top of the range PC junk cleaning tools that also offer a variety of advanced features to add to the benefit of using these applications.
Image Source: CleanMyPC
- CleanMyPC is a one-stop solution for all your PC needs
- It offers features that uninstall as well as remove its supporting files from the PC
- The software does not take any data from your computer as it has strict privacy rules
- It even protects the PC from threats that can damage files
It is a very popular and one of the most trusted software for cleaning PCs. You can definitely rely on this software as it will help you in improving your performance. Apart from performance, it solves all the issues, including registry, threats, and others.
- Unlike other software, it offers accurate result in no time
- The software has a free plan too
- The software has a dedicated team to solve issues of the user, which works 24X7
- Limited features to offer
- Regular notifications can be frustrating
- Removes junk components of your system.
- Easy to use.
- Removes system restoration points.
- Wipes out hard drive junk files permanently.
- Scans the registry precisely.
- The analyze drive feature identifies files consuming most of the space.
- The integrated startup manager makes the PC boot 53% faster.
This is a remarkable junk file cleaner software, which not only makes your PC fast but also optimizes it automatically without any hassles. Did you know that it’s been downloaded a whopping 2.5 billion times.
It helps to clean all forms of trash (temp files, clipboard contents, browser cache, cookies, storage contents, log files, event logs, DNS cache, disk fragments, etc.) in just one click from your system.
- Secures your PC from malware.
- Runs in the background silently.
- Facilitates disabling unwanted apps.
- Duplicates many Windows programs.
- Cleanup scheduling is available only in the paid version.
Read Also: How to Remove Junk Files From Windows 10
3. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
- Securely deletes trash files with File Wiper.
- Erases files permanently from the recycle bin.
- Offers 1-Click optimization with the One-Click-Optimizer feature.
- Internet Cleaner, Drive Cleaner, and Registry Optimizer deal with respective elements for system maintenance.
- Improves system performance with Internet Tuner, Startup Tuner, Process manager, etc.
A powerful tool in the category of junk file cleaner for PC, this program’s USP lies in its flexibility. What’s meant by this is that the tool lets you scan for junk files, browser cookies, and broken registry entries in one click and removes them in another.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer not only provides a detailed description of the identified issues but also provides suggestions about resolving those issues.
This junk remover tool for Windows 10 is compatible with all versions of Windows and offers a complete solution for your PC’s performance-related problems.
- Vivid user interface.
- Comprehensive toolkit.
- Adds store links to the PC.
4. AVG TuneUp
- Offers all-round automatic maintenance of your Windows PC.
- Removes bloatware and temp files from your system.
- Uninstalls unwanted software.
- Updates programs automatically.
- Identifies registry issues and troubleshoots them automatically.
- Speeds up your system.
- Disk Cleaner deep-cleans the system hard drive.
AVG Tuneup offers a one-stop solution when it comes to choosing a decent PC optimizer and junk remover software. This app uses the Sleep Mode technology to boost your PC performance. The Disk and Browser Cleaners free up storage space and a lot more.
- One-click software update tool.
- Multilingual app.
- License limitations.
- Not suitable for business or commercial use.
5. Clean Master
- The auto-clean feature helps to erase junks effortlessly.
- Real-time notifications to clean junk files.
- Boost your system performance with a one-click boost feature.
This is a free junk file cleaner for meeting regular needs; however, the professional version is chargeable. The most appreciable feature of this tool is that it’s complete in itself and doesn’t inundate users to install add-in apps.
- Light on advertising.
- Quick to install and straightforward to use.
- Incompetent technical support.
Read Also: Best PC Optimizer Software For Windows
6. Advanced SystemCare 13 Free
- Cleans junk files of the system thoroughly.
- It also supports cleaning junk files for all accounts on the system.
- The Turbo Boost feature optimizes the system by releasing the RAM.
This is an extremely useful junk file cleaner for your computer as it helps to sweep away temp files in just one-click. It is also capable of removing privacy traces and other potential online threats in a single click.
- Customizable interface.
- Round the clock technical assistance.
- The installer comes with extra software.
- It doesn’t offer any choice to exclude individual files.
7. Iolo System Mechanic
- Deletes junks and unused apps.
- Blocks bloatware and unnecessary auto-run settings.
- Cleans the RAM.
- PC optimization toolkit enhances start-up speed immensely.
- Removes traces of browser activity.
This tool has rightfully earned its place amongst the best junk remover tools for Windows PC because other than removing temp files, it also removes the under-performing hidden Windows Internet settings and also enhances gaming performance.
- It offers multiple choices in the types of available scans.
- It provides a detailed analysis of issues.
- Some features can only be availed in the premium version.
8. Total PC Cleaner
- Removes caches from the system, apps, emails, Office apps, and browser swiftly.
- Erases large unwanted files.
- Speeds up your PC.
There can be no second thoughts when it comes to considering this application for cleaning junk files from your Windows PC. Do you know why? Because this software is a product from Microsoft. Hence, which other app do you think will most perfectly fit with your Windows system than this one.
- Best free PC cleaner available in the Microsoft Store.
- Only compatible with Windows 10 version 14393.0 or higher and Xbox One.
9. Avira PC Cleaner
- Frees up memory.
- Minimizes system crashes.
- Blocks unwanted apps.
You can choose to download this free junk file cleaner software for PC as it streamlines the apps and programs to run on your system smoothly.
- Claims to keep your data secure.
- Blocks malware effectively.
- The on-demand scan is slow.
- It offers browser protection only for Chrome and Firefox.
Read More: Best Disk Defragmenter Software for Windows
10. Glary Disk Cleaner
- Supports the Ignore list feature to exclude files from the junk removal process.
- Customized options are available for removing temp files.
A brilliant junk file cleaner, this app is apt for novices as well as skilled users due to its extremely easy user-friendly interface. The tool rapidly scans your system for temp files and bloatware with the help of the professional rapid scanning kernel.
- Clean up history displays information about the removed files.
- It doesn’t affect necessary files during the removal process of junk files.
- Minimal optimization features.
- The battery life can be extended.
- Manual cleaning and optimization.
- Optimizes startup items.
It is a very user-friendly Junk Files Cleaner. Slim cleaner ideally facilitates the removal of junk files & elimination of browser history. It is an ideal tool for your Windows Personal Computer.
- Power management mode helps in preserving battery life.
- Unable to delete duplicate files at once.
12. R-Wipe and Clean
- It removes your browsing history thus ensuring that it keeps your secrecy intact.
- Traces of activity of third-party applications are removed like the interim folders, data from the system, and others file types like the scratch files and folders.
It is another best Junk Cleaner for Windows 10. It has a very updated and highly protective algorithmic feature. Junk files are removed in the blink of an eye.
- Highly interactive graphical interface.
- Bit expensive.
13. Razer Cortex
- Clears out unwanted junk files.
- Optimizes the PC for supporting high-end activities like gaming and streaming online movies.
This is the ultimate app for removing junk files especially when you need to boost the system for gaming. It is capable of automatically turning off unnecessary software and services during gaming.
- The tool is frequently updated.
- Supports gaming by releasing RAM.
- It offers some unwanted extra features.
14. File Cleaner
- This is not just a junk remover tool as it also repairs system settings.
- Detects rogue software and facilitates their removal.
Now get a faster, secure and stable system with the help of this junk file cleaner program for PC. It cleans the browser and system in real-time. Users may face a slight hiccup in using the tool when they are upgrading to Windows 10 from the previous version of Windows.
- Compatible with a huge range of browsers.
- Users would need to activate the product again when upgrading their system to Windows 10.
- Every bit of file is deleted
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Free to use software
- Support 64 languages excluding American English
- Frequent updates for bug fixes
When cleaning the junk files they may have left some of their residuals in the PC but with BleachBit, every bit of the files will be deleted. It has an advanced algorithm that has strong capabilities to clean out thousands of logs, cache, cookies, and other data including history. Now cleaning junk is easy with its easy to use interface.
- Maintains privacy
- Improved system performance
- It is compatible with Windows 10,8 and 7 only
- Frequent updates can be frustrating
16. Wise Disk Cleaner
- Free to use software
- Multi-language support
- 24*7 support
Wise Disk Cleaner keeps the device fast and clean. The software is free to use and it can clean different extension files and junks from your device. Every file will be deleted whether it’s hidden junk or from the corner of your hard disk. Other than this the software will speed up the processing without even increasing the load.
- Compatible with almost all Windows OS
- Compact software
- Schedule disk cleaning
- Protects the privacy of the user
- The scan can take time
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Junk file Cleaner
Q1. What are the Junk Files?
The hard disk houses the entire Windows operating system, important data, and files. Junk files come into existence from various sources like
- Operational activities of the Windows.
- From various other programs that are being installed and operated on your system.
- From browsing activity.
With time, the hard disk of a system gets cluttered with uncountable garbage files from several sources that disrupt its normal functioning.
Therefore, the more the number of files on the hard drive, the longer the hard drive takes to access those files. The result of this is a sluggish system with various other issues like frequent system crash downs and even start-up failure.
As temp files are like a by-product of the operational activities of a system, therefore getting rid of such garbage files is a necessity. Doing away with junk files ensures that the space on the hard drive is not wasted by unwanted resources, and also the system is not wasting resources to update redundant apps.
Q2. Is It Safe to Delete Junk Files?
Yes absolutely, deleting junk files is safe and is the best practice as it helps in increasing the free space in the disk. However, manual methods can be tough, which is why you can use the best junk file cleaner software.
Q3. How to Delete Junk Files in Windows 10?
You can either take help of the Windows built-in maintenance utility (Disk Cleanup) to delete useless junk files or you can get a dedicated third-party junk file cleaner software to perform the task in a jiffy.
Thus, you became familiar with some great junk file cleaners that are capable of not only keeping your system free from trash but can also optimize your PC in a way so that it performs better.
Apart from the above-suggested junk remover applications, there are some manual ways to deal with the clutter of your system like taking the help of the in-built System Restore tool, manually deleting temp files from the temp folder of your system, and manually emptying the recycle bin on regular intervals.
If such fixes don’t seem to boost your system performance then, alternatively you could also use defragmenter tools to fix your system’s hard disk.