Despite the upgrades and exciting features over the years that WhatsApp has into, you still need to save the contact in your phone to commence the conversation. But that doesn’t echo a straightforward NO to messaging an unsaved contact on WhatsApp. If you are wondering how to send a message to the number not in your contact list, this article is here for you.
Send Message to an Unsaved Contact on Your WhatsApp
If the unsaved number you are meaning to send a message to is registered on WhatsApp, you will have to start by creating a WhatsApp link to be able to send a message to the number that is not in your contacts list. When you click on the link, a chat with that person will automatically open up.
Here’s what you have to do to create the link:
- First, open your preferred browser Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Stop yourself at the web address bar to type: https://wa.me/<phonenumber>
- Replace the last part (“phonenumber”) with the unsaved number you want to send a message to.
- As you add that number, make sure to add region code and do not put + , () or 00. It should look like this: https://wa.me/910987654321
- As you type the URL in the browser, you will now see the big green message icon on the new web page. Tap on it to open chat with that number which you just typed in your WhatsApp.
How to Send Message to an Unsaved Number If You are an iPhone User
Are you looking for a way to send messages in a number that is not added in your WhatsApp contacts on iPhone? Great. You can try this method to message the unsaved number on WhatsApp. It involves Siri (iOS 12 and above) for the steps to get started.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open Shortcuts in the Settings.
- Now, enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- Now that you are allowed to run Siri Shortcuts from everyone and anyone, you can open this link and click on the Get Shortcut button to download it. You will be redirected to the Shortcuts app.
- Now, Tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- Find the WhatsApp to non-contact shortcut in the My Shortcuts tab. Then, tap Add to Home Screen to create a quick launch shortcut on the home screen.
- Now, you will need to enter the recipient’s number. Mention the country code along with the number. Then, you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp with a new message window open.
How to Send Message to an Unsaved Number If You are an Android User
If you are an Android user then you can try the method below to send a message to an unknown number on WhatsApp.
- Open your phone’s keypad.
- Type the number.
- Once you have typed the number, select it on the keypad.
- Now, there will be a few options to take action on that number like Call, Cut, Copy etc.
- Check to see if there’s a drop-down button further for more options to send messages on third-party text messaging tools. If it is there, you might be able to get WhatsApp in the list which you can select to send a message to that unsaved number.
Note: This trick does not work on all iPhone & Android phones. You must have Android 9 and above OS to get access to this trick which is only available on the selects or you can apply the method of creating the link to start messaging.
You just learned the best methods and tricks on how to send WhatsApp messages without adding contact. Whether you are an iPhone user or the Android one, give these tricks a try. It does require extra actions as compared to sending messages to the saved numbers but if you are up for that, then you can perform the steps. If you found this section helpful, don’t forget to let us know in the comments.