Download & Install WIA Scanner Driver for Windows 11, 10 [Easily]
If you wish to seek the methods to perform WIA driver download, install, and update on Windows 11 and 10, then you can check out the methods listed further in this article for the same.
Windows Image Acquisition or WIA is a type of driver from Microsoft. This driver allows the scanner connected with your Windows device to communicate with the system. If this driver is missing or outdated, you may face problems like lags, glitches, and other similar or connection errors when you use the scanner.
To get ahead of these problems and run your scanner perfectly, you need to execute WIA driver update, download, and install on Windows 11, 10, and other lower systems. If you don’t know how to do that, you can take the help of the methods explained in this article.
The coming sections of this article will present to you the best as well as safe methods to execute WIA driver download and install. You can use any of these as you like to install the drive and then use your scanner device smoothly. We recommend you take the help of the below method first for a quick resolution.
Highly Recommended Method to Perform WIA Driver Install on Windows PC
The internet is ridden with multiple methods that claim to help you with WIA driver download and update. But that is not true in every case. Hence, save yourself from falling for these methods and use the Bit Driver Updater to get updates for all kinds of drivers. Download the tool and see how it provides updates for the outdated drivers and allows you to run various devices smoothly.
How to Download, Install & Update WIA Driver on Windows
Now, let’s have a look at the solutions for how to execute WIA driver install through the download and update methods listed below. Read all of these methods first and then decide which one you want to use.
Method 1: Visit the Manufacturer’s Website for WIA Driver Install (Manual)
The official website of any product manufacturer has an online support page. This support page can be used to download the drivers for any kind of Windows PC. You can take the help of the same to perform a WIA driver download. All you need to do is follow the below steps:
Note: These steps are not for a particular manufacturer’s website but can be used for almost all to download the driver.
- Run the official website of the scanner manufacturer in the browser.
- Then look for the scanner device that you are using presently.
- You may need to select the operating system after this step.
- Now click on the WIA driver and download the same.
- Install the driver after the download is complete and then restart your PC.
Also Read: CanoScan LiDE 120 Scanner Driver Download and Update on Windows PC
Method 2: Use the Windows Integrated Device Manager for WIA Driver Update (Manual)
Device Manager is the best tool to perform the WIA driver download and update on any Windows PC. This method has only two drawbacks: it is manual and may not even work in some cases. However, follow the below steps to try it out:
- Run the Device Manager by pressing Win+X keys on your keyboard.
- Expand the device category named Imaging devices
- Right-click on all the devices in the list and Update the drivers one-by-one
- If the system asks you to, go ahead with the option to search for the driver automatically.
- Restart your system after your update the drivers of all the products under Imaging Devices.
Method 3: Use Windows Update Utility to Update WIA Scanner Driver (Manual)
You may not know this but the Windows Update feature can also help with the WIA driver install on Windows 11 or other lower OS. You can access the Windows update utility with the help of the below steps if you don’t know how to:
- Click on the search bar at the left side of the taskbar and search Check for updates
- Look for updates by clicking on the Check for updates button after the utility loads.
- If the update does not start automatically, Download and Install them manually
Method 4: Use the Bit Driver Updater for WIA Driver Updates (Automatically)
Maybe last but the method is the best. You should download and use the Bit Driver Updater to download and update the WIA scanner driver automatically. The problem of outdated drivers can never be resolved permanently. The device manufacturer releases respective device driver updates regularly and hence you need proper software to download these updates regularly.
The Bit Driver Updater is the perfect software to perform the same task. This tool allows you to get and install all driver updates with a single click. Apart from this, you can also avail the benefits of advanced features like driver backup and restoration. The software allows you to schedule the update or install them instantly with a single click.
Follow the procedure below to update the WIA driver with Bit driver Updater:
- Click on the Download button right below and get the software installer
- Install and then run the tool on your Windows PC
- Click on the Scan Drivers option on the main app window
- Click on the Update All or Update Now button as you want to download all drivers at once or the desired drivers individually
- Restart your PC to apply all the changes made.
Also Read: Best Free Driver Updater for Windows 10, 8, 7
Bonus Tip: How to Fix “You need a WIA driver to use this device” Error
If you see the message “You need a WIA driver to use this device”, the above-listed driver download and update methods will help you. Apart from these, you can try uninstalling the driver using the Device Manager. If this does not work then run the Services app using Windows search and Enable Windows Image Acquisition.
WIA Scanner Driver Download and Update: Successful
Here we conclude the methods to download and update the WIA driver for various Windows PCs. We hope that these methods were the precise solutions you were looking for. Now you can run your scanner very smoothly. However, if you still want to get your questions answered or suggestions conveyed, then the comments section is there for you. Subscribe to the Techpout Blog today and get more of such interesting problem-solving tutorials and other article updates.