Wondering if you can get back deleted messages on WhatsApp iPhone? Keep reading ahead to get answers to all your related queries.
Social media app like WhatsApp has added enough spice to our lives over the last few years. They allow us to stay in contact with our friends and family members anytime and from anywhere.
WhatsApp is a much simplified and hot communication platform that allows us to chat with people, share images and videos, and much more. But you might go into a panic state if you delete a vital chat history by mistake.
So what happens in such cases, is there any possibility to retrieve lost/deleted chats? The blog below will present a few simple yet effective methods to recover deleted chats.
Let’s check them now.
Simple Tips & Tricks to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
If you are still worried about how to read your deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone, here are 4 useful methods that you must try.
1. Recover message from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not upload your daily chat history on its server, so recovering lost messages and important chats is quite impossible. However, as an alternative, it does offer a simple mechanism to create a backup of your conversations and media history on iCloud.
All you need to do is set a chat backup. Follow simple steps to get your job done.
- To start with, ensure that your chat backup is on the active mode. If not, then launch your WhatsApp, go to settings, followed by chats and then open the chat backup window.
- Turn on Auto-backup button.
- Uninstall Whatsapp from your device. Install it again and verify your registered mobile number.
- The welcome notice in the re-installed application will prompt a message saying restore chat history.
- Just hit the restore chat history button to restore your lost and deleted messages.
2. Get back your lost messages without a backup (iOS 12 supported)
What happens when you have deleted some vital WhatsApp messages from your iPhone, and you don’t even have a backup. Sounds disturbing, isn’t it?
Well, in such scenarios, 3 party recovery applications can save you from unwanted situations. Several data recovery applications can retrieve your deleted message within seconds.
Pick a suitable tool as per your requirements and start the recovery process.
3. Restore lost message from iTunes Backup
Restoring deleted message is quite simple for people who keep a regular phone backup to iTunes. It is a relatively straightforward process; you need to follow a few simple steps.
- Launch iTunes and your iPhone device.
- From the displayed window, click on the iPhone icon.
- Next select “Restore backup.”
- Then select the files you wish to restore and finally click on the “Restore” button.
4. Recover lost message from iCloud Backup
Restoring lost chats from WhatsApp is also possible from iCloud backups. But this will only happen if your iCloud Backup is set on the activated mode. Let’s see how it works.
How to activate iCloud Backup
- Go to Settings.
- Click on iCloud.
- Then choose Backup and activate iCloud Backup.
How to retrieve messages
- Go to the “Settings” tab, then click on the “General” button followed by the “Reset” button and click on “Erase all Contents and Settings.”
- Repeat the same procedure on the Setup screen. After you have reached the “Apps and Data” window, click on the “Restore from iCloud backup” button.
- Select the Backup you want to retrieve.
- To complete the restoration process, ensure you have proper net connectivity.
Rather than getting into a panic state, follow these simple procedures to get back deleted messages on WhatsApp iPhone.
Similarly, if you don’t know how to print high-quality pictures from your iPhone, simply click here and know-how!