If you use an Nvidia graphics card on your PC, then know how to update Nvidia drivers on the Windows 10 system. Before we know how to make the Nvidia graphics driver up-to-date from this blog, let me tell you that a dedicated graphics card like from Nvidia or AMD is often used to enhance gaming performance or to make the system perform some graphically enhanced task.
Computers usually come with an integrated graphics card from Intel but they often fail to support heavy-end tasks and thereby lead to the disruption of the normal functioning of the operating system. As a result of this, the system might crash down, or hang, and fail to run smoothly.
Therefore, use of a dedicated graphics card is highly recommended for managing and maintaining the graphics performance of the system. Another advantage of using a dedicated graphics card is that it’s easy to upgrade them. Therefore, let us see how we can update Nvidia drivers.
The Best Ways to Update Nvidia Drivers on Windows 10 system:
Following are the ways to update Nvidia drivers:
1. Update Nvidia Drivers Manually
Using System Information or the Device manager can help you find out the exact model and version of the Nvidia graphics driver that you are currently using in your system.
Then, you can visit the official website of NVIDIA and search for the drivers in the Search tab. Under the dropdown of “Drivers,” you need to select the right Product Type, Product Series, Product Model, and the OS. After making the correct selections, just hit the Search button.
Then, once the downloadable file (.exe file) is available, you can click on the download button. Then, open the file once the download completes to install it in the system. You can follow the automatic on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the updated version of the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Alternatively, you can also take help of the Device Manager to complete the installation process, if the executable fails to complete the installation process. The below steps will guide you on the same:
- Go to the Device Manager and double-click on the Display Adapter to expand the section.
- Now, you can right-click on the Nvidia graphics card name and select the option of ‘Update Driver.’
- In the subsequent prompt, select the option called “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- You will then select the downloaded file to begin the installation process to update the Nvidia driver.
Read More: How to Download Drivers For Unknown Devices
2. Using Device Manager
When you go to the Device Manager, you will see the Display Adapter. To update the Nvidia driver, you can take help of the below steps:
- Clicking right on the display driver’s name will open a pop-up where you can select the first option – ‘Update Driver.’
- Then, you will see another prompt where you will need to select the option of “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Windows will look for the respective driver’s latest version online and complete the installation process.
Read More: How To Update Device Drivers on Windows 10
3. Using Driver Updater Software
The best driver updater software will resolve all your driver-related issues forever. Just sit back and enjoy a movie marathon while the driver updater tool scans your PC for outdated and missing drivers and installs the latest Nvidia Driver update along with updates of other device drivers.
These tools are easy-to-install and use. They can not only detect outdated drivers but also create a backup of the latest system drivers. Therefore, you can restore the system drivers anytime with the help of the driver update program.
Some of the tools are also efficient in providing round the clock technical assistance and fix any sort of hardware problems with the help of the extensive hardware databases.
Benefits of Using Dedicated Graphics Card For Your Computer
1. It helps in imparting a richer gaming experience. Thus, 3D games can be enjoyed smoothly with the help of a dedicated graphics card.
2. Improves the overall performance of the system by doing the following:
- Reduces the load of the CPU.
- Free up the RAM space.
3. Graphics cards offer better driver support and are easy to update. They are frequently updated by the manufacturer to match the latest gaming and OS requirements.
4. HD movies and high-quality seamless online streaming of videos are achievable with the help of the dedicated graphics card.
5. 3D apps like photoshop and video editing tools can perform faster and better if you have a dedicated graphics card in your system.
So, this is all about how you can update Nvidia Drivers on your Windows 10 PC. The processes recommended here are fast, easy, and simple.
Using an Nvidia graphics driver can largely improve the gaming and PC performance but on the other hand can generate a lot of heat. Dedicated graphics cards are also very expensive to use.
Image Source: Windows Central, Driver Restore