If you have got a craze to play heavy graphic games and 3D games on your PC, then you would need a computer or laptop that has a dedicated graphics card from NVIDIA or AMD to support the game requirements. Usually, most laptops, notebooks, and desktops have an integrated graphics card embedded in the CPU itself.
The drawback of using these kinds of desktop computers and laptops is that they cannot support heavy-end graphics games for a prolonged time. This consequently leads to crashes, hangs, and frequent breakdowns of your PC.
In this article, we can guide you on how to identify the Intel graphics card that you have along with the methods by which you can update your Intel graphics driver.
What is Integrated Graphics Cards?
Integrated graphics cards mean a graphics card that is already pre-embedded into the CPU or processor. These graphics cards use the system’s memory as per the tasks that have to be performed. Mostly, they use 1 to 5 percent of the memory available at a particular time. These graphics cards support regular tasks such as web browsing activities, handle the display of the system, HD streaming of videos, and even some games which do not have burdensome graphics requirements.
So, if you have an Intel processor, then it will come with a pre-installed Intel HD graphics card. This is because the manufacturer assembles both the integrated GPU along with the processor; hence, they prefer sticking to the same brand for both the CPU as well as the integrated GPU. The benefits of using an integrated GPU is that they bring down the price of the computer. They also reduce the heating of the system along with reduced power consumption, thereby prolonging the battery life of the system.
Ways To Identify Your System’s Integrated Graphics Cards:
1. Using Device Manager to Identify Integrated Graphics Cards
You can follow the below-given steps using the Windows Device Manager:
- Go to the Start menu of your system to access the Control Panel of your device.
- Further, navigate to the Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager dialog box pops up, then click on the Display Adapter section to expand the listview under it.
- Right-click on the Intel® subsection to choose the Properties option.
- Under the Driver tab of the Properties dialog box, you will get the relevant information about the driver version of the GPU used in your system.
2. Using System Information to Identify Integrated Graphics Cards
You can use the following steps using the System Information:
- Open the Run window by typing Windows key+R key.
- Input “msinfo32” in the text box to execute the command.
- Locate the Components section on the new display box and click on it to expand the list view. Then, go to the Display subsection located under the Components section.
- The information about the Intel graphics card version can be spotted on the right-hand side view.
Read More: How To Fix Computer Freezing Problems
Graphics Card Driver Update Methods:
Before looking at the methods, you need to know first why you must keep your Intel graphics card version updated:
- To prevent your system from slowing down.
- To avoid frequent hangs, crash downs of your PC.
- To facilitate smooth and continuous streaming of HD videos.
Therefore, once you have located the version of the GPU installed on your system, then you can follow the below methods to ensure that you are using the updated version of the graphics card driver on your system.
1. Update Graphics Card Driver Using Device Manager:
- Go to Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Then, right-click on the name of the graphics card driver. Here, choose the option of “Update Driver.”
- Once you have chosen to update the graphics card driver, your system will automatically look for the latest version of your graphics card online and update it.
2. Update Graphics Card Driver Using Driver Updater Tools:
The manual process may often seem cumbersome and time-consuming, therefore you can always use the best driver updater software to take care of the graphics card driver update process. One of the highly recommended driver updater tools available in the market is the ITL Driver Updater.
- This is a great program available at a fairly reasonable price, which you can download and install on your system.
- The ITL Driver Updater tool can automatically scan your computer to find the outdated and faulty drivers of your system, including the graphics card driver.
- It can further look online for the latest version of your Intel graphics card and update it at the backend automatically.
- The best part is that with the ITL Driver Updater tool, you can do all of this in just one click.
Therefore, always ensure to use the latest version of the integrated GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) to have a smooth-running PC experience. You not only understood how to identify the Intel graphics card integrated into your CPU but also came across the automated process of updating the graphics card driver to the latest version using the ITL Driver Updater tool.