Are you looking for the latest Microsoft USB drivers? This post helps you to get the genuine Microsoft USB driver updates completely free for your Windows 10, 8, and 7 PC. Read on to know more.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) devices refer to peripherals, such as mice, keyboards, game controllers, removable media drives, that are connected to a computer through a USB port. In order to prevent device conflicts and ensure USB devices run in a flawless condition, it is essential to have the latest version of Microsoft-provided USB drivers installed on your Windows system. Therefore, through this step-to-step guide, we will show you how to download and install USB driver for Windows 10 Microsoft, easily and quickly.
Most Recommended Method for Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download
If you don’t want to perform several tedious steps to find the latest driver software and then install it manually, you can do it automatically with Bit Driver Updater software. This utility not only helps download and install the latest Microsoft drivers for USB devices with a single mouse click but also makes your Windows PC run faster and smoother. Also, it is available for free to download.
How to Download Microsoft USB Driver Updates Completely Free for Windows
In the below segment, we have listed the easiest methods to download Microsoft USB driver update Windows 10. You don’t have to try all of them, just choose the one that suits you best.
Method 1: Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download via Device Manager
Windows operating system has a built-in application named Device Manager to help users view and control all their PC peripherals. You can also use it to download and install the latest Microsoft USB driver updates on your Windows PC. Here are the simple steps that you require to follow for doing the same.
- Press the Win+R key at the same time to invoke the RUN command.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and click on the ‘OK’ button to launch the Device Manager tool.
- Once the Device Manager window pops up, go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category and click on it to see the names of all the USB devices connected to a computer.
- Then, right-click (or press and hold) the problematic device and choose the ‘Update Driver’ option from the context menu that appears.
- On the next screen, select the option which says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Now, wait patiently until Windows finds and installs the latest available version of your Microsoft USB driver.
- After the driver installation process completes, restart your computer.
Method 2: Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download via Windows Update
Here we have another built-in Windows service that can help you get the latest Microsoft USB driver updates completely free. This Microsoft service is known as Windows Update and is used to provide you with a host of the latest security patches and software updates. Here’s how to use it to install the latest version of driver USB Windows 10.
- Click on the Start Menu button present in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the Start Menu, click on the gear icon to launch the Settings application.
- After the Windows Settings screen comes up, locate and click on the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- After this, choose the ‘Check for Updates’ option from the right-side panel.
- Windows will then search the internet and provide you with a full list of newly released updates. Choose the one you’d like to download and install (e.g., Microsoft USB driver) on your system.
Method 3: Use Bit Driver Updater to Download, Install and Update Microsoft USB Driver Updates Completely Free
Among all the methods listed in this Microsoft USB controller driver download guide, this is one of the smartest methods that one can opt for downloading and installing the USB drivers on Windows 10. The manual methods described above are quite cumbersome and also requires a lot of time and strong technical skills to implement.
On the other hand, this method does not require much of your time and even a non-tech person can use it to get the latest Microsoft USB driver update Windows 10 without any hassles. You just have to download and install Bit Driver Updater on your system and leave the rest to this exceptional program to get the latest drivers for your desired devices. Below are some of the notable features of this tool that make it the top choice among several other driver update & repair software available in the marketplace.
- Elegant and user-friendly interface
- One-click update for all drivers
- WHQL certified driver versions
- Fast and accurate driver scans
- Drivers backup and restore feature
If you’ve successfully downloaded and installed the program on your PC, then you can string along with the below-listed steps to know how to use it to automatically download Microsoft USB driver on Windows 10.
- Launch Bit Driver Updater application on your Windows device.
- Click on the ‘Scan Drivers’ option to let it find all out-of-date, broken, and missing drivers in your system.
- After the scan is complete, select your Microsoft USB driver and click on the ‘Update Now’ button available next to it. If you want to update all your outdated device drivers in just one click, then click on the ‘Update All’ button.
Read More: Fix USB Port Not Working On Windows 10
Final Words: Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download
Through this article, we learned different methods to download Microsoft USB driver updates completely free on Windows 10, 8, & 7. All the aforementioned ways are quite effective in downloading and installing the required driver updates. However, if you need a recommendation, we would suggest the automatic method as it’s fast, effortless, and much safer than a manual approach. We hope that you find this guide useful. Lastly, if you require any further assistance/information, feel free to drop us a comment in the below-provided section.