Refer to our blog to know about the top-rated and the best registry cleaner software that can help you attain optimal PC performance by removing invalid registry entries and other associated issues.
Computer systems form an integral part of our life and we use it for almost everything. Windows Registry plays a great role in the overall operation of your device. These low-level OS settings are used to manage the operating system along with other resources and hardware components.
However if not managed properly they can take a toll on the overall health and performance of your Windows device. Our blog here will give you a quick primer on Windows registry; what it is, why it is needed, and what is the best software to clean registry in Windows 10 & older versions.
What is the Purpose of Windows Registry?
Windows Registry is a database of multiple Microsoft Windows OS configuration settings. In other terms it is a warehouse of settings and information related to various hardware components, OS configurations and users preferences. Whenever you launch any program or application it starts working with the help of the settings stored in the registry entries.
Ideally whenever we uninstall a program its related registry entries should also be deleted. If not it gets accumulated in the form of redundant and leftover registry entries that eat away gigabytes of your hard disk space making it slow and sluggish.
Use of the best free registry cleanup software is the ultimate solution to such problems. In addition to fine tuning capabilities these tools also work well as RAM cleaners, startup managers and drive cleaners.
What is Registry Cleaner?
A Registry Cleaner is a dedicated program specially designed to clean Windows Registry. It removes redundant and leftover items from your device and ensures that it is running in full capacity.
How Does Windows Registry Cleaners Work?
A registry cleaner tool works by automatically deleting and removing unwanted and invalid registries from your device. It looks out for and fixes all the malicious, orphans, broken and faulty entries that may hamper your device performance.
What are the Advantages of Cleaning the Windows Registry?
Here are some of the advantages of cleaning registry entries.
- Fix and repair all invalid and broken entries.
- Gets rid of all residual entries from obsolete applications.
- Improves system performance.
- It improves its response time.
- It avoids screen freezing and crashing issues.
Now, without any further delay, let’s check our roundup of best registry cleaner software for Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2021 that will help you repair or fix all the broken or invalid registry items in a jiffy.
Quick Overview of Best Registry Cleaners for Windows PC in 2021
|Software Name||Platform Support||Price|
|CleanMyPC||Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10||$39.95|
|CCleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Free, Premium ($29.95 and $59.95)|
|JetClean||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Freeware|
|Auslogics Registry Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Freeware|
|Glarysoft Registry Repair||Windows 10||Freeware|
|Wise Registry Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||Freeware, $29.95 for premium version|
|WinUtilities Free||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and (32/64-bit)||Freeware|
|Registry Tuner||Windows 7, Vista (32 and 64-bit), Windows XP||Paid tool with 30 days free trial|
|Comodo System Utilities||Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10||Freeware|
|Slim Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Freeware|
|Easy Cleaner||Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, and 95||Freeware|
|Defencebyte Computer Optimizer||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Free Trial with 1 Year trial for 1 PC at $38.95|
|AML Free Registry Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||Freeware|
Top 13 Best Free Registry Cleaners For Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2021
Based on the features and user reviews, we have handpicked the 13 best Windows registry cleaner tools that one can find in the market currently. Let’s check them out below!
MacPaw’s CleanMyPC has managed to occupy the first position on our list of best registry repair software for Windows 10 & older versions because of its several attractive features and ease of use. The program is extremely effective when it comes to repairing outdated Windows registry entries. Apart from clearing out the registry clutter, the program can also be used as a junk cleaner, application uninstaller, file shredder, and whatnot.
- The software offers effective tools for the cleanup process.
- It can also resort to the registry issues of your PC that you even might not know.
- In order to help you clean the PC, it offers an inbuilt uninstaller that removes all the unwanted applications and their supporting files.
- Unlike other software, it keeps the privacy of users intact and doesn’t take any data.
- It is a very easy-to-use software that needs no tutorial or experience to use it.
- The software is fast and accurate with the results.
- You can get a registry solution and hibernation solution with this software.
- The software offers free diagnosis and scans to all.
- For any assistance, customer support is active 24X7.
- The software keeps on notifying about the issue, which can be frustrating for users.
- The free version of the software only cleans up 500 MB of junk.
Well, our list of the best registry cleaners for Windows 10 & older versions will be incomplete without this showstopper application which deserves second place for several good reasons.
More than just a Windows registry cleanup software it is a comprehensive system cleaner tool because of the vast basket of functionality it offers.
- It works on almost all Windows versions and is completely free of cost.
- In addition to this, its simple layout and easy working make it even more useful.
- The feature that sets it apart from other similar tools is its portable format. You may also opt for its installable version.
- It cleans junk files, cleans and repairs registry entries, makes your system more stable and enhances its performance.
- With its advanced set of features, it can not only clean but also repair invalid registry entries including file extensions, application paths, DLL files, installers and many more.
- Another best part about CCleaner is the complete backup options feature that it provides.
- Easy and fast installation. It comes in both portable and installable versions.
- Loaded with impressive and outstanding features.
- A small and handy application with just 1MB download size.
- It creates a backup of files before repairing or deleting them.
- It can work on multiple Windows versions along with macOS 10.8 and 10.11 versions. Also available as an Android app.
- Its download pages are quite confusing. It looks as if the application is a paid one, which is however not true.
- Although it’s basic version is completely free. To enjoy advanced features and personal support you have to pay for its Professional Edition.
- It may install a few other programs unless the permission is denied.
Another top-rated and best free registry cleaner software for Windows PC is JetClean. With its advanced functionalities, it scans your system for invalid and broken system registry and repairs them. Apart from this its ability to restore system and create backup files is one of its most-loved features.
Read Also: 8 Best Disk Cloning Software For Windows
- JetClean comes in a simplistic design powered with a one-click user interface.
- Registry Defrag option is another useful feature that helps in optimizing the overall performance of the PC.
- This lightweight tool comes in multiple languages including German, Russian and many more.
- It is available in 32 and 64-bit versions and can run seamlessly well on various Windows versions including 10/8/7/XP/Vista and 2000.
- Simple, convenient and intuitive User interface.
- One-click mechanism.
- Performs regular and scheduled system maintenance and cleaning. Backups registry entries.
- Portable version not available.
- It may install some unwanted toolbars during the installation process.
- Advanced features are only available with its Professional Edition.
4. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
Next on our list of best registry cleaner tools for Windows is Auslogics Registry Cleaner. It comes with a clean and convenient UI along with advanced PC optimization features. It scans and displays all problematic areas along with a severity rating to identify which areas need more attention.
- With its system backup and restore options you can reinstall registry configurations from a particular point and avoid any data losses.
- It also offers its users to set an “Ignore list” to specific areas that should not be scanned.
- The application is fully compatible with Windows 7/8/10 versions of 32 and 64-bit along with a 32-bit version of XP and Vista.
- Automated registry backup and restore options.
- You can pause and resume its functioning.
- One-tap cleaning and PC maintenance tool.
- Top Free Registry Cleaner Software
- It may install additional programs along with it.
- Advanced features come at an added cost.
5. Glarysoft Registry Repair
If you are specifically looking for Windows registry cleaning utilities that can scan your system and optimize registry only, then the Glarysoft registry repair tool is a good choice to consider. Below are some of the key characteristics of this tool that will give you a fair idea of whether it’s worth downloading or not.
- It’s a free tool that offers at-par features as compared to other competitors in the market.
- It is a clean and safe software to use and automatically create backup files whenever necessary.
- Its Export option is its highlight feature which allows you to store and save registry entries in a specified and dedicated folder.
- It is an automatic tool and works like a breeze.
- It’s simple UI supports easy working.
- It gets updated frequently with the latest version.
- Powerful backup and restore capabilities.
- There is a chance that this registry tool can download a few unwanted files on your device.
6. Wise Registry Cleaner
- It effortlessly scans your system, detects all invalid registry entries and fixes them to make it stable and fast.
- Apart from this it also tune’s up your sluggish PC for better speed and performance.
- All-in-all it answers all questions related to how to fix DLL errors and windows registry concerns.
- It’s a free tool.
- Automatic and efficient working.
- Efficient registry scan mechanism with 3 level working.
- It may install some unwanted programs on your device during setup.
- If you wish to enjoy advanced features you may opt for its pro version.
7. WinUtilities Free
- It can automatically backup registry entries before making any changes to them.
- It gives you an option to export the list of registry entries in an HTML format.
- Apart from this, you can also use it to restore previous registries.
- It comes with an intuitive UI.
- It is free of cost
- It has a massive array of advanced features to offer.
- Unmatched cleaning and fixing capabilities.
- This free registry cleaner does not support SSD defragmentation.
- It does not support just cleaning from your web browser.
8. Registry Tuner
The next utility on our list of best Windows registry cleaner software is called Registry Tuner. Its main aim is to fix and repair all invalid registry entries and offers multiple options to fit users’ needs. We have below mentioned some of the prominent features that make this tool the best registry fixer for Windows 10 to try in 2021.
- It can easily clean and remove invalid registry entries.
- With this powerful registry cleaner for Windows you can also remove unwanted files and manage your application in an effortless manner.
- It also gives you an option to set restore points if you wish to restore any changes.
- It offers fast registry cleaning features.
- Easy working. Just set it up and let it do its work.
- It is a highly flexible tool with multiple registries fixing functionalities.
- It allows you to set areas which you wish to include in the scan.
- It is a paid application.
- It does not give you an option to export reports.
9. Comodo System Utilities
Next on our list of best registry cleaners for Windows 10 is this incredible tool with advanced and high-end features. Its ability to customize system scan is one of the highlights, apart from the backup option also makes it everyone’s favorite.
- Use this handy and simple tool and smoothly deal with broken registry entries.
- It is a one-click system clean-up software which does wonders to your system performance.
- One-Stop Registry cleaner and optimization tool.
- Instant scan powered with real-time cleaning.
- Automatic and efficient tool
- It is one of the best and free registry cleaners that you can pick for your Windows 10 device
- It does not have any extraordinary feature to offer and delivers at-par functionality to the other Windows Registry Cleaners.
10. Slim Cleaner
- Clean your system registries with Slim Cleaner to enjoy peak performance and optimize system startup.
- Efficient PC-tune up tool enhances the performance and response time of your device by taking care of all faulty and redundant registry entries.
- It’s installation process is quite simple.
- It can optimize your startup items and boost its performance.
- This Registry Cleaner Software offers one-click scan.
- One of the best and free registry cleaners.
- Although it comes with a free trial period one has to pay a premium cost of $19.97 to buy it.
11. Easy Cleaner
This is one of the oldest Windows registry cleaners that one can come across. Although its UI is quite outdated, it is still one of the most popular and robust registry cleaner software.
- It can easily scan your device for invalid registry entries and other junk files and get rid of them in an effortless manner.
- It supports automatic backups before every repair action to avoid any data loss.
- It is available in both portable and installer versions and works seamlessly well on various Windows systems.
- Automatic backups.
- Easy to use registry cleaner tool with efficient working.
- It has a wide range of tools and settings options.
- It is a free registry cleaner for Windows 10.
- It does not give you an option to set scheduled system scans.
- If you compare Easy Cleaner with any new age registry cleaner software it is a bit slow.
12. Defencebyte Computer Optimizer
If you are looking for an advanced and best free registry cleaner for Windows 10 & older versions that promises high-end cleaning and system maintenance features, then Defencebyte Computer Optimizer can be a good choice for you. Let’s take at some of its noteworthy features below.
- It can effortlessly fix fault registry entries and boost your device performance and speed.
- It can also block unwanted URLs from your browsing page which means added security.
- It can detect and delete invalid program paths within seconds.
- It is completely free from ads.
- It offers a scheduled backup feature to avoid any data losses.
- Excellent use support and easy working.
- Automatic update is an issue.
- Installing this registry cleaner software can get difficult at times.
13. AML Free Registry Cleaner
Another impressive and best registry repair software for Windows 10 to take into account is AML Free Registry Cleaner. This registry cleaning software is known for its simple UI and super-fast cleaning features.
- With this registry cleaner software you can create system backup and add restore points to avoid any data losses.
- It is compatible with various Windows systems.
- Has an array of PC optimization tools to offer.
- Easy to use interface.
- Super-fast registry cleaning capabilities.
- Backup and restore option.
- It does not support automatic restore and backup options.
Frequently Asked Questions About Windows Registry Cleaners:
Q1. What is a Registry Cleaner Tool?
A registry cleaner is a third-party tool designed to detect and repair all broken registry entries and remove redundant items for uninterrupted system performance.
Q2. Why is it Essential to Delete Registry Entries?
Unwanted and corrupted entries can affect your system health, hence deleting them from time to time is essential for fast and smooth system performance.
Q3. Does Removing Registry Entries Enhance System Performance?
The answer is a sure Yes. With time our system gets loaded with several redundant and broken entries which increases system load and results in instability and crashing.
Regular clean up will fix all related issues.
Q4. Are Registry Cleaners Safe?
Yes, Registry Cleaners software is completely safe. These tools are specifically designed to improve your system health by repairing all broken and outdated system entries.
Q5. What are the Best Registry Cleaner Software?
CleanMyPC and CCleaner are two of the most efficient and popular tools that you can use to enhance your divide performance. You may also refer to the other tools mentioned earlier in this blog.
Q6. What are the Qualities of Best Registry Cleaner Software?
Some of the best qualities and functionality that you should check before picking the registry cleaners for Windows 10 are:
- Powerful scanning.
- Automatic and super-fast registry cleaning capabilities.
- Easy working.
- Automatic backup and system restoration.
- Scheduled system cleaning and maintenance capabilities.
Q7. How to Run Registry Cleaner on Windows 10?
You can either choose the best registry cleaner tool for your windows device and enjoy automatic working or do it manually. To delete the registry entries manually follow simple steps.
- Press Windows + R Key on your keyboard.
- Now type “regedit” and hit the enter key.
- Look out for the problematic areas and delete them.
Q8. How to Run Registry Cleaner on Windows 7?
Experts recommend the use of an efficient and powerful registry cleaner software, but you can also do it manually using the mentioned procedure.
- Launch Registry editor by typing Windows + R key.
- Then type “Regedit” and press enter
- In the newly promoted window press the Yes button.
- Now look out for invalid registry entries in the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” folder, “SOFTWARE” folder and also check the folder for unused files.
- Right click and select Delete from the drop down menu and press Yes to confirm your actions.
Q9. Does Microsoft have a Registry Cleaner?
No, Microsoft does not have a Registry cleaner.
Q10. Does Cleaning Registry Speed Up The Computer?
Definitely yes, Registry cleaner software not only fixes faulty entries on your device but also deletes them which enhances the overall performance and speed of your device.
Clean Windows Registry Easily with Best Free Registry Cleaner Software 2021
Above is the well-researched list of the best registry cleaners for Windows 10 & older versions in 2021. Clean and proper registry entries are crucial to a system performance, which makes it even more essential to deploy a good tool that can take care of all your registry related concerns.
Each of the Windows registry cleaner software mentioned above contains a unique set of features. Choose the best-suited software for a stable and speedy system.