How to Solve Lenovo Laptop Not Charging Problem (FIXED)
If you are also facing the Lenovo laptop not charging issue, then this article lists some solutions to fix the Lenovo battery not charging error right away.
Problems related to the battery are quite common in any laptop. Irrespective of the brand of the device, most users face battery-related problems at least once in the lifetime of the device. Such problems, being quite common, may appear repeatedly on your device unless you do something about it. The Lenovo battery not charging error is one such error.
If you are facing the same problem, then we can help you. In the coming sections of this guide, you will find multiple techniques that allow you to fix the Lenovo battery problem. Hence, let’s go right to the solution and fix this annoying problem.
Solutions to Fix Lenovo Laptop Not Charging on Windows 10/11
Below, you will find various solutions to fix the Lenovo laptop battery not charging error. Various solutions are provided according to the degree of the error’s sensitivity. Hence, follow and deploy the solutions chronologically until the battery starts charging properly.
Fix 1: Check for Errors in Physical Attributes
Most commonly, the Lenovo Thinkpad not charging error seems too big but in reality, it isn’t. Simple reasons like the poor connectivity of the battery to the device can also affect the charging. Hence, all you need to do is configure that the error is not appearing because of physical abnormalities.
For this, you need to
- clean the charging port,
- check the connectivity of the battery to the device,
- ensure that the cable is properly plugged into the power socket,
- the cable is properly connected to the AC adapter of the charger,
- check for physical damages on the cable or adapter like cuts.
- check other physical aspects
If all the above factors are working fine and connected properly but the Lenovo plugged-in not charging error still appears, then follow the next solution.
Also Read: Laptop Is Plugged In But Not Charging
Fix 2: Fix the Lenovo Laptop Battery Not Charging By Resetting
The next solution that can help you fix the Lenovo laptop not charging error is to reset the battery. For this, you need to follow the set of steps:
- Power off the laptop and unplug the charger.
- Detach the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for a duration of 30 seconds to drain the power from the device.
- Re-attach the battery and plug in the charger.
Now see if the battery is charging. If you still face the Lenovo battery not charging error, then move on to the next solution.
Fix 3: Configure the Battery’s Authenticity
With time, your battery may also get damaged. This is quite common with laptop batteries, especially those that are detachable. Hence, you need to rule out if the battery of your device is at fault and causing the Lenovo laptop not charging error. For this, you need to detach your battery. However, before detaching, turn off the device and remove all the peripherals and power cables.
Once you remove the battery, press the power button for a couple of seconds to drain the remaining battery charge. Now plug your device into power and turn on the laptop. If the device starts, then the culprit behind the Lenovo Thinkpad battery not charging is the battery itself. You need to get the same replaced with a new one to run the device properly.
However, if the device does not start, then follow the next solution to fix the error.
Fix 4: Update the Driver of the Battery to Fix Lenovo Laptop Not Charging
One of the most common reasons behind the Lenovo battery not charging error is an outdated driver. The battery driver, just like any other driver, is a set of files that define how any device will perform or behave on the Windows device. In other words, the driver defines the reactions of the device to the commands of the OS or the user. Hence, when the driver is outdated, problems can appear.
To fix this, you can take the help of the Bit Driver Updater and update the battery driver. This is an automatic tool that allows you to download and update all kinds of drivers with a single click. Moreover, there are multiple other features that you can avail of with the Bit Driver Updater. These are:
- Take a smart backup of the divers
- Restore any driver as and when required
- Schedule the driver updates
- Get WHQL-certified updates from the reliable database
- Multilingual and beginner-friendly user interface
- Dep scanning of the system for outdated drivers
Other features are also available but you will find the rest when you use the tool. For now, let’s have a look at the procedure to use the updater and fix the Lenovo laptop not charging error.
How to Use the Bit Driver Updater to Update Drivers Automatically?
If you want a solution to your query “Why is my Lenovo laptop not charging”, then follow the set of instructions below:
- Click on the Download button visible below and save the Bit Driver Updater setup file.
- When the file downloads, run it to install the driver updater tool and launch the software.
- The tool will automatically scan your system quite deeply. This scanning will look for broken, outdated, missing, corrupt, and other damaged drivers. If the scanning does not start, use the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the scanner to present the results for faulty drivers. Look for the Battery driver in the list and click on the Update Now button. For ease and better results, use the Update All button and install all the drivers at once.
- Restart the system when the updates are installed.
This is one of the most reliable methods to fix the Lenovo Thinkpad not charging error. However, even this method may fail if the reason behind the error lies elsewhere. So, follow the next solution to fix it.
Fix 5: Update the BIOS Settings of Windows
The last and ultimate solution to fix the Lenovo plugged-in not charging error is to update the BIOS settings. Improper BIOS settings can affect the charging of the Lenovo laptop. Hence, follow the steps below to fix the error by updating the BIOS settings:
- Visit the Official Website of Lenovo to proceed.
- Click on the Support button present on the menu.
- Hove the mouse pointer to the category of PC and click on Detect Product.
- Wait for the device to detect the device you are using.
- Click on the name of your device and download the most recent version of the BIOS.
Also Read: Best BIOS Update Software for Windows 10 and 11
FAQs: Lenovo Thinkpad Battery Not Charging
Although the above sections are quite thorough and descriptive, you may have some queries. So, to help you with the same, here are some of the frequently asked questions related to the Lenovo laptop not charging error.
Q.1 Why is my Lenovo laptop plugged in but not charging?
Your Lenovo laptop may be plugged in but not charging due to a number of reasons. These include outdated drivers, physical damages, loose connections, and others. You can fix these errors using the instructions provide provide above.
Q.2 How do I reset my Lenovo battery?
If your laptop has a detachable battery, then you can easily reset it by unplugging the charger<taking out the battery<pressing the power button for around 30 seconds<and then replugging the battery and the charger.
Q.3 Where is the Lenovo battery reset button?
The reset button on the Lenovo battery is present at the bottom of the cover. You will find a hole that states Reset beneath. You can insert a pin in this hole and reset the battery with ease. Remember, this feature is only available in devices with undetachable batteries only.
Lenovo Laptop Not Charging Error: Fixed
So, now that all the solutions to fix the Lenovo battery not charging error are listed and explained, it’s time to conclude the guide. Using at least one of the above-mentioned methods, you can easily fix the errors related to the battery. However, if due to any reason the problem persists, then you should take your device to the support center of Lenovo for diagnosis. They will explain to you what you need to do to fix the error.
If you need our assistance in any way, then we are here to help you. Describe your queries related to the Lenovo laptop not charging issue. We will help you in every possible way. If you think this guide helped you, then do let us know in the comments below. Offer your reviews and subscribe to the newsletter of our blog. Doing this will allow you to get instant updates related to new additions to the blog page. You can also follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.