You can encounter various sound-related issues while streaming songs or binge-watching movies and TV shows without proper Realtek audio drivers installed on your Windows PC. Read on to know the best ways to download, install, and update Realtek high definition audio driver in a jiffy.
Realtek HD audio driver is a communications package that comes pre-installed along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager application. It is one of the most commonly used sound drivers and is known to provide high-quality Dolby, DTS, and surround sound in Windows PC. Along with this, it helps users manage various sound settings (e.g., speakers, playback, microphone, etc.) on Windows devices to enhance the sound experience.
Realtek regularly releases new versions of its drivers to provide the latest patches and bug fixes for better sound output. Therefore, it is advised to update your Realtek drivers regularly if you do not want to experience a range of issues like audio delay, crackling or popping, or poor sound quality on your Windows laptop or desktop. Thus, through this article, we’ll show you how to download and install Realtek audio driver both manually and automatically. Now without further ado, let’s go through the guide.
Highly Recommended Way for Realtek Audio Drivers Free Download
For all those users who do not want to waste their valuable time updating device drivers manually, we recommend Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the most trusted and popular driver updating tools available online. With this software installed on your computer, you can get all the required drivers automatically with just a click of a button. Here is the download button for the software.
How to Download Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7
Follow the below Realtek audio driver download tutorial to learn three ways to download and install the latest audio driver updates, easily and quickly.
Method 1: Download Realtek Audio Driver from Official Realtek Website
You can download and install Realtek high definition audio driver step by step through its official support website. Here’s how to do it.
- Visit the official website of Realtek.
- Click on the hamburger icon present in the top left corner of the website and then expand the ‘Downloads’ category.
- After that, click on the ‘Computer Peripheral ICs’ from the drop-down list.
- From the ‘choose sub-category’ drop-down menu, select the PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs.
- Next, click on the software link next to your sound card (e.g., ALC888S-VD).
- Download the appropriate Realtek sound driver package corresponding with the specific flavor of your Windows operating system.
- After the download process completes, double-click on the downloaded driver setup file (.exe file).
- Then, follow the simple on-screen instructions to install the latest Realtek HD audio driver on your system.
Method 2: Download Realtek Sound Driver via Windows Device Manager
You can also use the Windows built-in tool, i.e., Device Manager to download Realtek HD audio driver, install, and update it. Here is how you can do it.
- Invoke the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the given command box and click on the OK button to launch the Device Manager tool on your PC.
- In the Device Manager, look for the “Sound, video, and game controllers” category and click on it to expand the same.
- Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option from the pop-up menu.
- On the next screen, you will see two options. Choose the first “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Then, the Windows operating system will look for the newly released Realtek drivers.
- After the driver is installed, restart your computer.
Method 3: Use Bit Driver Updater to Automatically Download Realtek Audio Drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7 (Recommended)
It is given that manual methods are cumbersome and error-prone. It requires users to do lots of clicking to find and install driver INF files. Even computer nerds tend to get tired of that. Thus, we recommend using a competent driver updating tool, i.e., Bit Driver Updater to update all your missing, outdated, missing, and corrupted drivers automatically using a single click. Below are a few simple steps that you require to follow to update and download Realtek high definition audio driver using this amazing tool.
- Download Bit Driver Updater on your Windows laptop or desktop.
- Select the ‘Scan’ option from the navigation pane in the left-hand column. Bit Driver Updater will scan your whole computer and provide you with a detailed list of all problem drivers.
- Click the ‘Update Now’ button located next to the Realtek audio to download and install the latest version of its driver automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Realtek Audio Drivers
Q1. Is Realtek High Definition Audio driver compatible?
Realtek HD (high-definition) audio drivers are compatible with all the versions of Microsoft’s Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Q2. Can I download Realtek HD audio drivers x64?
Yes, Realtek HD audio drivers x64 can be downloaded and installed on 64-bit versions of Windows. It is worthwhile to mention that these particular drivers will not function correctly on a 32-bit system as they are specifically designed for 64-bit operating systems.
Q3. What audio jack does Realtek use?
Many computers today come with Realtek-powered audio jacks on both the front and rear end of the motherboard. The Realtek HD audio device is designed to use one or both (front and rear) audio jacks simultaneously.
Q4. How to download Realtek HD audio driver for free?
The simplest way to download Realtek audio drivers for free is to use an automatic, third-party driver updating software. However, if you’d like to install the driver manually, you can either use the Windows built-in tool (e.g., Device Manager) or visit the official manufacturer’s website.
Final Words: Realtek Audio Driver Download
Through this post, we discussed manual as well as tool-based automatic ways to download Realtek High Definition Audio drivers for Windows 7, 8, and 10. We hope the above guide is useful to you. In case you need any further information regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us. Lastly, before leaving, subscribe to our Newsletter to stay current with the latest technology trends and developments.